It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange New Propulsion Method.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I´m working at FESTO could ask if I can do an ATS special on it if interest is there. We have nice toys here to play with

BTW, don´t be deceived, its filled with helium to a point where it floats in air perfect. Same with the SmartBird and AirJelly. I wrote code for both of them but the inverted cube was done by a different team. BTW, the video is partly fake, he´s not controlling the cube with the pad.
edit on 29-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

BTW2, it was kept secret until a few months even here in the factory. Dunno why but it had to do with the actuators, something freshly out of lab I suppose.
edit on 29-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Wonder if you could put solar panels on it and some type of wireless device to remotely send energy . Maybe even trap it in a magnetic field (or something) to keep it in one area and not fly everywhere , sort of like that pong style bouncing ball screen saver back in the day . Now that would be cool .

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm not sure how practical it is or what use it could be but...
]

Perfect, just what I was looking for as the centre piece for my floating Origami exhibition..

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It would be a good method to move intravenous robots.

Just the first thing that comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
reply to post by Phage

Look like CGI fake

But then again could be a len flare

Definitely an aperture artifact. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very cool looking. Only real use I can think of off-the-bat is to use it to add to various indoor performances. With the right lights, coloring, maybe even mirror-finish and what not, it could be very visually stimulating.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
That was... beautiful..
I love that thin line between science and art.
And that feeling you get when you see things like this.. that's why it is useful.
Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join