It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF denied bailout funds by Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

IMF denied bailout funds by Canada

www.lfpress.com

TORONTO - Federal Finance Minister Jim Flaherty dropped the n-word last week and taxpayers across Canada should be glad he did.

The forum was an International Monetary Fund (IMF) meeting in New York. Its members had just tried, for the second time in eight weeks, to hit up Canada for a loan of, well, let's just say it was something in the order of a lazy $7 billion or so.

They had. He just said `no.'
he put Canada at odds with almost the entire membership of the G20. All members (bar the US) b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Until nations like Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain - to name just a few - take their fiscal settings off stupid and cease spending like drunken matelots, reduce their borrowings, trim inflated civil services and generally behave like grown-ups instead of spoilt children, Canada will deny the bailout funds everyone knows will just go into more profligate spending.

This is AWESOME!!!!!
A big step foward after oh so many steps backwards.

Most likely Harper will try to fire him some way or another but it's still a step foward.
Hopefully this makes the rounds in the canadian media and hopefully even the U.S.

Put simply, more debt does not solve a debt problem. Anyone in small business knows that.

Amazing that this was said, i'm almost speechless

Great news!!!!!

Congratulations Canada.... For now!

www.lfpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The UK coughed up another £10billion no problem at all. BBC

Amazing aint it, they tell us there is no money for this or that but when the bankers want anything they get it.

I'm not expecting to see any of it back again.

Well done Canada for giving them the bird.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
will this start a trend? Staying tuned. thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wow! I wish our government would heed to those words! Who'd a thunk it? You can't spend your way out of debt? Preposterous!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Aha moment.

It's all a giant Ponzi Scheme!

And it only keeps working if people put money into the IMF.
Canada is about to make this house of cards take a tumble. Especially if more nations follow suit.
Thanks Canada for bringing about the beginning of the ends.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I made a thread on this announcement yesterday;

Canada right to deny IMF

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I know this may sound off topic a bit but Libya soon will be getting IMF funds.
Back on topic i am glad that this happened, i wonder is Harper going to fire them?

edit on 30-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

While I agree with Flaherty's comments about debt not solving problems, its kind of ironic considering the new report showing he has been lying to the Canadian public for years about the 110+ billion Canadian banks took in bailout funds, while saying they received none.

www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2012/04/30/bank-bailout-ccpa.html

www.policyalternatives.ca...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good to hear about this, it's nice to see Canada taking a stand against the IMF and their cronies. I imagine the usual pathetic left wing MSM "NEWS" agencies like the CBC will find some way to spin it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

You could read it for yourself, maybe.

Watch out for cooties, though.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

it is truly amazing that our great government finally found some form of parts .then to the combined debt of Canada and all of it`s cities and provinces is into the mega billions at this point in time due to our governments blowing away cash that we don`t have to spend ,but as you said 8 weeks ago they denied this request ,funny thing is that about this point in time certain money houses put Ontario on the downgraded list as basically a bad debt province and added more money into the banks pockets -DOES THE WORDS SQUEEZE PLAY mean anything to you ,or do as we ask or is it tell or pay our price BLOOD MONEY.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
While I condone Flaherty's position on denying the IMF more funds for Eurpean bailouts, I think this is in preperation for our own meltdown here in Canada.

The Canadian Gov't has skillfully hidden amongst public view (because of it's draconian media muzzling rules) the massive bailout of our own banks years ago. (as mentioned in the previous post)

Also, Flaherty is ready to dissasemble our one form of saving grace to prevent an economic meltdown by getting rid of Government mortgage insurance. (CMHC).

www.canadianmortgagetrends.com...

This has the potential to blow the Ponzi house of cards over.

Methinks the gov't senses a crisis about to unfold and are keeping as much money close to home before it hits the fan.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Please use this already ongoing thread, Canada right to deny IMF thank you.

Thread closed.
Sauron
Super-Mod

top topics

join