It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The history of the seals is not that secret. Its just nobody cares. Take the birth place of the seals in Ft Pierce Florida. Have you ever heard of it?

www.tcpalm.com...

The National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum at 3300 North A1A, North Hutchinson Island, Fort Pierce has received a $50,000 grant from the PNC-Harbor Foundation to help with its ongoing expansion projects.

The Museum has outgrown its current facilities and has embarked on an expansion that will add more than 8,500 sq. ft. to the existing 5,000 sq. ft. exhibition gallery.

The museum currently has many artifacts in storage that will enhance planned displays. Some of the current exhibits will be relocated within the new building. A new theater will accommodate much larger audiences and the café overlooking the exhibits will enhance the museum experience.

The National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum is the only museum dedicated solely to preserving the history of the Navy SEALs and their predecessors, including the Underwater Demolition Teams, Naval Combat Demolition Units, Office of Strategic Services Maritime Units and Amphibious Scouts and Raiders.

For more information about the museum, call 772-595-5845 or visit www.navysealmuseum.com

They still dig up things on the beach left over from there training on the beach.

And Ft Pierce must have some meanings to the Seals still even now.
cedarposts.blogspot.com...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012Obama's Hype of Seal Team 6 Crosses The Line

FT. PIERCE, Fla. - Members of SEAL Team 18 swim into the ocean to release the ashes of fellow SEALs who have died within the last year during a ceremony at Fort Pierce Beach, Fla., Nov. 7. The ceremony was part of the 25th Annual Navy Seal Muster hosted by the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum. (Photo / Senior Airman Anna-Marie Wyant).

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by JBA2848

I wonder if it would be public knowledge to know if you were apart of the secret SEAL team 6, a team we didn't know about until a year ago.

Umm, speak for yourself!

I had the misfortune to become VERY familiar with Team six in the mid-eighties....

(no I was not a seal, i was only in contact with them.)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don't have any doubt that there were sacrifices.

I doubt that Osama was actually killed on the day (let alone year) they claimed.

ATS is supposed to ask for evidence, right?

All we got was some faked pictures and very awkward excuses.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What does the history of the SEALS, a museum, have to do with knowing about SEAL team 6? Are they featured in the museum? I'm not picking up what you're putting down. I suppose a question to ask you is do you really think there's public information about members themselves being apart of SEAL team 6?

reply to post by Montana

Well, you don't represent the majority but rather the minority who knew about SEAL team 6
, but please, tell us your story

edit on 30-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
But this article reminds me of Romney doing a speach with Rudolph Giuliani who right now is pushing for the United States to work with a terrorist group MEK People's Mujahedin of Iran. Right now they are listed as a terrorist organization by the US. But Giuliani feels special and thinks hes allowed to except money from them and lobby for them to Congress.

So whos the woman in the pisture? MEK leader is in hiding so he sends his wife out in public to represent MEK in his place. Thats his wife.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't get it.

Wasn't Obama mad about them killing Bin Laden instead of capturing him.

But now he is trumpeting it as campaign rhetoric. Par for the course I guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Whoa, nice pic

Got any articles about Rudy wanting to work with MEK cause it's new to me. Last I read about the MEK was when someone put a magnet car bomb and killed him. Word has it MEK did it and they were helped by Mossad. Hell, Israel created Hamas and the CIA Al Qaeda.. I mean seriously? Can we just cut thru the BS already? End this #.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

Was he? I don't recall him wanting that. I know a lot of us are mad they didn't take him alive. I would've love to see him in court...

Obama definitely didn't brag about or take credit for OBL's death, well not at first. He even faced criticism a year ago about taking to long to decide but I think he OK'd the go ahead to take him out. Obama is no stranger to making that call it seems, or better yet, agreeing to it. And that's what happened, he agreed to it so they weren't taking him alive. What's the story again? OBL was in his bedroom? With his wife, using her a human shield? The place was surrounded and apparently OBL didn't see it coming. Was he armed when they shot him in his head?

In any case, I don't think they were planning on taking him in, although I'm they could have if they wanted too.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

since OBL died of kidney failure like ten years ago, we all should have known that his "killing" was shown to us for the explicit purpose of political influence the moment it was broadcast. im sure it will work like gangbusters seeing as how the vast majority of americans aren't paying any attention whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Two little facts;
1: OBL was already long dead
2: that particular SEAlL team was killed almost immediately afterwards
All this other crap is just moot point.
It's like a passionate argument about the real home of Santa Claus.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
reply to post by Swills

Bin Laden killed? Buried at sea.....

Do they think we're stupid?

"We will not release images of Osama's body as they are graphic and may inflame sensitivities," said the offensive, deformed, monkey-faced man.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The guy is a Republican Senator, do you expect him to back a Democrat? This brainwashing is what Politics is all about. The article is all about trying to get military to support republicans. I know not every president would have gone into Pakistan to do that. The Military units need the president's OK to do something like that now adays, after all he is the Commander and Chief. Thirty years ago it may have been different. The President knows the importance of the military, he did not take undue credit. He took responsibility for the actions of the Seals that day though by oking the action.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
2 things that I noticed.

1. Obama (or any politician for that matter) will politicize a success. Obama would politicize a bowel movement if he thought it'd help him.
This is nothing new.

2. What leapt out at me was the fact that a SEAL team member would speak out about it.

I think this speaks widely about Obama's arrogance and abuse of power.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It's the "Daily Mail," kids. It has less credibility then the National Enquirer. Ask anyone who actually lives in the UK.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I think we are saying the same thing. I asked if Obama was mad that they did kill Bin Laden. At least that is what I believe was widely reported in the media, especially when he was looking extremely frustrated in the photo that leaked when we were informed that they watched and listened to the raid live.

