It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the ATS military supporters?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

America could never be invaded sounds kind of like...

The world is flat

Everything revolves around the Earth

A black man will never be president

ANYWAY so what you are saying isssssss no military? Since obviously we shouldn't be used for what we are right now, and supposedly we could never be invaded by an enemy...no military at all?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
One of two thoughts upon joining the military...
"I know the awful things the government has the military do and I want to answer to them unquestionably."
That makes you evil.
"I want to serve/protect my country so I'm going to join a group I know nothing about to answer to a governmen I haven't researched unquestionable"
You chose to answer to these people. It's your responsibility to know what you're agreeing to.

For example, if I sign a contract that uses some legal jargon I don't know, and I don't look up said jargon and somehow put the term in to use and end up committing fraud, I am liable.

Read some plato, or some philosophies on responsibility.

And think about how ridiculous this statement sounds.
"I support hitler, but I don't support what he does."
Worse yet,
"We only work in the concentration camps to feed our families."
One more.
"The s.s. has great benefits. They gave me health insurance and paid for college...this is good for the jews that hitler took the money from to pay us."

I do have one type of soldier I support, exampled here
This, to me, is the only honorable way to do this. He managed to do his job despite the # coming frm the emeny and the government.
edit on 5/2/2012 by Adlai because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

America could never be invaded sounds kind of like...

The world is flat

Everything revolves around the Earth

A black man will never be president

ANYWAY so what you are saying isssssss no military? Since obviously we shouldn't be used for what we are right now, and supposedly we could never be invaded by an enemy...no military at all?

The purpose of Government is to uphold our liberties and rights that were endowed upon us by God and to protect our borders - of which it is does neither. Do we need a military? Absolutely. But it should be fighting the war on our border where a blood thirsty drug cartel grows more vicious every day. As it is, the military is busy playing world police half way across the globe fighting a "war on terror" while the average citizen has a better chance of being killed by a honey bee than an actual "terrorist". All of this while our borders are wide open and people throw blind support behind illegal and unconstitutional military action waged at the will of corrupt politians that care more about Israel than America because... well you're not "patriotic" if you don't. And then people wonder why the world hates us. Does this seem logical to you?

We do not however need the military on our streets to protect us. It is the job of the people and those we elect to enforce our law to protect themselves. It is not your job to play police man here at home or across the world. It is not my job to blindly support war in the name of "patriotism". And to all you people that scream "support the troops" blindly, why don't you help those that came home and need help? Why don't you speak up and get them the hell out of these wars? You want to support the troops? It means more than slapping a bumper sticker on your car or waving an American flag. Go out and volunteer at the VA if you want to support the troops. Tell these people to bring our troops home and have them fight the "war on drugs" that created these criminals on our border. But see no that takes actual commitment. Let's just sing the national anthem and pretend.

Patriotism isn't real. If you love your country stop blindly following the sheep off the cliff.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by youdidntseeme

The military crowd doesn't have to be loud, in order to be heard, little brother.

It's not the volume or quantity that matters.

It's the quality that counts.

Well said Beezzer! Very wise thoughts.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

Originally posted by Jameela
wonderful, another one eager to kill rape steal and destroy... all I can say is, welcome to the party.. inshallah you will get whatever you deserve out of it...kind of a you get whatever you put into it kinda thing...

edit on 30-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

I have been active duty Army for 7 years and have never raped or stolen. The only ones I've personally 'destroyed' were actively trying to harm me.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Let us follow your logic properly;

A foreign military force, invading a sovereign nation only "destroyed" those people who fought against such a foreign occupation. (but all the civilian casualties are neither here nor there, they do not count.. deaths not caused by you! because they are civilians right?) Forget the control of the sovereign nation after you kill the leaders and the people, or the control of resources too, these things don't count either. All you did was help! By killing those who were actively trying to harm you...

