It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Troops to train with US troops at Fort Carson, Colorado May 24, 2012. NO HOAX

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
THIS IS NOT A HOAX. Russian troops will train with US soldiers and learn US military tactics For the first time in history at Fort Carson, Colorado from May 24 through the 31st.

Russian troops will even have access to US military weapons ahead of the official exercises!
WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT.

It's worth noting the Russians will have access to U.S. military weapons training at the Army's Fort Carson — "Home of America's Best" — ahead of the scheduled May 24-31 drills. They'll also be trained to understand and operate hardware used by U.S. forces in airborne missions including "parachuting, operation planning, reconnaissance, assault operations and evacuations by helicopter.

Russian troops at Ft. Carson

MOSCOW - Russian and American airborne forces will conduct joint counter-terrorism exercises in Colorado next month. This will be the first time Russian service members will be invited into the United States for a joint drill.

source

I'm sure it's coincidental they chose a Colorado Army base to conduct this historic and unprecedented drill, considering the movie Red Dawn was based in Colorado...

Purely coincidental we’re sure, the location Russian airborne forces will participate in a joint military exercise with U.S. Special Forces in May, Ft. Carson Colorado. The joint training exercise the first time in American history armed Russian troops will be on American soil; Russian troops trained to use U.S. military weapons. The fictionalized setting for the 1984 film Red Dawn, Calumet Colorado. The joint Russian troops, U.S. Special Forces anti-terror exercises include a ‘tactical landing operation and “terrorist” camp raid’.

source

This is also scary because Russia and China are currently conducting naval war games and China is mad at the US for conducting war games in the Philippines.

Russia is currently working with China in a joint naval drill in the Yellow Sea.

(CBS News) PUERTO PRINCESA, Philippines - Defying Beijing's warning, the Philippines and the United States held military drills this week in the island of Palawan near the South China Sea. Close to a hundred troops from both countries took part in a mock assault of an island, supposedly occupied by members of the Abu Sayyaf, al Qaeda-linked terrorists in Southern Philippines.

China mad at US over Philippines military drills

It should also be noted that Russia isn't exactly happy about the United States's monkeying around in Libya, Syria, and Egypt, and especially not with Iran. They've all but drawn a line in the sand backing Iran if the US tries a military campaign against the Iranians.

I don't know what the heck is going on, but all these developments stink to high heaven. I hope this thread and news reaches the front page of ATS because it is important news and it's not being talked about.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What's your point?

This isn't the first time nor will it be the last time that the US has hosted Russians as part of joint exercises.

Why Colorado? Because the US has it's "Joint National Test Facility" there I suppose...

Is it simply because Russian/Foreign troops on hallowed US soil? You do realise that the US hosts many foreign forces as part of exercises every year, don't you? Or is it only OK for the US to go to other nations?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
All the articles say it's the 1st time.

It's the first time Russian service members will be invited into the United States for a joint drill.

They'll be learning US weapons tactics and using US specialized weapons.

They will also be trained to understand and operate hardware used by US forces in airborne missions.

Lets be clear, like I said initially: Russia has drawn a line in the sand over a few United States policies, most notably with Iran and Syria, and Russia is increasingly allying itself with China.

Of course the US has joint military exercises with other countries, but Russia? Unprecedented.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How is any of this "scary"? It's a joint exercise not an invasion and, just because it's where they filmed Red Dawn, does not make it an invasion. The Cold War ended quite a while ago and we consider the Russians as allies but not good allies.

I did see that Alex Jones is worked up about this so that does give me a reason to be worried. I mean, that guy never gets worked up over nothing, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I agree, its the Russians not the Soviets. They are a part of the UN security council.

I'd be more shocked if the Chi-Coms came and did exercises here vs the Ruskies.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

On a simple google of "Joint US-Russian exercises", the first link is to an article for Feb 2001.

It might be the first exercise of this particular type, but certainly isn't the first joint US-Russian exercise.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along. Keep your heads in the sand.

According to reports, the U.S. and Russian military will be engaging in an anti-terrorism exercise that will involve Russian paratroopers using U.S. weapons to “take and hold” the main facilities of the CIA and Denver International Airport in Colorado and the National Security Agency in Utah.

www.theblaze.com...

On today's Peter Boyles radio show out of Denver, 2 people have indicated they've seen Russian Tanks painted in United Nations Blue. It's here say I know, but interesting.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I guess the people at Fort Carson, Colorado will be getting a real life Red Dawn.... Go Wolverines!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You guys are probably right about it being harmless.

