It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would travel space knowing you could never return

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have been thinking a lot lately, with everything going on in this world. I mean just look at ATS and any news source and It's horrible.So like the title says

If you was given the opportunity and knew that you family would be taken care of money wise, would you travel the universe knowing you'll never return? I know we have things for unmanned missions, but I'd like to the first human to embark on this journey.

So would you do it? I know I sure would.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Where do I sign up for this? Is there a recruit camp? I can't wait to get away from this disaster...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Without a second of hesitation. I have always dreamed of exploring the giant fish bowl that is space.

Can I go now?
edit on 30-4-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yep.

I really can't stand all the people in this world. All they do anymore is yell and scream at each other and don't really want to learn to live with each other, just force the other people to live by their beliefs.

It's tiresome.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If they could do it reasonably safely, and a return if the destination is not habitable.

Yes it wouldn't matter to me if because of say relativistic travel I would return to something unrecognizable.

I would sign up.

I would not sign up for a complete no chance of return/ if your destination sucks oh well kinda situation.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
the fact you couldnt protect your family would probably lead to mainly older people who's children were themselves married off and secure in life to apply knowing their job here on earth was done, but i'd sign up so long as i could take the mrs with me along with enough reading material to keep us happy

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Then you wouldn't be able to go, this is a no return one way ticket out of hell lol

edit on 30-4-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Even if I got to my destination (say a planet) and it turned out to be uninhabitable, I would GLADLY spend the rest of my days floating through space in my little space explorer marveling at the wonders of the universe. Hell, I might even discover some life forms while I'm floating around.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by it4lian
[more
If you find out let me know too

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Not in our primitive space vehicles I wouldn't, but if I got to go on a nice big ship with all the amenities sure I'll go in a second.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PrestonSpace

Live a little.

Are you one of the types who won't go camping without a tv, radio and a camper?

(end teasing)
edit on 30-4-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Instantly.

That would be assuming technology exists to explore whatever reaches of space one wanted without the limitations of time or speed of travel getting in the way. There's a virtually infinite world out there to explore and the diversity among planets is virtually limitless so nothing would ever get old.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Every Ron Paul voter will be wide open to the possibillity in a few months when their savior retires in defeat. Earth without online polls will become unbearable for them. NASA will have plenty of volunteers but they better pick from the cream of that crop fast before they all self implode.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am always down for an adventure. Bring it on.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would love to settle on my own planet and live in solitude for the rest of my days, knowing I won't rape it of its resources or poison its oceans, soil, and air.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I would love to settle on my own planet and live in solitude for the rest of my days, knowing I won't rape it of its resources or poison its oceans, soil, and air.

What if a single bacteria from your digestive tract wipes out all traces of life on the new planet. You would do more harm than all of the people who ever existed on Earth.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't leave my wife....no, but I would leave with her, and leave the rest of my family here, on such a journey.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes I would go, it sounds like the greatest adventure mankind could embark upon. With the type of technology required you would at the very least be able to communicate with earth to let the people at home know what's going on out there.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You damn well betcha I'd go. Let child support find me there. BWAHAHAHAHA!!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
For all of you saying "Yes!", you might want to think twice. If you've ever been to jail or been confined to an area for long periods of time, then you know what I'm about to say. You would go stark craving mad being confined to a space ship traveling through space for the rest of your life. Even with other passengers there would come a time with you've had enough. Talk about having cabin fever in the winter time HA that would be childs play compared to this. Space is a scary place and the thought of the unknown and what you might come across is enough to deter me. Call me chicken s**t but I like my two feet planted firmly on mother Earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join