Therefore, when your country (USA) is invaded by foreign occupiers; Remember, to fight against this is wrong... you cannot actively try to harm anyone who invades your country, make your children orphans or murder the mothers. (and all that raping of your women... did not happen!) Just remember, be calm and happy that your country was invaded, and a foreign nation is now going to tell you how to live your life.

Smile, you have a new government... no job to go to, because the foreign nation bombed it, but please... they are only HELPING YOU

Do not be afraid, do not try to take up weapons or the foreign occupiers of your land, they have every right to kill you if you do... because you were trying to actively harm them!

Your right, I am ignorant of what I speak.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You are.. simply because you have no real life experience, or knowledge for that matter, other than Alex Jones or CNN. Even though the conflicts being fought in the middle east are for the wrong reasons, someone will fight them.. wether it's me, you, your uncle, father, ANYBODY.

Don't sit at your computer chair typing a bunch of crap since you know very well that all nations on this mud ball are in it for their own good. Every nation has national interests and foreign policies.. difference is you don't bitch about other nations policies because they're not on top. By the way, raping and pillaging are scenarios that are very few and far in between. They do happen, however, not as much as you want it too.. very isolated events occur during war and is incredibly wrong so please.. show me how other countries military is ANY different when they invade other countries.

You should make a correction to your statements so they fit the bill.. like how about "war for all nations is wrong" instead of "the U.S. wars are wrong". Or maybe I'm just picking up on a little bit of anti-American sentiment?
edit on 2-5-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Just another internet warrior; try not to be too offended. I'm sure he's too busy studying for finals to have a real-life discussion of the world and how it really works. I'm also sure he's totally stoked about summer vacation; try not to be too tough on him, I'm sure he'll work hard at trying to find a job over summer break.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

You are.. simply because you have no real life experience, or knowledge for that matter, other than Alex Jones or CNN. Even though the conflicts being fought in the middle east are for the wrong reasons, someone will fight them.. wether it's me, you, your uncle, father, ANYBODY.

Don't sit at your computer chair typing a bunch of crap since you know very well that all nations on this mud ball are in it for their own good. Every nation has national interests and foreign policies.. difference is you don't bitch about other nations policies because they're not on top. By the way, raping and pillaging are scenarios that are very few and far in between. They do happen, however, not as much as you want it too.. very isolated events occur during war and is incredibly wrong so please.. show me how other countries military is ANY different when they invade other countries.

You should make a correction to your statements so they fit the bill.. like how about "war for all nations is wrong" instead of "the U.S. wars are wrong". Or maybe I'm just picking up on a little bit of anti-American sentiment?

I love this mentality. If you're not for endless war and conflict first you get made fun of, then you get the Alex Jones strawman, and then to top it off you get called anti american. How dare any american want peace?! WAR! WAR! WAR! BROWN PEOPLE! WAR! ...or you're just anti american. OR WORSE! You don't support the troops!

Common sense ----> window

I support the troops because I put a bumper sticker on my car. It means I support the troops. Yes I know some are living on the street and others don't get taken care of at the VA. But I support the troops! See look at the bumper sticker. Brown people did it. Shhh the tv is talking to me! ...TV ....my ....preci--ous....*drools*

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Oh don't worry, he is just ignorant of the fact I am one of those brown people he wants to kill...and my family.. and my friends..

But I am ignorant of what is going on in the world

Never know who your talking to when online huh?

As my good brother said

We shall give our life if that is what it takes to rid of the scum. You are our women, and Izzat / Honor is the biggest thing that you have as a Women. We shall defend this honor. There you go Mister America, This is the True Women, a Fathers Daughter of the Middle East, Arab, Persia, Asia, and Mediterranean

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
As you can see from this thread, we're here. Being an Air Force brat, and with other family members who've served in our nations military branches going back before we came to America (...and that's before there was a United States), the military has impacted my life substantially. All my great grandfathers served, both my grandfathers, all my uncles, most of my cousins, all my sibs; and family going back even further.

