It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Wallpaper Competition

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh the joy of spending a Saturday night in. Here's something I was playing around with and it came in at a whopping 399.9kb. Fantastic.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Irma]

LL1

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Now that is Hot 2 Death!
I really like that! It has designer flare...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Really nicely done Irma! :up" I can't imagine how long it took you to type all those names into your editing program. Wow...

[Edited on 2-10-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
I like that! You must be a NY'er...
"da club".... NY'er...

Have to say this, I asked some NY middle school kids one
day what does D.C. stand for?
Know what I got?

"da capital"... and that's da truth! Honest!
That's what da capital gets for da education cuts!
i like da wallpaper really!

thank you so much...

also...

NIIICE work irma!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Since my husband is not a registered ATS'er can I submit something that he creates for this competition? It will be 100% his original art.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sure why not.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Cheers people, thank you. The names are the most frequent posters on ATS, so if you've posted more than 100 times (I think) and you ain't banned you're on the wallpaper. It did take rather longer than I'd originally anticipated. Again, cheers.

Edited coz I carnt spel

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Irma]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
HAh yours wallpaper is indeed hott!! I found my name. WE have one heck of a competition goin dont we

LL1

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
...why not besides earning points to the winner of the wallpaper competiton, let SO, (or business partners) who is already in Manhattan, make a deal with a record label for the design of the winner to be carried as their CD insert? Music appropriate to design that is.
This way someone (winner or ATS) can earn royalties on the CD's sold.
Besides it would make for a terrific marketing campaign for ATS.
just a thought...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
...why not besides earning points to the winner of the wallpaper competiton, let SO, (or business partners) who is already in Manhattan, make a deal with a record label for the design of the winner to be carried as their CD insert? Music appropriate to design that is.
This way someone (winner or ATS) can earn royalties on the CD's sold.
Besides it would make for a terrific marketing campaign for ATS.
just a thought...

because Simon owns everything on ATS, therefore he would get paid the royalties.

the creator of the wallpaper no longer "owns" the image once they post it here. refer to the terms of use for a full explanation.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
LL1...That would be a superb idea. Trouble is, from my limited experience in this kind of thing, there are a couple of problems....
1...The cost to ATS to print up 1000?/10000? CD inserts and to then pay the record company for the 'advertising' would be astronomical (assuming there isn't an ATS Swiss bank account holding millions)
2...Royalties would not be paid to the Wallpaper submitter as Bobbo said mainly because the artwork hasn't been commisioned by ATS or the Music Artist.
3....What musician would give up a portion of his/hers hard earned royalties to pay a third party advertiser??

It'd be good if they did though!!

LL1

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
... you sell it directly to the label for yourself for a one time deal like the lyrics of a song, then you get paid one time.

If you sign it over for royalties then each CD gets what $1.00 a CD, I believe Aerosmith are the only artists that receive $2.00+ a CD, I think Nelly may get $2.00, so perhaps Aerosmith receives more. Go for % per CD, Gold is 600,000 units, Platinum 1,000,000 units.

Then perhaps you can make a deal with SO... if you do the politicing with the label and earn the deal.

But i strongly suggest you give labels nothing unless it is copywritten(music/artwork), which you can do for yourself:
Copyright Office
Library of Congress
Wash., DC 20559
1-202-707-9100 (24/7 ask for written/image/lyric)
wish i had the abilty that you guys have, really great work!

[edit on 3-10-2004 by LL1]

LL1

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
ATS has legal rights to eveything....

ATS has established it self online, now if they used their online status
and gave the winner besides points a CD insert exposure, it would be
good not only for the designer but ATS as well....
You would both win! Designer now has exposure to future deals!

MTV... VH1... ATS...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
not fond of the idea, sorry.

the original intention when this was thought up was to have it be solely a wallpaper competition.

plaster it on computers at school, work, etc. if we mass market it, we'll turn in to AOL- ATS will no longer be a place of intelligent conversation, it will just be a place where people come to harrass, hit on, and piss off everyone.

anyways, the designer/creator of the wallpaper forks over any legal rights to their design once it is submitted.

Simon Says:

18.) By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant me non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in digital form, hard copy, book, magazine or other publishing medium in perpetuity. I and the staff of AboveTopSecret.com have the authority to decide to display your postings or not, at our discretion.

the legal issues behind this idea are astronomical- and if a member were to copyright their wallpaper, and then post it here, they'd be, theoretically, violating the rules of the contest.

I have a few ideas in the works, but until I hear from a mod, I'm not going to bring it up here. but something creative is in the works... you may hear of it soon!

LL1

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
it was just a thought.
When I spk of copyrighting before giving it up, I'm not meaning
for here, it was for dealing with the labels, or those
wanting to do outside work with their skills/talents.

You're right on the harassment, I would never want this site to
turn into a yahoooo....
never...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
Oh the joy of spending a Saturday night in. Here's something I was playing around with and it came in at a whopping 399.9kb. Fantastic.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Irma]

When I pick out a card to give someone I alway take the first I pick, most everything I do is by the first thing I look at, it has worked out pretty well for me. Again this is the only one I have seen and it is so good, I am going to use it, if its ok.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Blimey, Yeah, it would would be a pleasure. I'm assuming this won't break any rules??

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
Blimey, Yeah, it would would be a pleasure. I'm assuming this won't break any rules??

Naw, but its yours, Its nice to ask instead of doing.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Good stuff. Anyone got anything else they've been working on?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Okay, these are not for the competition... but a nice member gave me some inspiration... Preview... Downloads: 800x600 . 1024x768 . 1280x1024

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join