It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is an anonymous letter recently sent that describes a strange sounding conspiracy. It involves the music industry and a consortium of people interested in privatizing prisons!

Basically it states that the music industry would only sign "gangster" rappers as a way to promote criminal behavior and increase the prison population.

Quickly after the meeting began, one of my industry colleagues (who shall remain nameless like everyone else) thanked us for attending. He then gave the floor to a man who only introduced himself by first name and gave no further details about his personal background. I think he was the owner of the residence but it was never confirmed. He briefly praised all of us for the success we had achieved in our industry and congratulated us for being selected as part of this small group of “decision makers”. At this point I begin to feel slightly uncomfortable at the strangeness of this gathering. The subject quickly changed as the speaker went on to tell us that the respective companies we represented had invested in a very profitable industry which could become even more rewarding with our active involvement. He explained that the companies we work for had invested millions into the building of privately owned prisons and that our positions of influence in the music industry would actually impact the profitability of these investments. I remember many of us in the group immediately looking at each other in confusion. At the time, I didn’t know what a private prison was but I wasn't the only one. Sure enough, someone asked what these prisons were and what any of this had to do with us. We were told that these prisons were built by privately owned companies who received funding from the government based on the number of inmates.

Source

I of course have no way of validating this conspiracy...what does the ATS community think?
edit on Mon Apr 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This has already been posted dude

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you can use the search at the top of the page to search for topics before posting them

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Aw crap, sorry about that. Still a noob when it comes to ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I personally think it's a wild and really interesting sounding conspiracy. Just the kind of thing to sink our teeth into....except I find it totally impossible.

If the record industry were staffed by Bush-Bots, it'd make sense. The extreme of the Security infrastructure would love this. The problem is, Music as a whole isn't exactly a fan of Conservative control and prison expansion. It's more tha Occupy type mindset, if ANYTHING in my experience....at least outside of Country.

So...The people who'd most likely get violent over such a conspiracy actually happening are the ones most likely to have DONE it? Hmm... Doesn't track for me. Then, I'm not a music connoisseur for that Genre but Rappers don't strike me as the pro-private / pro-prisons for profit kinda guys ....and far from stupid in being played for years and not realizing it. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join