How can I not support? I may have issues with the reasons, so to do the soldiers and sailors serving. None of them want to be in combat, or in areas that may see combat, unless they're insane. They'd, in my experiance as a life long civilian, much rather be with their families...training for what they fervently hope/pray never happens. But most unfortunately, it does happen, is happening, and will happen. They go off to war. ...and that is a horrible thing.

They don't make the decisions. They, for the most part, honor their sworn word and go. They do their duties to the best of their abilities, and some don't come back, some do come back but not whole.

I've seen the scars. Heard the nightmares. Held them when they're back somewhere that they'd give everything they own to never see again... How can I not support? My father is a WWII veteran. A Korean war veteran. A Vietnam war veteran. One of an ever shrinking number. His nightmares, and PTSD, are horrific when they hit. My youngest sister saw some sort of combat during a deployment to the Mediterranean back in the '80's. She doesn't talk about it, but I've heard the nightmares. My little brother saw combat during two tours in Iraq... How can I not support?

All my Uncles saw combat either in WWII, Korea, or Vietnam. The marks are/were there, too. The sudden stalls in conversation when a friends face, who is no longer there, flashes across the memories. How can I not support?

Friends of mine that I've known since forever have served, and seen combat in various places. Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia...and some other places that I can't say, because they'd get in trouble. I've been fortunate in that they've all returned home. Maybe not entirely whole, but alive. How can I not support?

As you can see, I've many a reason for supporting the men, and women in the uniforms of my nations military. Blood. Friendship. Even though, in the main, I don't agree with the reasons, though at one point I did, for their being in the various places they are in, and doing some of the things they're doing. They aren't the ones who put them there.

Save your anger/hatred for the one's who put them there, and are keeping them there. ...and just, bye the bye, save some of that anger for yourselves. After all, who put those politicians we so despise in office? Those self same politicians who put our friends and families in harms way, who voted them into office? Who can't be bothered to practice the oversight that citizenship demands? Then have the unmitigated gall to complain about it?

That would be you. That would be me. US!!

OP? Stay safe, and may God see you home safely, and all the others so far from home, and hearth.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I love this mentality. If you're not for endless war and conflict first you get made fun of, then you get the Alex Jones strawman, and then to top it off you get called anti american. How dare any american want peace?! WAR! WAR! WAR! BROWN PEOPLE! WAR! ...or you're just anti american. OR WORSE! You don't support the troops!

You obviously have selective reading.. because I never wrote any of what you are accusing me of inferring in this thread. You want to join the Army/Navy/Marines w/e be my guest.. at least you are widening your world of knowledge by gaining first hand experience unlike most anti's flooding into this thread. Where else do you get your info from?? You taking special visits to the pentagon?

reply to post by Jameela

Oh don't worry, he is just ignorant of the fact I am one of those brown people he wants to kill...and my family.. and my friends..

But I am ignorant of what is going on in the world

Oh.. so because you are a muslim you are the SME of what's right and wrong? Sorry.. but muslims are, by far, the innocent lambs. It is a fact that muslim countries teach children at a young age to hate American influence.. so it makes sense now why you have such harsh feelings towards my views.. "Anyone who is not muslim is the infadel". Realize your own cultures flaws before you attack mine.

BTW: I don't "want" to kill anyone.. I will say though some of those precious muslims had no hesitation decapitating an unarmed American's head because of his nationality though.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So I ask, ATS members, where are the supporters. Let your voice be heard.

HOOAH Army 91-97 here
92A, 94B, served up at Ft Wainwright AK and with the first Cav in Ft Hood TX Garry Owen!
I remember a saying years ago, "Outstanding soldiers dont always stand out" which is why you hear more momma's basement lurkers flapping their pieholes here more then servicefolk, we dont need to say anything, 'Silence speaks volumes'.

