It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another time traveller photographed with a phone to her ear?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Caught this on Forgetomori and thought I'd share.

This picture is a lot clearer than the old woman in the Charlie Chaplin film. But is it really a mobile phone?

Or is it an optical illusion?

edit on 30/4/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

She's not holding anything, its her fingers folded flat against her face bar the pinky.

Unlucky Chad, nice find tho...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Going from the picture alone and not reading the thread, It is clearly her finger/hand making a shadow and light mix that could give the optical illusion of something on her face.
Very neat though..a bit of photoshop touchup and it could very much look like something.

I will now read through the thread to see how many others got it. I am thinking most would get it, it is fairly obvious actually...still, a fun little game Chad.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Simply looks like bent fingers and she is resting her cheek on them. Good eyes though first glance looks like its something.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Let's see if we can get ten more pages posted about this picture even though the obvious answer was given on Page One.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I would think if one has the technology to time travel, they probably have evolved passed using phones for communication.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
really..... ? 9 pages on this thread ? come on guys n girls get a grip. hand.. shadow...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Terry Goodkind is the author of the Sword of Truth series; AKA Legend of the Seeker. This whole thread reminds me of a quote from one of his books:

“The first step to believing something is true is wanting to believe it is true....or being afraid it is. ...

A wise person doesn't string together the beads of unrelated events into a necklace simply to have something they wish to see. A wise person sees the truth even if it is something unexpected. That is the most beautiful necklace to wear - the truth.”

The girl's hand is casting a shadow on her face. Sometimes we wish so hard to believe in something, we see what we want to.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Straight away you can tell it's her finger.
It's that easy to spot, in fact, it doesn't look like a mobile phone and neither was the Charlie Chaplin one.
Which was harder to spot.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Isn't this the same as a hoax?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Surely a time traveller would be past holding phone to their head to communicate, not to mention why would you even have a photo taken whilst on the phone. Looks like a finger to me though it could also just be a random object like some kind of earing.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Isn't this the same as a hoax?

Well if you take the title of the thread into consideration;

Another time traveller photographed with a phone to her ear?,

Then, considering (it was clear from the get-go) that members have already stated it's her finger, then you're right in assuming that this should be in the hoax bin.
After all, it's not Another time traveller photographed with a phone to her ear.

ETA: I don't know how some people can't see it's a finger, yet, they can see that the skies are clear.

Beats me.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's obviously a shadow. Being as chadwicus is an avid debunker on this site, it does seem like he's testing us.

He will never admit that this is him just having fun with us, because "knowingly" posting a hoax is against the terms and conditions and a banable offense.

Therefore he honestly believes this could be a time traveler holding a cell phone. Which makes him lose credibility with me.

..always full of condescending remarks to other members, now he's on the receiving end. Karma.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This could have been photo shopped. It is a still, and her hands really aren't in the right place, slightly too low. Also, maybe I am a nut, but why wouldn't someone want to cover the Charlie Chaplin incident up with something like this? I mean, if a time traveller was truly caught, then a cover-up could be expected. Re: see? You are just going crazy, See this picture? It proves it was all a ruse!

I definately suspect time travel. I think we've been had and that time travel is the biggest thing that is wrong with the world today. T.t. is kept secret because it is so financially potent.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

Also, I agree, it looks like a finger. Her finger is placed a little oddly and the shadows are strange. Could be that its just a finger.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It would seem to me that time travel will not be available for at least another half-century, by which time cellphones and the like will have progressed in compactness to the point where they can be hidden in button hearing-aids or in earrings. In other words, a time traveler wouldn't be using a cellphone (or other telecom devise) that she'd have to hold up to her ear.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
it's not even close to hear ear! , and she would not be able to talk to anyone either back then , you have to sit there for awhile to take a picture like that i'm sure the camera man mignt be asking what the hell is that you got there .. if it was something out of the future she might have been burned as a herotic so i don't think you would want to be showing everyone in town via a picture ..

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I haven't read any of the replies on here but, this made me laugh so hard I had to post to say thanks!

HAHAHAAHA, who's she talking to??? What network is she on????? SO FUNNY!! Is she ready to go or bill pay???

How many free texts does she get for a farthing???

Sorry

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
At first i thought it was just her fingers, but then something feels very odd with that hand, look carefully it seems the thumb is placed on the wrong side of the hand. The hand anatomy seems wrong, maybe prosthesis, some other object.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Honestly, I'm not kidding here.

Just bringing the image to the attention of ATS, be it a phone, or just her hand, I thought it was interesting.

You don't fool me old pal.

I know you are too smart to not be sure if that is a phone or her hand. You saw a picture that could possibly suggest she is holding something in her hand ( Optical illusion) and you are curious to see what ATS makes of it, if you throw out the phone idea, as per that Charlie Chaplin movie footage....A little experiment on your part.

That said, it is interesting to see people coming in here and thinking you truly believe it is a phone. Quickly "correcting" you. And no, I am not surprised at just how many people are jumping on to debate whether this is a phone or not. Even when the answer is really obvious. All in all, Id say the results should not be that surprising to you....

I see what you are doing, buddy.
(Whether you admit to it or not
)

I leave you to your thread.

Peace and love.
edit on 1-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Riiiiiiight, it's pretty obvious what the OP is trying to do here. I find it a tad bit insulting and almost trollish. But whatever....

ETA: I haven't seen the Charlie Chaplin thing you are talking about, but I think you're just trying to discredit it with this. Your bordering on spreading some disinfo here. You of all people should know better. Just an opinion, however.
edit on 1-5-2012 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join