It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estill Springs, TN : School Girls Spot UFO - 1994

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Wanted to bring this to your attention ... I read this article back in '94 about the girls in our local paper and this story has stuck with me ever since. Noted: I found it odd that the little girls' names were mentioned being minors . I also thought to myself , then, that one day I would call them on their story one way or another. I wanted to interview them then but of course I couldn't and now they are almost adults. If these little girls , now all grown up, are still around, I wish to question them about this incident.....and also see if any further events may have happened.

The story is wild ...for sure. Imagination? Attention seeking? Yeah, those were my first thoughts.... but then again, I have had 'unexplainable' happen to me in same town. Which keeps me with an open mind to the possibility.

Tried to find the newspaper article but could only find this : A link to the old server the newspaper used. So the link will no longer work. How I wish I had the name of article writer so I could ask him of ''his feel'' for the story....

Many questions are swirling here.....and another, was this story just a way to get someone's grand kid seen in the paper? You guys tell me what you think.. Maybe, this thread will prompt me to find/contact interview. If they lied about this, I wish to know what prompted them to do so?

07-27-04 Estill Springs' Girls Spot UFO; Next Time they will get Picture... Both will enter fourth grade at Rock Creek Elementary School and they will tell their class about the most exciting thing that happened to them this summer-they spotted a UFO while out walking the dog.

Read their story here:
www.ufoupdateslist.com...

The story sounds quite fantastic but then again so many people DO seem to have their share of fantastic experiences ...Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction . But in this case -Who believes this ? I'm not so sure but I DO know that we DO have some fantastic high tech flying crafts around in our skies , I , and many others have seen some definitely strange unidentified flying objects.

Guys, this was in our local news.....
I actually was shocked to read this..
Hoping too by making this thread , it will be the prompt for me to contact these girls for an interview in near future.
Thoughts appreciated!

ETA: They claim a sighting ...and my sighting was in following Oct of same year. Date of report does not reflect actual date but have notified Mufon of this. My sighting is here: www.nuforc.org...

So ... on a quest for truth here!

Appreciate your thoughts and help!
edit on 30-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If memory serves me correctly, school girls saw the apparitions of witches and claimed to be oppressed by some sort of evil miasma. Several people were executed and it was more or less a hoax. I can't think of anyone more impressionable than a teenage girl(Edit: or child, at 9 years old).... well... maybe a conspiracy nut with a touch of schizophrenia

Maybe they saw it, maybe they didn't. It's a shame you can't find them and ask now.
edit on 4/30/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

hi and thanks for your input. Oh wow, didn't realize that! Actually, I see no harm in trying to contact them now... even though they aren't of age yet. I guess It wouldn't hurt to question . I'd rather them be of age though....Too, I'd like to get them both at the same time if possible and of course off guard with the questioning. Heading to the phone directory now to get the last names ... then will have to track from there .. I just hope they still reside in Estill Springs or at least in the county. Wish me luck!

edit on 30-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Tried to edit OP ( too late) but one other thing I failed to mention...that I question... Would not the girls' parents have to give permission to use their names being a minor child? If so, wouldn't this mean that both sets of parents would have believed their children ..the girls?
Will put more time into this tomorrow ...or try to do so.
Thank you for your thoughts /opinions in advance.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Pretty sure this is a hoax. Notice how at the beginning the article mentions that the girls had spent time over the summer watching UFO documentaries.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I agree in that it could be hoaxed because watching the documentaries could have spawned their imagination to 'play' around. Logical thinking. Of course, we can always assume. We can also assume that these documentaries only alerted the girls to the ufo's- to be looking up and more watchful. So either way, right? You are probably right though. What gets me is the parents - They would have had to give permission for the girls names to have been printed in the newspaper, correct? If so, wouldn't this say that the children were believed by the parents ? I'm bumbfuzzled to this.

top topics

join