It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So North Korea now has Nukes... what do we do now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
N. Korea Nuke

What do we do?

Do we negotiate? Do we strike?

If this is already up, Mods, please delete.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
How about we just keep ignoring them like always.

They just like to scare people. I don't think they are suicidal and going to attack anyone.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't believe we will attack N. Korea anytime soon because I still firmly believe this is a war about oil and not a war on terrorism.

Oct. 18, 2002 - Yesterday's announcement by the State Department that North Korea has a nuclear weapons program is troubling for two reasons. First, it raises all of the obvious questions about whether, if the U.S. isn't really concerned about oil, it will now drop all Iraqi plans and go invade Korea instead. They seem to be closer to building a bomb than Iraq is. But secondly and perhaps most importantly is the fact that, as reported by Stratfor, Pyongyang told the Bush Administration about the nuclear program two weeks ago. Why didn't we hear about it then?

Stratfor suggests that reason is a pending summit between the U.S. and China where one country might be traded for another. But instead it is likely the announcements earlier this year that the two Korea's might unite scares the White House infinitely more. What, then, would be the need for massive U.S. troop deployments in the former South Korea, right next to China? And isn't it also strange that a number of pipeline plans involving both U.S. and Russian companies that might go around China and make oil marketable to Japan and South Korea seem to pass through North Korea?

www.fromthewilderness.com...

So if I'm reading this correctly, the U.S. is gonig after the countries where the oil resides and staying away from the countries that scare the Bush Administration.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Calling North Korea terrorist is silly. Name ONE Korean terrorist that has attacked a US intrest.

N. Korea is a chinese ally. Its a crappy country but a country nonetheless. Its not harboring any terrorist.

N. Korea just sits there while Kim Jong Il shouts empty threats.

N. Korea just want attention and free stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
I don't believe we will attack N. Korea anytime soon because I still firmly believe this is a war about oil and not a war on terrorism.

if anything, i would have thought that N Korea would have attacked the US, rather than the other way round.

in another post somewhere it had how Kim was saying he was pressured by the US. maybe he would lose it and let one fly? god forbid

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSpallacus
if anything, i would have thought that N Korea would have attacked the US, rather than the other way round.

That's what I thought too at first but that doesn't seem to be the case now, does it?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
He might just sell a few to terrorist to pay his bills and let someone else nuke America.

I say invite him to the White House to a party, buy him a Cuban cigar, and welcome him to the club.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
2 months ago, here in vienna, the deputy ambassador of US to Austria was visiting the main university. Later that day, he set up a live q&a in a big lectureroom. We students were told to treat him "fairly" by the moderators.

For starters, we did what we were told but as time went by, the questions were getting harder and harder. Anyways, here is the point.

A guy from the audience asked the deputy ambassador :
"What is this for a double morale? On the one hand, you say that iraq has got WMD and attack them, and on the other NK is in hot pursuit of WMD and the US doesnt do anything..."

Here is what the ambassador replied if my memory doesnt fail me:
"NK is simply too strong a country to attack"

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wolf! Wolf!

But North Korea said it would never scrap its nuclear programs first and wait to get rewarded later. Instead, it insisted on ``reward for freeze.''

Just more extortion. Personally, I say we ignore them, sell S Korea some of our excess nukes, and let them have fun at their own cold war...

I'm tired of our leaders paying this idiot blood money...I say stop the gravy train.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey Groupies:

Choe Sun Han of North Korea stated his position very clearly about NOrth Korean nukes being a DETERRENT to aggression such as the US has demonstrated against Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001:

In other words, IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN would NEVER have been attacked by the US (much less occupied by them) if these two nations had Nuclear Weapons "as a deterrent"---

The message is clear to the rest of the world: North Korea (witness Iran's behaviour of late) is sending the message that:

IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOMBED AND OCCUPIED BY THE US FORCES UNDER SOME PHONY BOLOGNY "PRETEXT OF TERRORISM" LIKE AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ WERE, THEN YOU BETTER HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

SO ALL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR NOW ARE ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM ALL THE OTHER TARGET NATIONS OF THE US PHONY WAR ("axis of Evil") THAT THEY TOO HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS....

AND DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT THAT PAKISTAN (a muslim nation) CANNOT SELL A FEW OF THEIR SPARE NUKES TO THEIR MUSLIM BROTHERS OUT THERE.....I CAN HEAR IT ALL NOW...NUKES FOR SALE !! NUKES FOR SALE....!!!

What HAS GEORGE DUBYA DONE?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeus
Hey Groupies:

Choe Sun Han of North Korea stated his position very clearly about NOrth Korean nukes being a DETERRENT to aggression such as the US has demonstrated against Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001:

In other words, IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN would NEVER have been attacked by the US (much less occupied by them) if these two nations had Nuclear Weapons "as a deterrent"---

The message is clear to the rest of the world: North Korea (witness Iran's behaviour of late) is sending the message that:

IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOMBED AND OCCUPIED BY THE US FORCES UNDER SOME PHONY BOLOGNY "PRETEXT OF TERRORISM" LIKE AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ WERE, THEN YOU BETTER HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

SO ALL WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR NOW ARE ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM ALL THE OTHER TARGET NATIONS OF THE US PHONY WAR ("axis of Evil") THAT THEY TOO HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS....

AND DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT THAT PAKISTAN (a muslim nation) CANNOT SELL A FEW OF THEIR SPARE NUKES TO THEIR MUSLIM BROTHERS OUT THERE.....I CAN HEAR IT ALL NOW...NUKES FOR SALE !! NUKES FOR SALE....!!!

What HAS GEORGE DUBYA DONE?

Take that thought a step further and NK have put themselves in an extremely dangerous position. The US will do ANYTHING to kill that message.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
DELETED BY FACEFIRST

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Screw NK, stop giving them money, stop giving them food, let them starve ... it's their own fault for supporting their system of government.

top topics

join