It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Internet is Dead", Goodbye to ATS and other sites like this.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The internet is far from dead in my opinion. I have heard about internet 2 which will make things very very fast in terms of bandwidth but i haven't heard about it being "government controlled" and if that was the case, why would anyone want to switch? The internet is the last stand for freedom of speech, the only place anyone can say just about anything. There are problems, spyware, spam but overall the internet is still an active informative place. The activity on this site alone is proof of that.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
According to many sources, the internet is dead.. it will soon be replaced by a newe and improved internet which will be governement controled.
The old internet, this one www, they will soon take this out let it get outdated and whatever.. Then take Internet 2 as its savor.

ALso from what I understand from other sources that this internet will be governemently controlled and will make it so places like this will not exist. They will not allow us to have aniti government type crap on there. and it will also be hooked into all kinda appliances...

I have read all the source material posted by ThichHeaded and I found nothing that even remotely suggests these statements.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You cannot keep track of a good computer programmer if he had two computers. =-) ... That is just a guess I really do not know. Peace .. Internet will never be dead unless all the servers die. Then the internet would be dead you all are a bunch of wierd thinking people ... all the internet is, is a bunch of hardware destroy the hardware there is not internet Shoott .. destroy all the computers built over 1995 and the rest of you wil not know how to work the Dos systems. LoL ... and the Windows won't run on them lol ... Well they will but you wil use dial up to get on internet and then lets see you guys get on here and chat .

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
While the Goverments may try to control the internet they will not. Because dispite there objections to its content at times they have the knowledge already the pacification thru restraint will offer them more than control but a less sinister method by which to win favor world wide. For example if it becomes a state run propaganda machine then how are they going to force you to use it, it is far more easier to operate a world wide intelligence based setup in the existing internet.

For example every time I hear on the news of a beeading where does the footage and story go.. Aljazeera.net right well thats intel and the goverment knows it or how do they know who to chase down after a bombing again statements from those who did it posted by them on the internet of course.

They cant change the country without borders where all the citizens intermingle freely, its not in there best intrest. It better serves the to maintain the big brother status they already have and if you screw up they know right where to find you. RULE THROUGH FEAR is there true policy.

If you are affraid of getting caught you wont bring it the UNITED WORLD OF THE INTERNET, but likewise if you want to fight you will.

See it works for them better than their own intelligence agencies 90% of all new intel comes from the world wide web. The old gum shoe method is to costly and takes to much money and personel both of with the goverment would rather us to wage war.

Odd

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Even when the government really does ban something, which is rare, it simply becomes more expensive, and riskier... it doesn't go away.

Drugs, murder, and prostitution are 'banned', but they still happen every day... in fact, I bet you could get hold of all three within fifty miles of your home. And even if the Internet does become a government institution, then we can just improvise our own network, as suggested in numerous posts above.

Just remember, it is nowhere near human nature to stop doing something just because the government tells you to. It has never worked before, and it probably never will.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thank you ODD thats exactly what I think , the conspiracy theory of control while in some points may be factual you will find that even more are either
dead or dying before they start or they never got out of someones head to do there damage.

If by chance the armor gets a kink in it we will just get a hammer and bang it back out freedom and power thru human will can never be harnessed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join