It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran To Make New Documentory Of Battle Of Fallujah.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So, it looks like a new documentory about Operation Phantom Fury is in the works. I am a veteran of this battle so I am excited to see how it turns out. I am looking for any footage I may have to send in. It was a very dangerous and horrible battle to experience and I hope this will help others who have strggled as I have.

Youtube Description

A young veteran is making a documentary about his unit, their experience in Iraq and their struggle to return to civilian life. The film will feature hours of video footage that his fellow Marines shot on their own personal cameras.

edit on 30/4/12 by usmc0311 because: Posted early accidentally

Here are some other documentories for anyone interested.

edit on 30/4/12 by usmc0311 because: added youtube videos

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Or not.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Or not.

Sorry, posted early. Ithchy trigger finger I guess today.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Or not.

Sorry, posted early. Ithchy trigger finger I guess today.

I was just jerkin' yer chain brother.

I've always been interested in the Battle of Fallujah because my old unit, the 3rd MarDiv was an integral part. I hope they do our boys proud.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Me too. There is alot of footage of my unit in the second video that I posted. Crazy times. Brings back memories, that's for sure.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I am a veteran of this battle

You a Lava Dog Brother?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You a Lava Dog Brother?

Yes sir. 0311, but I rode around in the back of those IED magnets. Both the second and third videos have footage from us. I just watched them both for the first time all the way through last night. Crazy the memories it brings back up.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You a Lava Dog Brother?

Yes sir. 0311, but I rode around in the back of those IED magnets. Both the second and third videos have footage from us. I just watched them both for the first time all the way through last night. Crazy the memories it brings back up.

I miss Hawaii. Enjoy it while you can, because K-Bay really is the best duty station in the world.
edit on 5/1/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You a Lava Dog Brother?

I miss Hawaii. Enjoy it while you can, because K-Bay really is the best duty station in the world.

By Lava I thought you meant LAVs. I was at Camp Lejeune my whole time, besides deployments and training ops. I wish I could have been stationed in Hawaii. My wish list out of SOI was Japan, Hawaii, San Diego,, and go figure they sent me to Lejeune. When I was trying to reenlist I was going to go to Hawaii but the docs decided otherwise.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You a Lava Dog Brother?

By Lava I thought you meant LAVs. I was at Camp Lejeune my whole time, besides deployments and training ops. I wish I could have been stationed in Hawaii. My wish list out of SOI was Japan, Hawaii, San Diego,, and go figure they sent me to Lejeune. When I was trying to reenlist I was going to go to Hawaii but the docs decided otherwise.

Sorry. "Lava Dog" is the name given to 3rd Mardiv Jarheads because of the sharp lava rocks that permeate the Pahakaloa Training Area on the Big Island where we did most of our training. The rocks are extremely sharp and will ruin a pair of boots in a couple of days. Forget about buffing it out, you might as well throw them away.

I did my Advanced Infantry Combat training at Camp Geiger and got my tat at Zekes, so I know where you are now.
I literally got sent to Hawaii by the luck of the draw. The loser went to 29 Stumps.
Paradise or Hell. Hmmm.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I did some CAX's out in 29 stumps. Spent two weeks doing road gaurd duty making sure no meth head scrap hunters wandered into live fire ranges out there. Two weeks fighting with coyotes over our chow since the sent us without our rifles. Got to see some cool ufos in the skies out there though and the actuall cax was pretty cool. Would not want to be stationed there permanentely though except Vegas is so close.

new topics

top topics

join