It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens? Fair enough, back to meditating.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That's pretty much my mindset right now on the whole Aliens thing, I really have become a lot less interested in it for the time being. Just wanted to add a few things from Buddhism for researchers here though. I'm not Buddhist myself, but to learn meditation as well as I could I've researched and studied parts of it every so often, for maybe around a decade now, and thought I'd do a quick search after I came to my senses again so I could share a few things.

From the wiki page on Buddhist cosmology :

The vertical cosmology is divided into thirty-one planes of existence and the planes into three realms, or dhātus, each corresponding to a different type of mentality. These three (Tridhātu) are the Ārūpyadhātu, the Rūpadhātu, and the Kāmadhātu. The latter comprises the "five or six realms". In some instances all of the beings born in the Ārūpyadhātu and the Rūpadhātu are informally classified as "gods" or "deities" (devāḥ), along with the gods of the Kāmadhātu, notwithstanding the fact that the deities of the Kāmadhātu differ more from those of the Ārūpyadhātu than they do from humans. It is to be understood that deva is an imprecise term referring to any being living in a longer-lived and generally more blissful state than humans. Most of them are not "gods" in the common sense of the term, having little or no concern with the human world and rarely if ever interacting with it; only the lowest deities of the Kāmadhātu correspond to the gods described in many polytheistic religions.

Link : Buddhist Cosmology - Vertical Cosmology

Next from a sutra in the Anguttara Nikaya, called Kosala Sutta: The Kosalan :

As far as the sun & moon revolve, illumining the directions with their light, there extends the thousand-fold cosmos. In that thousand-fold cosmos there are a thousand moons, a thousand suns, a thousand Sunerus — kings of mountains; a thousand Rose-apple continents, [1] a thousand Deathless Ox-cart [continents], a thousand northern Kuru [continents], a thousand eastern Videha [continents]; four thousand great oceans, four thousand Great Kings, a thousand [heavens of the] Four Great Kings, a thousand [heavens of the] Thirty-three, a thousand [heavens of the] Yamas, a thousand [heavens of the] Tusitas, a thousand heavens of the Nimmanaratis, a thousand heavens of the Paranimmitavasavattis, [2] and a thousand Brahma worlds."

Link : Kosala Sutta: The Kosalan

Finally a quote from the Avatamsaka Sutra :

Source : Avatamsaka Sutra, Chapter 5

That's after a quick search. Can you imagine the amount of sources you'd find on related things if you researched the Norse Yggdrasill, Vimanas of India, Celtic beings, and so many other things? I really think the idea of other beings out there is just a given really, and we've just become so lost in modern times and obsessed with our own way of life that we've forgotten how real those beings and other worlds might actually be.

Also that related to a thread I made a while back, the whole thing really seems like a distraction. In Buddhism that would equate to being caught up in maya, illusion, instead of looking inside ourselves, or meditating to see the truth of things more. Just thought I'd share this anyway.
edit on 30-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
One other thing. If reincarnation is right, every single one of us could be classed as Aliens. This could be true if we've gone through so many lives over the course of the universe's history, and we've been incarnated in different places according to our karma at the time and what lessons we had to learn.

So if reincarnation is true and we all had a sudden memory recall, well it'd be interesting to say the least!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hold on cause before we come alive again we might meet all the dead Alien creators
and talkers to make the meditations a lot more peaceful. If we find them in the liar bin
taking the heat from the dead Alien believers we should quietly pass them by.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Interestingly I was talking to a buddhist monk about meditation one day and the topic went on to what could be considered meditative astral projection. the conversation then went on to what do you beleive about alien life. he said I talk to them all the time while meditating.

I dunno, but for what it's worth.

This guy was a serious buddhist monk though and has been meditating hardcore for at least two decades.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
One other thing. If reincarnation is right, every single one of us could be classed as Aliens. This could be true if we've gone through so many lives over the course of the universe's history, and we've been incarnated in different places according to our karma at the time and what lessons we had to learn.

So if reincarnation is true and we all had a sudden memory recall, well it'd be interesting to say the least!

Something stay the same, a person's level of spiritual wisdom can evolve over life times that's what buddhism teaches, but a person can be born in to different religions, races, societies. There was a channeler that once revealed that Osama Bin laden was once Charles B. Gordon, Gordon was a christian zealot that if he had been born a muslim, well you get the idea.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I recommend Dolores Cannon's books, and deep meditation. Even making your own self hypnosis, guided meditations, to go really deep and to access your soul knowing, your Higher Self, using theta. Deep hypnosis uses Theta, sometimes alpha to theta. And sessions like that, the Higher Self regression, past life and inbetween life regressions take up to 3 hours.

What many share in these is that we're all ET or off planet, but some are stuck on the karmic wheel, for too long, and have a harder time going within, some are more psi than others, some come in to help others off that karmic wheel. That karmic wheel is the goal of the elite, and why they pump so much negativity into the school and programming and control. If you progress beyond this cosmic level, past the duality, those who are feeding off our pain, and dark side controllers would lose their subjects, so they work hard at creating failures in our tests.

Despite all of this, despite even having some clues given by HS, its still really useful to empty the cup on what we know each day, ie. to deprogram each day and simply think this is a theory, detach from the programming and simply be Love, Forgiving all ohters and yourself. And keep getting back on the bicylce each day, you're attempting to ride without training wheels and trying to smooth out and overcome troubled areas, getting angry, self indulgences, impatience or not listening to others, or growing skills, speaking up well, with grace, etc. Growing.

I personally find HS and going within far more important than seeking ET contact. I've not really sought it, but going within, yes.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have similar beliefs OP,

There's rarely any religions or philosophies who state that there is no "others" out there. The "others" being gods or extradimensional entities is not the question, simply the fact that there is something else out there.

I've been meditating 30 min a day for over 3 months now on a specific mantra and I can confidently say that there is so much more than what we see. The concept of "outter" space visitors is much less likely than visitors from another "plane" of existence.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think without a Alien resolution here has caused the post of going back to the
meditating response. I might add that meditation without realizing the threats around
you caused the high Lama to barely escape with his life.

So if Alien questions interfere with a true life experience then there calls for a resolution of sorts.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
I think without a Alien resolution here has caused the post of going back to the
meditating response. I might add that meditation without realizing the threats around
you caused the high Lama to barely escape with his life.

So if Alien questions interfere with a true life experience then there calls for a resolution of sorts.

Hi there, the Chinese governments lack of awareness of Tibet's right to freedom had a lot to do with that and still does. Thanks though.

edit on 3-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alkolyk

I've been meditating 30 min a day for over 3 months now on a specific mantra and I can confidently say that there is so much more than what we see. The concept of "outter" space visitors is much less likely than visitors from another "plane" of existence.

dogmatic thinking.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

You might view it like that, I view it as experience.
At least I used the term "much less likely" which doesn't make me an extremist, right?

edit on 3-5-2012 by Alkolyk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join