It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ron Paul question..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
reply to post by DrNotforhire

You see how wild conjecture can screw up thinking critically?

RP doesn't respond to threats. You can bet he's had his fair share of them.

edit on 30-4-2012 by fourthmeal because: removed a word

WHAT kind of crap is that??? How do you know he doesnt respond to threats? We know his son does.. (after the little TSA scandal) and you know what they say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree...

Ron Paul is NOT chuck Norris....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
this is a Trick question

Ron Paul is just like Ross Perot ( look at the initials)

he was paid by the CIA to run so Obama would stay in the white house...

Ron Paul is just a vote splitter

Let me approach that from a different tack - why on earth would the CIA even bother, since Romney effectively IS Obama, with all-too-many of the same big banker handlers/controllers, the same foreign policies, the lack of understanding on presidential authority, and swelling government expense?

"They" have no reason to care whether it's Romney or whether it's Obama, since everything keeps going their way. "Oh, but Romney's going to grant Obamacare waivers!" Really...I must have missed the training session where we learned that presidents can do any such thing - or that Romney's consistent on his promises, especially when put to the screws.

Do I doubt that the CIA puts their hand in things to their own benefit? Of course not. Do I think Paul or Perot have anything to do with it, playing the role of vote-splitters? Of course not - to do so only endangers their own goals since as long as it's not Perot or Paul, they win either way.

Perot and Paul are/were both several times better than those they were running again - I still remember Perot's warnings back when he was running, and had we listened to him on a good many topics, we wouldn't be in near as much mess as we are today.

This claim is a pipe dream of no substance when reviewed realistically. If you want to cast it in a somewhat-realistic light, do so from the angle the the Pauls and Perots continue to give people hope in the validity or potential fixing of a corrupted system - not that Romney's much more than a hair's-width better than Obama, or less helpful to the CIA.

Whillickers...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

its easy because Obama controls the CIA and Obama wants to win... POWER CORRUPTS, Obama wants to keep it and gather more... Romney is a TRUE threat right now... I'm not going into semantics saying they are same because they are not...

Ron Paul is going to split the vote and it will keep Obama in the white house... that's the worst thing that could happen.. RP will not win...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

*chuckle* I don't need to add anything else here, since you seem to think the president actually controls the CIA. I think you've got things just a LITTLE bit backwards there, and as long as no one offers any direct challenge to the CIA (and other various internal/external shadow structures), they could care less.

And in this race, Paul's the only one doing much along those lines. Consider the excitement and crowds that Paul engenders - then compare to Romney's lukewarm (at best) reception anywhere he goes.

THEN tell me who's a pawn trying to keep others out of the White House, and why the media has been so happy to play ball and actively downplay/attack/ignore/ridicule Ron Paul throughout the entire race, while constantly propping Romney up as the inevitable and only/worthy choice.

Seems to me the CIA's pick would get more support from the partially-CIA-controlled media - and Paul does NOT get that love.

CIA's working against Romney...that's priceless...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You see how wild conjecture can screw up thinking critically?

RP doesn't respond to threats. You can bet he's had his fair share of them.

edit on 30-4-2012 by fourthmeal because: removed a word

WHAT kind of crap is that??? How do you know he doesnt respond to threats? We know his son does.. (after the little TSA scandal) and you know what they say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree...

Ron Paul is NOT chuck Norris....

Maybe not but he doesn't respond to threats. You don't go around trying to take down the FED, take out the IRS, and cut the very supply line the Elite use to afford this constant barrage without taking flak for it.

Now look what you've done dude. You've pretty much trashed this thread. It had dick to do with what you brought up.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Not Really... Read between the lines... Your question... was a trick question

Trust me, I dream every night of the day where Romney goes "RP is going to be my VP nominee" that would secure the presidency up for sure...

But it won't happen because of the conspiracy thats going on!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Depends on how Mitt's hair looks like in a few months

Obama Vs. Romney is not an option though

I like Giorgio A. Tsoukalos's hair better. Giorgio Tsoukalos for Prez!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You are saying that the CIA paid Ron Paul to run?

What the hell are you smoking?

this is a Trick question

edit on 30-4-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

HahAhaHaHAHAHAHA...

Ron Paul IS NOT CIA. Why would you put someone in power who wants to make your job not exist??

