It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Crazy Christians!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
At times ATS has several threads going that bash Christians, eagerly predict the demise of Christianity, and expound with great vigor upon any defects of the religion and its followers, past, present and future.

But, this isn't one of those. At least I don't see it that it is.

I agree with you, Frogs. And I must say as a Christian, I am so tired of seeing others who profess the faith so quick to want to attack someone because they assume something that clearly isn't true. Even when there are those who do bash the faith, is it not because of the poor examples that they see around them? Did Jesus ever do that? Not at all, and the best one can do is listen, and answer speaking the truth in love, being always prepared to give an answer for the hope that lies within. These poor examples are what kept me from the faith for so long, unfortunately.

I am sorry on their behalf.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I didn't see that you mentioned the importance of orphans to the Shaker religion so here is something:

Shakers did not practice procreation themselves. Children were added to their communities through indenture, adoption, or conversion. Occasionally a foundling was anonymously left on a Shaker doorstep.[30] They welcomed all, often taking in orphans and the homeless. For children, Shaker life was structured, safe, and predictable, with no shortage of adults who cared about their young charges.[31]

When Shaker youngsters, girls and boys, reached the age of twenty-one, they were free to leave or to remain with the Shakers. Unwilling to remain celibate, many chose to leave; today there are thousands of descendants of Shaker-raised seceders.[32]

Shakers lived in "families," each family sharing a large house with separate entrances for women and men. A cluster of families constituted a Shaker village. Every family was designed to be self-supporting with its own farm and businesses, but in times of hardship, other Shaker villages pitched in to help the afflicted.

Wikipedia Shakers
edit on 2-5-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Thanks for that information. I didn't know that about the Shakers. We need more people like them today! Minus the "Mother Ann, bride of Jesus" stuff, of course.....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This certainly is a Christian bashing thread. Were this not a Christian bashing thread, the thread title would have been worded differently.

Had you been a follower of Christ you would have known this. But a believer you are not.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by steve704

This thread was never intended to be a Christian bashing thread. Please show me how I have offended you or other Christians in my OP.

Honestly, it was created as a response to an argument I was having with a poster in another thread, about all Christians believing the same thing. The poster inferred that Christians who don't believe in the virgin birth, death and resurrection of Jesus are only a few crazy fringers. Quakers and Shakers didn't, and were respectable citizens.

I knew that my non living Christian relatives didn't believe the same things that other mainstream Christians did, so I did a thread on what my ancestors believed. Also, I wanted to show how some people who call themselves Christians mislead and bilk unsuspecting followers. Please watch the Katherine Kholman video and please point out to me where she even mentions Jesus. Many people, including Christians would call the followers of these people CRAZY. And as a refugee of Jesus Camp myself, I can call those people crazy, without bashing all Christians.

If you can't see the subtle difference between bashing one's beliefs and extolling the difference of beliefs between various Christian sects, then I think your own faith maybe shaking.

edit on 17-5-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Re-name this thread toward the specific sect you speak of. If you cannot re-name this thread, delete this thread.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by steve704

You're new here. I can do neither. I wouldn't even if I could.

You must be very weak in your own personal faith that you are so easily offended by the word crazy. Can't you see that some people think differently, and are therefore, called crazy? Even Christians by Christians.

Can you respond in this thread by any way than a hit and run, superficial attack?

edit on 17-5-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There is much talk in this thread about Christian Bashing, and I would like to address that. This forum, for all intents is a Conspiracy Forum, not a Religion Forum. So why, may I ask, does Christians come in here and post their Bible quotes and Dogma all over and expect everyone to go along with them? Do they ever think that perhaps some of us do not want to be "saved" for THEIR Hell and THEIR Satan? People like me who has researched the Bible for years and found out what it's about and it's origins know there is no Devil, no Heaven, and no Hell, and yet, we get them thrust in out face every day it seems. And then you all expect us not to call you on your lies? I don't get it. I have been called everything in the book by Christians, and when fired upon, I fire back. See that Springfield in the hand of my Great-Great Grandfather in my Avatar? It was not for picking his teeth.

I tried Christianity, too stale, they pray to a dead guy, and never, ever thank Mother Earth who gives them all that have. They think God talks to them, and does things for them, like help to win games, and the lottery. They carry around a book and tell everyone God wrote it, and if you do not join their cult, you are going to Hell. Why wouldn't we react?
There are lots of Christian boards out there.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Because Christians believe that the fall of their religion is, in itself, a conspiracy.

Anyone here will cry conspiracy if something they love or are addicted to is being destroyed, even if it helps them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join