When you get to basic, if a DI asks for volunteers, JUMP!
Stay away from the sweet stuff in the mess hall, and STAY AWAY from MRE cheese, it will lock up your bowels for weeks!
Good luck, keep your nose to the ground, dont make waves and you'll do good, dont let the DI's get to know your name.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

I do not understand sme? I googled it and came up with small and medium business enterprise.. I do not understand the correlation or why you would think I was believing myself to be a small and/or medium business enterprise? Could you please explain.

My religion, my culture, is my own. Just because you beg to differ with my beliefs, just because you do not like my culture, gives no one the right to come to my countries and invade them. It gives you no right to overthrow democratic governments to install your dictators friendly to your American corporations interests, it gives you no right to do anything in my countries.

Why not mind your own business when you have hungry and homeless children in your own country, when you have police brutality in your own country, when you have problems in your own country?

Why not take care of your own business and leave our countries alone? All you are doing is feeding corporate interests, your not helping us, your helping billionaires become richer, which is not doing anything for anyone...

Someday you will regret all this, if you do not stop. Someday you will mess with the wrong people.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is a 2000+ year old holy war based on 3 books that, while all preach peace, have done nothing but cause violence since their inception. Religion at it's very core is the devil. That's the big deception. But see people are too simple to seperate the church from God, religion from heaven, man made scripture from the stars. So what we have here is a bunch of oil tycoons, bankers, billionaires with too much influence, corrupt politians, self righteous "holy" men and racists creating false reality for people in the United States that have had everything our founding fathers bled for stolen from them to the point that we cling to any bit of garbage that comes out of Uncle Sam's mouth. No matter how many valid points you make or how many links to valid research you present, nobody in this thread is going to listen to a word you have to say. Why?

Land of the free home of the brave. It's a beautiful concept. One that did work at one time. But as George Carlin would say "It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." now. And see that's the point. The people that run around saying they support the troops all day want nothing more than to fit in with the rest of the drooling idiots. It's not about really helping the troops though is it? If it was you'd be at the VA right now volunteering your time instead of talking to me on this website. But see it makes you feel a false sense of patriotism to sit there and defend the actions of the people in charge of this country. Let's see if we can throw more bumper stickers on our car than the next guy! That will make me feel real American!

So what do we have now? We have a wide open border with a blood thirsty drug cartel doing whatever the hell it wants. We have no jobs because it's legal to ship them overseas and pay some Asian a dollar a day (slave labor) to do the same job. You have people like the poster above that doesn't give a damn about this country but is given free education and will more than likely leave the moment he graduates... but if you're born here? Nothing. The prisoners are treated better than you - atleast they get real free healthcare. Ah yes, the prisoners. We have the highest prison population in the world and who owns these cages? The same people that dictate to our military which sovereign nation to pillage next. I mean atleast the Roman Empire had the common sense to keep the country after they drained it of all it's resources. We just give it back and install some dictator that we'll have to go fight again in about 20 years - endless cycle much? And what does the average American do about this?

TELEVISION AND BUMPER STICKERS! HOT DOGS AND FIREWORKS!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by 31Bravo

I do not understand sme? I googled it and came up with small and medium business enterprise.. I do not understand the correlation or why you would think I was believing myself to be a small and/or medium business enterprise? Could you please explain.

subject matter expert.

My religion, my culture, is my own. Just because you beg to differ with my beliefs, just because you do not like my culture, gives no one the right to come to my countries and invade them. It gives you no right to overthrow democratic governments to install your dictators friendly to your American corporations interests, it gives you no right to do anything in my countries.

Why not mind your own business when you have hungry and homeless children in your own country, when you have police brutality in your own country, when you have problems in your own country?

Why not take care of your own business and leave our countries alone? All you are doing is feeding corporate interests, your not helping us, your helping billionaires become richer, which is not doing anything for anyone...

Someday you will regret all this, if you do not stop. Someday you will mess with the wrong people.