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
this is like asking if superman would be batmans sidekick. Just because batman has better hair. But superman can kick batmans ass

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

this is a Trick question

edit on 30-4-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

Plus, he gets to sell more Newsletters for his retirement by marketing his Brand this whole time parading around as if he could be President. They will eat it up like candy and keep him well cared for in his golden years, which are only a few months away.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

see I originally thought RP was just trying to make the way for his son (who I would vote for in a heartbeat mind you)...

But I'm looking at this... Ron is too old, whats his motive? What's his agenda, why does he even care about the state of the country in his age... he will be gone before we lose it anyways...

My parents basically said "I'm too old to worry about things like this, I'll be gone in 20 years"

where's that mentality with Ron? It doesn't seem to be there...

It raises a red flag

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by TinfoilTP

"I'm too old to worry about things like this, I'll be gone in 20 years"

It's this kind of thinking that is causing society to deteriorate. I could be wrong, but Dr. Paul strikes me as an honest person who does care about the legacy and conditions of the country even after the is gone. While it's possible that he is not sincere, I believe he is truthful.
edit on 4/30/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I wish I could believe that... I just sense something off about him... The foreign policy he describes is absolutely insane and would leave us WIDE open to attacks...

His financial policy is super sound....

I understand hes sort of a true libertarian... and I respect that... It's hard to believe someone when you are swimming in a sea of lies... Especially at face value you know?

I wish Ron Paul would team up with Romney, then there'd be no doubt in my mind we'd have an awesome administration...

Think about how balanced that would be!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Not me. I have come to learn that it doesn't really matter whom you vote for. There are politians that just make it seem like we as a people have an option. It doesn't matter who you vote for. If someone gets voted in that goes against what whoever the real power is then we end up with assassinations. It's all a joke but my vote would not go with him.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I large fear of people who live that long is being left to the care of some shody elderly home when you cannot walk or toilet on your own. Who wouldnt dream of having a fleet of doctors and nurses attending your care at the end? To do that you need money, either saved up or a continuous income flowing in. He has advertised his Brand well, and has nothing to worry about because of it. Motive enough for anyone to play a part on the stage of politics.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I wish I could believe that... I just sense something off about him... The foreign policy he describes is absolutely insane and would leave us WIDE open to attacks...

His financial policy is super sound....

I understand hes sort of a true libertarian... and I respect that... It's hard to believe someone when you are swimming in a sea of lies... Especially at face value you know?

I wish Ron Paul would team up with Romney, then there'd be no doubt in my mind we'd have an awesome administration...

Think about how balanced that would be!

If you like coming up with Sit-com themes, sure.

A pandering flip-flop and a guy with integrity and a genuine will.

Sounds better than Hitler and Cosby (thanks "Who's Line is it Anyway")

You really need to get grounded on the truth about other countries. Leaving wide open for attack? Hmmm..no.
Think about it, we stop meddling in other people's stuff, and they soon leave us alone too. Do you understand that it is our government that has instituted several dictatorships in the name of "democracy"? This is 100% true. The more we meddle, the more money spent for nothing other than pissing other people off. Keep out of other people's business, handle actions through diplomacy, and have it known that thanks to the fact that the 2nd Amendment exists, the general public will handily defend against ALL enemies, foreign OR domestic.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think his foreign policy would work- leave people alone but if you go in, go in to win.
I'd not screw with someone like that myself.

I agree that Romney=Obama. No one who wants to preserve the status quo would care enough to try to split the vote when the candidates are the same.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't believe we'll have to worry about that. Romney will never be President for one thing. President Paul will only let Romney have a position in his administration if he remains consistent and flip-flops as usual though!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Doc - you're basically criticizing a guy for refusing to give up. To a lot of us this is honorable.

For all of the important stuff Obamney and Romna are the same guy. Or whatever. They disagree on wedge issues, they disagree on how many fantasy future dollars we should choose not to spend, they disagree on taxes. What we seem to ignore is that they won't even talk about some of the issues that Ron Paul will. The parameters of the accepted political and philosophical discussion have been pressed so close together that we won't even entertain the idea that some answers may lie outside those boundaries.

Whatever the case, the world is bad and getting worse. I can't say for sure that Ron Paul could or would change it for the better, but I really believe he would try. I'm willing to take a shot at a different, better future.

And OP, I'm sorry this thread was so swervy. If I HAD to answer your question I'd still dodge it by saying that I could accept Ron Paul as President with Mitt Romney serving as V.P.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join