It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: 30,000 Drones Over America – Weaponized Police State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Now, on 2/10/2012 we find the corrupt US Congress has approved (and President Obama has signed) a law funding 30,000 DEVIL DRONE UNMANNED AIRCRAFT[.b] for use inside America's boundaries at the behest of the Department of Homeland Security. Bill, HR 658, the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act authorizes the manufacture and deployment of the dreadful spy drones by 2015 at a cost of $63.4 Billion which may not include the cost of supporting and maintaining them after they are deployed. I thought we were cutting spending. Who are the financial power elite enabling - military industrial complex crony capitalists getting the spy drone construction contracts?

Found this video, thought it was a good watch.
I remember one day, a couple years ago, my dad who flies down interstates got pulled over for speeding. But did not pass a cop, he asked the officer how he knew he was speeding. The officer replyed, "airplanes."

Crazy stuff. I know this topic has already been posted, but visual's are always better.
Peace & Love

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much with 30,000. Recall the Arizona video of the cops crashing many MANY 10's of thousands of dollars worth of drone straight into their own tank. lol.... Numbers doesn't mean skill and we're all talking about the same cops we're watching in the videos every day right? We're in GOOD shape if it's law enforcement running 'em.

I'll be worried when they find a way to direct domestic drone operations out of military installations. Now THOSE are pilots I don't want to imagine on the controls of a drone over my head. Drones are nifty, whiz bang gadgets for the cops. They simply cold and effective tools to kill with for the troops.

Please..more cops on the joysticks. I really prefer a big crash to anything else.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, O.P. In that first clip about the new sheriff's drone, it mentions it can be equipped with grenades. I was like,
.......and then I was like,

WTF? Why would the sheriff's department need to equip their drone with a grenade? This is some seriously f-ed up sh*t. And the worst part about it is, a majority of the people are so blind, they probably thought the idea was really cool. I'll bet few eyebrows were even raised after that news report.

And, of course, no video of this nature is complete without a snippet of Obama uttering his next arrogant line of bulls**t.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Technology is a gift and a curse...

People like to get all up in arms over such undertakings, yet I still don't understand why...

Look...

The government is always going to take in account the new and improved technologies of the times. They will always be intruding on our privacy, for means of defense. This is unfortunate, but at the same time... just a construct of innovation and progressive governments which only reflects us as people.

I can't wait to hear what people have to say when future technologies are intergrated into the DOD or homeland security...

Reality is... one day:

Every single persons where abouts will be known by some government institution
Every transaction will be known by some government insitution
Every communication between individuals will be known by some government institution
Every move, every word, every dropping of the soap.... will be known.

get over it, technology does not know privacy, and the justifications of protecting people will also never culminate into privacy.

They are watching you...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Land of the Free,
and the home of the brave`

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wait till we start hearing about collateral damage when they start killing terrorist suspects with these drones, and anybody who is unlucky enough to be standing around when they fire.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

"get over it?"
Get used to no privacy or freedom because it's inevitable?
So is death but that doesn't mean we won't do everything in our power to prevent it.

Drones are about as insidious an idea as there ever was and the idea that our government would waste $60 Billion on this when there are so many other needs for that money is unfathomable. They mean to make war on the public that much is plain to see.
It completely violates 4th Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and gives the government carte blanche authority to look everywhere including into your house with thermal imaging.
If this doesn't drive up sales of .50 cal rifles nothing will.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Thanks for the post, O.P. In that first clip about the new sheriff's drone, it mentions it can be equipped with grenades. I was like,
.......and then I was like,

WTF? Why would the sheriff's department need to equip their drone with a grenade? This is some seriously f-ed up sh*t. And the worst part about it is, a majority of the people are so blind, they probably thought the idea was really cool. I'll bet few eyebrows were even raised after that news report.

And, of course, no video of this nature is complete without a snippet of Obama uttering his next arrogant line of bulls**t.

Don't worry. The grenades will just lil ole teargas grenades...not "real" ones (yeah, right...)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Grenades? But I read just the other day that they're for watching our parks and checking on water levels. Why would they need grenades to do that?

Wait... a... m_i_n_u_t_e. Did our government lie to us again? Damn! I hate when that happens. I just hope they never lie to us again....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Haven't I seen this in terminator?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is where the FAA has authorized them to fly, so far...Also, another link to an article PopSci ran regarding the matter, that has some interesting information. The map lists the municipalities given FAA authorization thus far.