We didn't invade your country because of your beliefs bud.. we invaded it simply for oil control. I think the political leaders of the U.S. could care less about your beliefs. A government coup, in reality, isn't to install a democratic government.. it's to install a leader of some sort that will give us better control over the oil your country sits on.

Wrong people as in who? Iran? Taliban? Al Queda? North Korea? Pakistan? I would love it for America to pull out of the middle east. As it has been said before in this thread, to which I have agreed, we (Americans) unfortunately are in this because of foreign policy and national interests. Truly a sad story.

Tell me though.. if the shoe was on the other foot, in other words, if your country had the power and the U.S. did not.. you're telling me the Middle East wouldn't be the ones invading other countries for there national/foreign/religious agendas? Exactly. This goes for ANY member that says the U.S. is soooo evil.. got news for you, but whatever country you sit in has selfish agendas like everyone else.. it's what makes you human. Doesn't make it right, but it's what makes you human.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And how is this the military's fault?
Have you thought through what a conflict it would cause to attack those cartels? How the hell else would you stop them?
You protest the MILITARY on this thread not the government.We are service men not politicians. WE DO refuse illegal orders,I have.You are complaining about our validity here.
What do you want>Just disarm the country and let fate take it's course....no? Are you going to do it? Well then we're back to us then aren't we,warriors who stand for people (instead of those who can't or won't fight) and catching crap for it because you don't like the ethos of the government. Apparently most people under the age of 20 don't know history.So this sort of idea makes sense to them. War bad,soldier evil, bulls##t nothing more. Then you stop wars before we are called to fight them,geniuses.And good luck finding that answer.Until then warriors will exist.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Bravo cavtrooper!
Most do not realize that many good willed service members have refused unlawful orders.. to the ignorant, if you are a part of the military you are responsible for the crime someone else committs. As if the U.S. is the only country that has 1 or 2 bad apples in the military

Imagine if N. Korea, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, or Pakistan were to invade the U.S. they would do the same things, probably on a bigger scale because we are the 'infadels' and we should be punished not to mention they aren't under the microscope like the U.S. is in every news stations around. Hypocrites.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

And how is this the military's fault?
Have you thought through what a conflict it would cause to attack those cartels? How the hell else would you stop them?
You protest the MILITARY on this thread not the government.We are service men not politicians. WE DO refuse illegal orders,I have.You are complaining about our validity here.
What do you want>Just disarm the country and let fate take it's course....no? Are you going to do it? Well then we're back to us then aren't we,warriors who stand for people (instead of those who can't or won't fight) and catching crap for it because you don't like the ethos of the government. Apparently most people under the age of 20 don't know history.So this sort of idea makes sense to them. War bad,soldier evil, bulls##t nothing more. Then you stop wars before we are called to fight them,geniuses.And good luck finding that answer.Until then warriors will exist.

I have not once in this thread blamed soldiers for the actions of our Government. I'm talking about the people that blindly support the endless war in the middle east and the people that say they support the troops but at the end of the day they really don't. So let me just make myself perfectly clear for the record: I do not protest the military. I protest the war. I protest the worship of Israel and the people that want to play politian in my country while they openly hold alliegence to another. I protest the blind support of military action while we have more important problems to solve here at home. I support the troops because I protest this war.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Amen.

As you so rightly said, it's the duty and obligation of soldiers to disobey, or refuse, unlawful orders. Even I, as a lifelong civilian with only half a clue, knows that.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I would like to personally thank everyone who has participated in this thread.

Former and active military members, I honor all that you do and am tremendously thankful for your service.

Civilians who support the members of our military in their labors, I thank you as well, your support does not go unnoticed.

To those protesting, or otherwise letting your voice be heard here, who may not be supportive, thank you as well for taking the time to explain to us your reasoning. I respect your opinions, even if I do not agree or share them.

I started this thread, as was explained in the OP, because it seems that their is a particular climate here on ATS that is a bit on the anti-military side of the coin. I now see that both sides are represented. Thank you all so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join