I guess his stance is "what's done is done, might as well ride the victory train since we got our guy."

Edit To Add:

I wonder if they payed out that award money. I know if I helped give information to capture him, I'd request that my piece of the pie got donated to schools and to help kids with school supplies.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Timing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He was a seal, now he's a republican senator. His new job is important to him. He is a Politician too.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

www.opednews.com...

Rudy Giuliani, the 2008 Republican Presidential candidate and the former New York Mayor has publicly stated that the United States should use a terrorist group to launch a military attack on Iran's civilian infrastructure -- the nuclear power plants. Giuliani is not alone in his support of the Mujahedin-e Khalq terrorist cult (MEK, also known by other acronyms such as MKO, NCRI). Many prominent voices have put their weight behind the terrorist group.

America has had a long-standing love affair with terrorists. Support for terrorist groups and governments has been part and parcel of American policy. According to William Odom, President Reagan's former NSA Director, terrorism is a tactic with the United States having a long record of supporting terrorists[ see pdf ] . But what is unique and novel about romancing the MEK is the political elite's brazen public display of support for the group, and the shameless prostitution of their services for a fee.

This must be a rude awakening for the American public. After hundreds of thousands of lives lost, trillions of dollars spent on waging a war on terror --"fighting them over there so they don't come over here", what has come home with the body bags and the debt is the realization that "they", the terrorists ARE here - and they have out politicians in their pockets.

www.motherjones.com...

Romney Adviser Blasts Government Investigation, Says Bring It On
Last December, Mitt Romney claimed that he had never heard of the Mujahedin-e-Khalq, an Iranian dissident group that's drawn prominent American defenders despite being labeled by the State Department as a terrorist organization.

Romney's ignorance was surprising: Mitchell Reiss, his foreign policy adviser and a known Mujahedin-e-Khalq supporter, had spoken at a MEK rally just the previous weekend. Now it's another adviser to his campaign, Michael Mukasey, who's voicing his support for the MEK. At an event in Paris last week, the former Attorney General spoke passionately against a recent Treasury Department investigation into the terrorist group.

—By Hamed Aleaziz
| Mon Apr. 2, 2012 3:45 PM PDT7MEK rally on August 26. Asawin SuebsaengLast December, Mitt Romney claimed that he had never heard of the Mujahedin-e-Khalq, an Iranian dissident group that's drawn prominent American defenders despite being labeled by the State Department as a terrorist organization.

Romney's ignorance was surprising: Mitchell Reiss, his foreign policy adviser and a known Mujahedin-e-Khalq supporter, had spoken at a MEK rally just the previous weekend. Now it's another adviser to his campaign, Michael Mukasey, who's voicing his support for the MEK. At an event in Paris last week, the former Attorney General spoke passionately against a recent Treasury Department investigation into the terrorist group.

Last month, Treasury delivered subpoenas to speaking agencies that count several high-profile figures and MEK advocates as clients, including former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, former FBI director Louis Freeh, former Department of Homeland Security head Tom Ridge, and former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Hugh Shelton. The subpoenas demand payment records from speeches given by the figures—records which might detail MEK payments to its backers.

news.yahoo.com...

The U.S. Treasury Department has issued subpoenas in an investigation into several prominent former senior American officials taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees to promote a controversial Iranian terrorist group, the Mujahedin e-Khalq (MEK).

Among the former cabinet level officials whose speaking agencies have received subpoenas in the investigation are former Pennsylvania governor and DNC chair Ed Rendell, former Pennsylvania governor and Department of Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge, former FBI director Louis Freeh, and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton, NBC's Michael Isikoff reported Friday. Rendell first disclosed that his speaking agency had received a subpoena in the investigation in a report by the Washington Times' Guy Taylor last week.

You can't make this crap up! Who would of thought the war on terror crowd would want to join with the terrorist.
edit on 1-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Interesting Department of Justice FBI investigation of MEK in 2004. The money from the US. Recordings from France and Germany of plans to commit terrorist attacks. And the woman in the picture with Giuliani is just as much a leader and planner as her husband.

www.american.com...
edit on 1-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Mr Zinke, who is now a Republican state senator in Montana

He is politicizing it just as much as Obama.

Pot...meet Kettle.
edit on 1-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Romney tells Obama to back off on bin Laden issue

m.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is calling on President Barack Obama to not let the killing of Osama bin Laden become a "politically divisive event."

Romney says Obama can rightfully take credit for bin Laden's downfall. But he says it was "very disappointing for the president to try to make this a political item" by suggesting he wouldn't have ordered the raid, saying, "Of course I would have."

Romney tells "CBS This Morning" Tuesday that he and Obama have plenty of issues to fight over without parting company on anti-terrorism strategy.

Without mentioning Romney's name, Obama suggested the former Massachusetts governor had waffled on whether he would have taken out bin Laden.

Romney says, "I think trying to attack me on that basis is inappropriate and the wrong course."

edit on 1-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What happen to this little gem of obamas:

"You know, we don't trot out this stuff as trophies," Obama said last May 4. "Americans and people around the world are glad that [Osama bin Laden] is gone. But we don't need to spike the football." Two days earlier, the notorious terrorist and backer of the 9/11 attacks had been killed in a raid for which Obama had given the thumbs-up.

washingtonexaminer.com...
So what's obama doing, he's spiking the football for his own gain, since I guess he can't run on his record.

Guess it's okey if it's an election year . . . but wait, didn't President Bush catch a lot of heat from the left if he even hinted at the 9-11 attacks in his speeches? Guess the double standards in play.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join