It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are [i]your[/i] theories or opinions of the origin of the universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I was listening to a song today with lyrics that said 'even the end has a start'. This got me thinking deeply and wondering why we are here!

I have been brought up as a Christian, however, the vastness of our universe does not really seem to match with Christianity. The most intriguing thing I have thought about is what triggered the creation of the universe, and what was it before? Another universe? Something different? or nothing?

I don't think we will ever learn all the answers to this question, but it would be good to read some of your opinions, ideas and theories!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have a few,
the Computer theory, a creation/evolution theory, and one of my strongest is the Annunaki thing. And that the Tree of knowledge of good and evil was actually a new genetic change to our bodies to give us intelligence. And from the beginning Reptilians have been giving man the "enlightenment" t write these books, which tell the story of our life.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
God exploded and here we are!

Crazy huh!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Johnny Apple seed. I wonder if someone will happen by someday to check on it's progress. I also like to play with the holographic universe theory. Possibly someone recreated it just to see what happened and this is just a recreation like some daytime T.V. crime show. I admit, I can't say for sure but I suspect knowing would take some of the fun out of it. It's the search that tickles my brain and keeps up late at night thinking of all the possibilities.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think that God sampled all the sounds in the universe first, and when he decided to let humans remix it he let loose with 'The Word' and the big Bang happened.

This is a simplistic approach to string theory, but God doesn't need a banjo, ukelele or sitar, let alone an air guitar to make a world.

Since light arrived second after Gods Word made the universe we can find that Light is faster than Sound, however sound might have been available before light, since light is energy being sent by electrons off of atomic matter but sound is energy resonating with atomic shock waves.

Aside from traditional Abrahamic Faiths we find that other religions tell of Sound coming first and light second. Samkhya tells us this from the Hindu faith.

I'd also like to point out the metaphor of the Tortoise and the Hare, merely because Light is faster does not mean it shall win any sort of race from the beginning of time to the end. Sound came first, perhaps since it is made from atomic vibrations that when all the entropy in the universe winks out every light the dark matter will still be resonating, though there is a slim chance no human as we know them today will be around to hear it.

I think that since sound overwhelms our understanding of the universe perhaps there is something to be said about praying in silence.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Music! Yes god, if there is one, is a DJ. Like the quote goes god gave man music so he might pray without words. After all it's all about vibrations. The first note being Ohm.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
this universe is just one segment of a much bigger whole - just as visible light is a small segment of the electro-magnetic spectrum

our universe ranges from the 6 or more Quantum Energies all the way through massive black holes...
but the matter in this universe needs to develop life at all scales, everywhere...as a natural process of transforming lifeless matter into DNA lifeforms

an anthrophomorphic deity is a silly concept, created by introspective men to satisify human emotions..
A creator force is existant, but in a scientific sense or process kind of way & not as a moral law giver imho

OH, and the universe did not suddenly spring into existance: via big bang or 'word'
material existance may wax & wane over the course of eternity but it did not suddenly appear from absolute nothingness...a universe of energies without substance or particles was the state of the eternal before this era of a matter dominated universe came into being some 14-16 billion years ago...
and so will the eternal universes return to that state -> after this observable universe of matter clumps together in a cosmos populated by 30% of all matter clumped together as massive Black Holes

then will end the era when matter can be transformed into living substance (DNA in the case of the Earth)
edit on 30-4-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here ya go, I wrote this a little while back. Took photos because it was easy, can be transcribed if needed. This is what I believe.

imgur.com...

imgur.com...

imgur.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This post sums up what I feel about the universe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And with regards to the holographic dream school, symbolized as a metaphoric TV, Big Bang is the moment Family turned the set on.