The date is what caught my attention. (I've been on this number thing recently I just can't stop myself.)

It's from May 24th to the 31st right? The NATO summit is May 20th and the 21st. There is some big nuclear summit in Iraq on May 23rd. The G8 summit is May 18th to the 19th. I don't know it just seems like a lot of stuff coming up.

Another thing to everyone who jumped the OP's ass..........you do know you're on a conspiracy website don't you?!? So people will discuss conspiracies.

If you want to sit around talking about how cute Justin Bieber is or some other bull# go to FB where you belong.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I was thinking the same thing.

Every time this stuff makes the news, people start screaming "doomsday!"

What? The Rooskies are coming, Lassie? Quick, to the fallout shelter!
edit on 30-4-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I forgot about this nugget. Russia and the United States aren't exactly buddies at the moment...

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
I forgot about this nugget. Russia and the United States aren't exactly buddies at the moment...

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack

www.businessinsider.com...

well considering were training with them........perhaps their support for Iran is feigned.........

Wonder what Iran thinks about them building up on their borders and then training with the US, now THERE is a conspiracy
edit on 30-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Its not the first time....and I believe they already know our tatics as well as our weapons considering our military FM's are posted all over the internet. This is for counter-terrorism...the US does not have the only problem with terrorist...its a world wide thing.

www.adn.com...

We have conducted joint excercises with almost every country in the world at one time or another. Many foriegn troops attend our military schools everyday including Russians...language schools...special ops schools...you name it...its called cooperation...oh and it works both ways...we go to thier schools...our space programs which are military run have been working together for years....and Red Dawn was a MOVIE

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Just because it's posted on a conspiracy website does not make it a conspiracy. If it was truly a conspiracy then it should hold up to close scrutiny, which in this case, it does not.

Justin Bieber? Yeah, I've seen him discussed before and do believe there's a huge conspiracy there! I mean, no one can be that cute without Satan's help!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The Russians have lots of experiences suppressing their countrymen and the USA needs this knowledge of how to dictate it's citizens. Ask the experts
I'm only kidding, everyone knows actually how free we are in this country.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So many thoughts on this.....so little time.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. We train with all sorts of foreign troops. The Russian VDV airborne is the one part of the Russian Army that are professional contract soldiers, not drafties.

It is within the realm of possibilty that we would need to do joint anti terror operation with the Russians. The radical islamists hate both of us. We did joint peacekeeping in Bosnia with them. I think the Russians have trained in the US before, but I beleive that was mostly command post type exercises or personel leadership development type stuff, not actual combat units in the country. I know we did some joint training in Europe once, and I THINK the US may have sent a small contingent to Russia once. I'll have to check. But having Red Paratroops here is pretty unpresidented and in what sounds like battalion or more strength.

On the flip side, relations with the russians, especially dealing with Iran and Syria right now are shaky at best. Odd time to be doing joint training of this type.

Outside chance I might be in Pueblo, CO at that time. Maybe I'll see some Reds in town.

Although the first thing I thought when I heard this was, "WOLVERINES".
edit on 30-4-2012 by SrWingCommander because: clarification

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ummmm...... OK "What if" lets say the Russian troops could be some sort of a false flag. Lets say during the "Exorcise" some or all of the Russian troops are killed or there is another "al-Qaeda" sympathizer in the ranks. After all some one dosnt fight the US and wins they get someone else to do it.

Enough with the paranoia.

The US hosts troops from around the world for months at a time its not the first wont be the last. Iv trained with German, Australian and and and Iraqi troops all on US soil and the world didnt end

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Hey I looked like that when I was younger......not sure wth happened guess I got old.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

@ 5:20

"The idea of Command-HQ war-game is extremely simple. One imaginary country Badaria has Territorial claims to also imaginary country Atropia. Peaceful means didn't succeed to resolve the conflict. UN sends a joint Russian-American Brigade, which must establish an order in the region."

Now lets suppose for a second that in a Red Dawn type scenario, trained troops infiltrated Ft. Carson. They are already trained to operate seized Tanks, military weapons and hardware. Then they plan an assault using said equipment. Would you be able to tell the difference between Russian troops and American Troops if both are using US hardware and equipment?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-4-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Of course the US has joint military exercises with other countries, but Russia? Unprecedented.

It isn't. Go back to 1995!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The US along with NATO have been exercising with the Russians since the 1990s onwards.

'Russian-U.S. naval anti-terror exercises begin in Pacific'

en.rian.ru...

www.fas.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join