It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Animated Short.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've been trying to teach myself animation for a little while and this is my first original short. It's relatively simple, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Anyway, I just thought I'd share. It's best if watched in HD and in full screen.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

Okay wow. That was kind of sad.

I am confused. What are these emotions that you have caused me to feel?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The music conveys a sense of profound sadness and nostalgia but the concept of the animation (presumably Flash) is ambiguous to me.

The hill setting is perhaps too reminiscent of Pixar's up for me to form a fresh association or even accept your piece as original:
images2.fanpop.com...

My overall sentiment is that your creativity could be channelled into an animation short that's a little more utilitarian in motivating or educating the masses. At best, this animation, allows to viewer to emotionally self-indulge.

Perhaps you could use the hill as an analogy for the futility of the lives we are allowed to live as taxed, indebted, poisoned and lobotomised slaves. That, in my opinion, wouldn't be an insignificant extraneous item of art.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

Sad...yet..comforting at the same time. Excellent choice in sound track. You are very talented.

I Love It....can't wait to see more of your work....

Des

edit on 30-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Cool - I like it!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wow....

That actually brought a tear to my eye!

I could feel the sadness

Well done,
You have stirred emotional responses with both the music and the animation

I'm gonna share that on facebook.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's not sad for me, it inspires tenderness and innocence. Something pure. I really liked it, thanks. You are right, it's simple, but that make it beautiful.

Keep it like that if you make more shorts. I believe a short film doesn't have enough time to espress an elaborated idea, it has just enough time to touch the heart of the people. You did it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
It's not sad for me, it inspires tenderness and innocence. Something pure. I really liked it, thanks. You are right, it's simple, but that make it beautiful.

Keep it like that if you make more shorts. I believe a short film doesn't have enough time to espress an elaborated idea, it has just enough time to touch the heart of the people. You did it.

Thank you for the good advice. I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
It's not sad for me,

Agreed...

It actually instills a sense of hope - something I'm not too familiar with...

Well done OP.

edit on 30-4-2012 by facelift because: add an 'o'

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns
Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback.

I, for one, didn't impart positive feedback. I mainly imparted negative feedback with constructive suggestions. This isn't a case of semantics; I just don't feel that you've adequately addressed my feedback.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by jnyblujns
Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback.

I, for one, didn't impart positive feedback. I mainly imparted negative feedback with constructive suggestions. This isn't a case of semantics; I just don't feel that you've adequately addressed my feedback.

Perhaps that's because I found your feedback to be extremely judgemental and pretentious, especially considering I stated this is the first animation I've ever made. I mean, seriously, you actually said this:

"My overall sentiment is that your creativity could be channelled into an animation short that's a little more utilitarian in motivating or educating the masses. At best, this animation, allows to viewer to emotionally self-indulge.

Perhaps you could use the hill as an analogy for the futility of the lives we are allowed to live as taxed, indebted, poisoned and lobotomised slaves. That, in my opinion, wouldn't be an insignificant extraneous item of art."

I mean, seriously, it's not like I'm displaying my "work" at a NYC art gallery. I'm just a guy, who made a simple animation, that was meant to be simple. I'm sorry, I didn't find your pompous attitude to be very "constructive". I also wasn't aware that you were entitled to an "adequate" response from me.

I didn't reply to your post because, as my mother always use to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, it's usually best to keep your mouth shut, but since you want so badly for a response from me, then how's this?...Go F--- Yourself.

Have a good day.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Neat. The first thing I noticed was the shifting perspective when you swooped the "camera" down. And then you didn't do it again. Good. It's very easy to overuse a nifty effect.

Then the musical score. I just couldn't place the key. I lost the physical capacity to play years ago, but I could almost swear you were using a major key where one would expect a minor. That sort of thing would contribute to the "oddly uplifting" effect people noted. Also, and I had to give it a second look to see it, the walker's footsteps corresponded to the beat in some uneven ratio. So the synchronicity was there but subtle.

One last note would be the one thing you did point out. It was of clickable length. Good move.

That was art.

top topics

join