And not for the first time either, for the inanimate energies of the universe get recycled over and over and reshaped as schools in big cycles.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thanks guys! This is my first proper post and it's great to see your opinions of this matter!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I have been brought up as a Christian, however, the vastness of our universe does not really seem to match with Christianity. The most intriguing thing I have thought about is what triggered the creation of the universe, and what was it before? Another universe? Something different? or nothing?

before the universe there was nothing. the big bang was the beginning of the universe..
here is a song about the big bang theory and evolution:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Origin of the Universe? Two branes collided and thus the Big Bang. Origin of the spacetime in which branes exist? Obviously the dream of Brahma

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hello....these are my thoughts, based on logic with no pics, no proof and no way of knowing if I'm even close, lol.
What is eternal, or infinite? Something that has no end?
A circle. Or a cycle.
How does the earth manage to keep existing? Logically, it would have to go through a cycle....whereby something happens that begins the cycle of life....that eventually ends....and begins again.
Why were ancient societies SO interested/knowledgeable about the planets....alignments....solstices...precession of equinoxes...etc?
My logic says that it MEANS something important.
Perhaps over time humans really were aware of the amount of time it takes for the earth to complete her cycle?
Supposedly Dec. 21, 2012 is when the planets align themselves in a certain manner....(Hidden Hand referred to Nibiru as the incoming "change" I believe).....NOT to say that I wholly believe everything that I read, BUT....wouldn't it make sense that at some point the earth will end/cleanse/explode?? (lol) and then begin again?
(Please don't be TOO harsh on me....I am not as well educated as many on here, and yes my feelings do get hurt).
jacygirl

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

wouldn't it make sense that at some point the earth will end/cleanse/explode?? (lol) and then begin again?

eventually the earth will become impossible for humans and animals to inhabit because the temperatures will be to extreme.. there is also a time when the sun will die out. and even if all that doesn't happen, our galaxy will collide with the Andromeda galaxy causing both galaxies to destroy.. then the universe will also have and inevitable end..
everything that has a beginning has an end. the universe had a beginning (big bang), as did everything in the universe, therefore, everything will eventually end.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The truth is that we don't know how the Universe began. Many theories exist but none have a shred of evidence to prove them. The reason being is that we cannot go back that far, we can only speculate.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think that whatever the answer is, it is related to super massive black holes. I seriously doubt that our universe is the only one out there. Matter gets ripped apart and compacted in the black hole. Perhaps it eventually fills up to the point where it can't take it anymore and BANG. The energy explodes from a dense singularity.

I'm not sure that I like the idea of space and time being the same thing. I see time as the movement of the universe, so maybe in that sense, but time doesn't actually exist beyond that and our perception of it.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Even though I'm not religious I believe the bible tells the story.. yet people screw it up because we believe we are gods children.

What if God made his children in his own image... what would they look like... I tend to believe god looks something like a star..

Stars are gods children. The universe is the garden of eden. We are just some virus that the earth caught

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.

She had so many children she didn't know what to do.

So she created the universe.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I view the universe as a container within another container. Why? Because if our science is correct and the universe is truly expanding, it must have something to exist outside of itself to expand into. The only other solution, in my mind, would be that as the universe expands it creates its own space to expand into. I find that last reasoning more improbable than space already existing outside the universe.

If my reasoning is correct, then this universe could be a happening inside of another existing container. This could be what some would view as creation. Just as within this universe we have birth and death of stars, so this universe could be the birth in a similar manner in what we call a universe. A black hole could be the same result as a escape valve for this container. The universe could very well have a life span the same as a star has a life span.

Each container could be understood as a creation when in reality it is the result of the prior existing container influencing the existence of the one which is in its belly (so to speak). It is my belief that each container is what we understand as a dimension and there could be many uncountable dimensions or there could be only seven or ten.

Working backwards is not the way science works but in this case there is no other solution. If we had one trillion dimensions of different laws we would have to work back to the very first container and concentrate on its existence in order to understand how it came into existence and this is impossible in my mind. So in effect we are trying to understand the impossible. Regardless of how you view the situation, with little understanding of this universe, think about the science of the larger container or what we view as the space we are expanding into.

That is why most creationists find it more reasonable to simply believe in a Creator. They realize that we shall never understand the entirety of this matter.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I forgot about this thread. Some really interesting ideas here and has definitely given me some food for thought. It's really strange, only this last few months, I've really been wondering why we are here. I mean, yeah I know everybody must have that thought from time to time but it's really been bothering me lately. I guess I have too much time on my hands!

top topics

join