It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your idea of a sincere guitar solo?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey folks- gotta say i really enjoy all of these...Steve Howe was the one I considered a guitar god in my teens in the late 70's. Frank, Stevie Ray, Jimmy, Joe all put me in a very relaxed rockin' mood. But my latest love for the six string would be Monte Montgomery. Don't know how to embed yet being the noob that I am, but I highly recommend checking him out. Fantastic stuff...Love Comes Knockin', All on Me, Bringing me down, When will I...all great stuff IMHO. Be interested to hear your opinions!!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
listen to the guitar intro on venom buried alive

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

yep, let's count this one in :-) thanks!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaTommyJ
Hey folks- gotta say i really enjoy all of these...Steve Howe was the one I considered a guitar god in my teens in the late 70's. Frank, Stevie Ray, Jimmy, Joe all put me in a very relaxed rockin' mood. But my latest love for the six string would be Monte Montgomery. Don't know how to embed yet being the noob that I am, but I highly recommend checking him out. Fantastic stuff...Love Comes Knockin', All on Me, Bringing me down, When will I...all great stuff IMHO. Be interested to hear your opinions!!

thanks a lot for this addition, some wonderful names in that list

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
listen to the guitar intro on venom buried alive

thanks
you made a useful contribution to my list...

and isn't it true: "music is the best" (FZ)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Don't know if this will work, but here's Monte absolutely slaying Little Wing. If you ever, ever get a chance to see him in person, I highly suggest you do it. You will not regret it, I promise- he has blown away everyone I've taken to a show!! Become a Montiac like many others!!

Edit-

edit on 1-5-2012 by PaTommyJ because: OK. like I said- noob can't do... Someone (Mods???) please help!!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Did someone mention Uli Roth?

He's not playing the guitar, the guitar's playing him, like magic.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

I don't know if Hendrix wrote the guitar parts of this song on the spot, what I'm aware of is he did a lot of jamming and perhaps this is one of those tunes where the leads were improvised.

It's playing such as this that definitely makes one agree with Rolling Stone when they voted him "Greatest Guitar Player". Check out 1:42-2:02. Absolutely brilliant.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Truly one of the best and most underrated. Listening to his best work makes one see why Kirk Hammett and Marty Friedman were influenced by him.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not my favorite band but in the Top 2.
Tony can make that guitar sing:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

I don't know if Hendrix wrote the guitar parts of this song on the spot, what I'm aware of is he did a lot of jamming and perhaps this is one of those tunes where the leads were improvised.

It's playing such as this that definitely makes one agree with Rolling Stone when they voted him "Greatest Guitar Player". Check out 1:42-2:02. Absolutely brilliant.

oh for sure JH really spoke with his guitar, he made love to it

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It doesn't get any better than this:

Arguably the best rock and roll tune ever recorded. And guitar? How many players did Skynyrd have? 2? 3? That's 12 minutes well spent.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Another guitar god that can make that instrument sing. Carlos:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Let's not forget Slow Hand:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
David Gilmore:

That guitar is speaking.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link