I am from central FL, some may be aware of Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd (there have been stories regarding him posted on ATS a few times, he's pretty notorious for his tactics.) Well Polk County, Florida is one of the authorized municipalities, albeit more relative to me perhaps, but nonetheless interesting that he has the use of drones.

Who is Flying Drones in the U.S. and Where Are They Flying?

Drone location map giving FAA airspace authorization

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

"get over it?"
So is death but that doesn't mean we won't do everything in our power to prevent it.

Drones are about as insidious an idea as there ever was and the idea that our government would waste $60 Billion on this when there are so many other needs for that money is unfathomable. They mean to make war on the public that much is plain to see.
It completely violates 4th Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and gives the government carte blanche authority to look everywhere including into your house with thermal imaging.

1. The fact that the US Government is spending more than $60,000,000,000 on these drones is crazy.

2. The war on the public is not so clear to see. The fact that there are going to be drones or AUV's as a part of national defense, is just a construct of government and defense. Is it not possible that there are those that can be considered a part of the 'public' that do not care for the good of others? That are willing to take the lives of US citizens in efforts to set forth change? I think you get the notion in this line of questioning.

3. You may be a speck in the panaromic view, but not the focus of the shot.
It is impossible for the government to have surveillance over anything, with out an individual that is not of concern being captured in the recordings. It could be argued that the 4th Amendment protects us from such tactics, but that only goes so far. Things like The Partiot Act, are designed to be withdrawn via vote. But to have a camera in the sky, does not go against the grain of the US Constitution(or so I've been told, and agree with steming from everything I know).

Thermal imaging is a tricky subject if you want to address the constitutionality of it, especially considering it doesn't actually consist of viewing inside the house. Rather it is the heat itself being radiated off of a surface. They are not flying around, looking 'in' your house. They are looking for hot spots, or abnormal activity that may warrant further surveillance.

If it really bothers you, go buy some better insulation.

Guess what, they can also listen to what's going on inside your house just by your window with a laser!!

There's a lot of measures that the government has taken into the stripping of our privacy, and suppressing dissent(msm), and yada yada yada... I just don't think these drones are one of them.

If these drones are weaponized, that can be both good and bad. It depends on if you think that the government wants to kill innocent people. But I guess, that's partially what this who 'police state' type of conspiracy consists of though, huh.

The level of the technology will always be 'scarier and scarier' as time progresses. It's more about those who have the power to use it.

Guns don't kill people, the ones you put behind them do, and not all people behind them would.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

"get over it?"

You're gonna need a bigger range, but man, skeet shooting with a 50 cal ..... cool as bro!

What someone needs to develop now is a micro interceptor missile. Little tiny thing you can launch while driving! ROFL

All jokes aside, it is getting pretty bad. We were warned years ago with movies like the one about the helicopter, I think it was Blue Thunder (?).

P

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What would a laser pen do to a drone? Anything?
edit on 30-4-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
What would a laser pen do to a drone? Anything?
edit on 30-4-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

Entice it to fire a missile at your butt! "But sir, we was targeted by an anti air missile sir. It had a laser lock on us and we felt scared sir. According to them new laws shooting at our spy planes is the same as shooting at out officers sir. He got what was coming!"

I would not fire a laser at one unless of course it is actually capable of blowing the aircraft to tiny bits and pieces.

P

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sometimes we can learn from nature how to defend from predators. Would be cool to make a quarter scale P-51 mustang Kamikaze that has a 5 mile radius distance and crash into some drones!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Google "anti drone weapons" & "anti drone technology" &"anti-drone drones"

I can see now drone on drone dog fights going on over head in the skies of the US.
I wonder if home owners insurance will cover it when a down drone crashes though the roof of your house.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Google "anti drone weapons" & "anti drone technology" &"anti-drone drones"

I can see now drone on drone dog fights going on over head in the skies of the US.
I wonder if home owners insurance will cover it when a down drone crashes though the roof of your house.

your probally on a terrorist watch list for googling something like that lol
2nd line

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Totally reminds me of this:

I know this is from a TV show...but is it??
And yes, that's Mikey, or Rudy, or that guy from Lord of the Rings...

edit on 30-4-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Its for your safety and protection.
Just trust them:]

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join