It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another time traveller photographed with a phone to her ear?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have solved it! The woman is clearly Cpt Janeaway from USS Voyager and she is using her modified communicator to speak to her ship and crew! She is working undercover for the Temporal Time Agency to stop a Borg invasion or some other threat!

Next!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
over 90% of people are giving logical responses
Just wanted to point that while reading posters complaining about ATS posters

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Like I've already said, this is a genuine thread, no shenanigans here, but I don't blame you for thinking otherwise.

Fact is, it's an interesting image and I don't believe it's as simple as a shadow either... Nor do I believe it's a phone but I think Flysolo and OmegaLogos have come closest so far in pointing out the oddness of some of the things in the image, it's also the contention of Forgetomori as well in his update.

It's not photoshopped, but it does seem as if it's been "improved upon" somewhat by the original photographer.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hi Chad!!

Sorry if this has been covered, but I want to give my observations, maybe they can help eliminate possibilities and possibly give definitive answers to the question.

We have an ability for our brains to become familiar with certain visual items, such as facial recognition, and other common sights. This allows us to process information much faster and accurately in most cases.

Because of this, we tend to trick our brains into seeing something we are subconsiously relating the images to. This allows us to further understand risks or rewards associated with our perceptio, also allowing us to make very quick decision and steer us from harms way -fight or flight.

I believe what we are seeing here is a combination of several different things that, when combined, makes our brains believe we are indeed seeing a cell phone in the image.

However, if you look closely and try to do it without preconceived notions as to what we are looking at, we can see the the ring finger on the right hand is bent at a greater degree than the pinky on the same hand. This tells us that we are seeing the reflation off the ring finger and a shadow from the palm of the hand.

The light reflecting from the ring finger tricks us into believing it is a reflection off a cellphone and the shadow is the back of the phone pressed to the cheek.

So, the illusion is the ring finger reflecting light in a way that our minds associate it with a common sight, a cell phone.

30 years ago we would have never made this connection, as there wer absolutely no mobile cell phones.

However, if I am incorrect, then the thing sticking up on the rear of her head is nothing more than an antenna used for the cell phone's reception.

food for thought anyway and I guess I could be correct in making these assumptions

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No way! You can even see the antenna protruding above/behind her head.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
LOL, just for thought. If she were a time traveler, why would she even HAVE a cell phone? I would think a time traveler would have been to the future and have something much more advanced. Cellular communication is on its way to becoming an implant, I would expect something along those lines rather than a cumbersome iPhone or Android.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LLCCLL

Exactly what I was thinking ,,use some commen sense alil please....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
wow... you must be bored.... its her finger... duh!....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Exactly,,,30 years ago we would have said it was a walkie talkie.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

wrong! time traveling implies the possibility of advanced tech NOT relying on towers

to transmit radio or other EM spectrum waves for communication.

think out of the box. satellite phones today don't need towers. would a 'tachyon'

phone be able to 'hyperdimensionally' communicate through 'subspace'?

etc

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Oo hello there, long time no... etc. Glad youve still got lovely hugh on your avatar. Just a question, if you dont believe that it was a mobile phone, then why the title of the thread? Knowing the way your mind works, you d have debunked it from the beginning, and would not need other posters to do it for you. I just dont think you d need help on this one Chad, i really dont.
Although thanks for making things fun today., because i am completely puzzled as to why you started this thread., and i like to be mystified.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

it's her finger, you plum.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Thats a drawing duh...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by muzzleflash

I couldn't resist...

regards,

Intrptr

Hah!

When you put it that way, it does seem sort of steam-punkish.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There is my phone, I was wondering where I lost my phone.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I can't believe this ridiculous notion has generated 8 pages of responses!

It's just dumb.
edit on 1-5-2012 by aardvark888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
They photoshopped the cell phone out and tried to make it look like her hand.

Or,

It is her remote control for her time travel device, and she's giving it voice commands to initiate another time-jump.

but, it most likely is

Her hand resting against her cheek.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
it looks like its the angle of light coming in through her fingers and creating a shadow on her face.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
No cell towers, no telephone system....

So, a cell phone wouldn't work.

So, look for a different explanation.

How do you know? How do you know that numerous people from the future did not go back in time, build some cell towers in the area they were observing, and used them to communicate with each other? If they were all located in the LA area, how many cell towers would it take for them to be able to communicate? Maybe a society that was able to build a time machine somehow learned to build a cell phone that did not require cell towers. Maybe a society that could travel back in time had ample opportunity to build a whole telecommunication system. Just like the previous thread there are people who make judgements based on their knowledge of today's technology.
edit on 5/1/2012 by VeniVidi because: Wanted to always say this in the last "time traveller" thread, but I do agree this is shadow.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join