It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
After Obama's recent election ad highlighting his killing of OBL and attacking Romney...

Let's just hope that Obama doesn't run around killing a bunch of other people in a bid to improve his ratings (perhaps Romney should start wearing body armor).

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Soooo...the seals are playing into the fake killing? It kind of makes my blood boil that both sides are now arguing about who takes credit for something that didn't happen to begin with.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The last time a seal team six could have existed would have been on the mekong delta.

Those men would be what? 70+ years old?

Has anyone actually watched the history channel and the other documentaries? The two main shows tell completely different made up stories.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I dont mind if he takes credit. Only thing is wheres the proof? We were`nt allowed to see it. All we have are the lying words of a politition, who is on the election trail again. So anything they say is bs, as far as Im concerned.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Who didn't know that Obama was going use the killing of OBL as a campaign tool for 2012.

Well ... Obama himself said that the USA wouldn't 'spike the ball' after we got UBL. So if we were to take this 'transparent' POTUS at his word, then everyone should have thought he wouldn't use the killing for his own political gain. Right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am curious about this statement:

‘My friends that work in Special Operations Command (SOCOM) that have been on video teleconferences with Obama on these kill or capture situations say that Obama has no issue whatsoever with making decisions and typically it's kill. He’s hitting the kill button every time. I have a lot of respect for him for that.’

Now, how often does this sort of thing really happen?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Man, I will tell you exactly what i said when Obama ordered the hit on Osama. I said "well he just won his next election" when i saw this story unfolding on the news. I knew he was going to use this when it happened thats why he did it. Him taking out Bin Laden had nothing to do with justice, it was about giving him a boost to win his second term.

The Obama-nation of Desolation will use anything he can get his hands on.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well, here's the big, trillion dollar question.

He wants to set himself up as a war president, a man who will defend us when it is needed, and stomp down all enemies who try to threaten us.

Ok...and who would that be? Is Obama implying that if he is re-elected, there will be another war?

Is there a war coming? A staged battle leading up to something else? I think Obama may have tipped his hand a little bit early.

Watch out, people. The dust has barely settled and another storm is on the horizon. Batten down the hatches, Skipper!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Remember back when Carter was blamed for the failed Iranian hostage rescue.

Same ole dirty tactics by unscrupulous republicans willing to use any dirty trick in the book.

The same people want to pretend GW had no responsibility for the greatest failure in U.S. Defense in the history of the U.S. on 911.

Y'all disgust me with this cheap propaganda.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama's cartel is going to go after these SEAL's like they've done to other military members who speak out against the Fuhrer?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The simple fact is that the order to kill came from Obama, as we are told. The seals acted implicitly on those orders, he had only one chance, and that was to put up his hands, (as was announced today, no mention of a command to surrender) just that if he didn't put up his hands finito! and that, we are told is what happened, never mind him dying a couple of times before. I forgot to mention, I believe in Bugs Bunny as well. I started a thread earlier on this, OBL'S celebration second passing, with amazing more revelations, but I add the link here as well,

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

I didn't know OBL was such a meanie, he wouldn't give the local kids their footballs back!

edit on 1-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The commercial is fiction. It is a drama. I saw the commercial and it shows Obama looking out the window, it gives the illusion that he is making a great decision with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Yet, everyone knows- Obama came in from the golf course to view the raid at the white house. We have all seen the photo of him sitting there in golf attire.

I don't really think the SEALS are slamming Obama (press sensationalism), I think the SEALS were hoping for more professionalism from their leader.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
if W had gotten him, there would be a 150 foot bronze statue of him on the mall in DC holding bin ladens head with the slogan "mission accomplished" undeneath it

LOL

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Of course, this is a spokesman --- not one of Seal team 6.

So it's all lies falling in the same septic tank.

This. The title to the thread is misleading in that it says "SEALs slam Obama," when it is one former SEAL (singular and former), now Republican. He is playing his SEAL experience as a political chip and I find that disheartening. He was not on the Team that served under Obama, yet he speaks "for them" through political rhetoric. He was not there. The President calls the shots, he called the shot with Osama Bin Laden, and that is it. He is Commander in Chief in the organizational structure of the current SEAL Team 6, which makes him their Commander.

Here is my point: How does this Republican/former SEAL help honor his fellow SEALs by attacking their Commander in Chief for actions that led to the end of Osama Bin Laden? I don't think it does at all. It is just Republican nonsense, and I find it personally demoralizing to service members who have sacrificed so much.

Beating up on the President of the United States for making the decision to use his SEALs to end Osama Bin Laden is L-A-M-E. He never took credit for it, and this Republican (more Republican than SEAL it would seem) does not respect the military enough to understand the Chain of Command and the role of the President of the United States within that chain.

Lame Republican attempt to discredit Obama for being awesome. Good luck with that.
edit on 5/2/2012 by danats because: typo fix

edit on 5/2/2012 by danats because: typo... another typo

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
...Personally, the whole thing beyond "Bin Laden Dead!" could have been kept quiet.....with a big Tell All book *AFTER* the war is over and no one is learning anything useful from the details.

If he had to make world headlines and pimp the troops for extra votes anyway, the least he could have done is shown the Kodak moment.

While I don't disagree with you,if I was one to believe bin Laden was still living much past 2001, I would want the details eventually. The theoretical tell-all boon yoy speak of would never happen. This is the Permanent War. Until every last Muslim has been killed or converted, "The War Against Terror" will never be considered over.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
So isn't Senator Zinke doing nothing but making political points for himself by reminding everyone of his association with SEAL team 6?
2 politicians taking credit for the work and sacrifices of others, business as usual.

Very astute Animal! I certainly have a lot of due respect for Senator Zinke, but never once have I seen him involved with something that Didn't mention his previous employer. How's that saying go, "I am politician. When I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops." More truer words could never be spoken.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
So isn't Senator Zinke doing nothing but making political points for himself by reminding everyone of his association with SEAL team 6?
2 politicians taking credit for the work and sacrifices of others, business as usual.

In the U.S. Military we call that.

- Praises and honors for the nonparticipants. -

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
The simple fact is that the order to kill came from Obama, as we are told. The seals acted implicitly on those orders, he had only one chance, and that was to put up his hands, (as was announced today, no mention of a command to surrender) just that if he didn't put up his hands finito! and that, we are told is what happened, never mind him dying a couple of times before. I forgot to mention, I believe in Bugs Bunny as well. I started a thread earlier on this, OBL'S celebration second passing, with amazing more revelations, but I add the link here as well,

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

I didn't know OBL was such a meanie, he wouldn't give the local kids their footballs back!

edit on 1-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

Obama looks very small and pathetic spiking the football during an election year.

Seal Team 6 and Admiral McRaven deserve credit for killing UBL.

Obama looks like a small child running around awarding himself with praises and

honors.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Seal Team 6 and Admiral McRaven deserve credit for killing UBL.

These types of warriors don't want recognition. They don't want fame. They don't want medals. They don't need to hear thanks. They don't have ceremonies. That's not why they do it. They shun these things. To suggest otherwise represents a severe misunderstanding of the mentality of the Teams.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Geez, what a bunch of whiney pussies!

Seriously, don't ALL politicians like to take the credit for what they send the military to do, and big themselves up with all the false and sickly talk of patriotism and sacrifice? Not that I'd expect some dumb grunt to understand such things. After all, if they did understand, they'd probably be in a different line of business!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join