It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Week's Darwin Award Goes to .... 2 Teen Girls Sunbathing in the Road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Two Teen Girls Sunbathing in PA Struck By Car

Two teenage girls were sunbathing in the road ... fell asleep ... and got struck by a car.
They were taken to the hospital and are in fair condition.

I mean ... comeon .... :shk:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was gonna make a joke but I'm just gonna hold my tongue, maybe down the road we can joke about it.... For now I'll just keep on trucking...
edit on 30-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
As the one comment on that news site says: Teens may be good with electronical stuff but they lack common sense. It's very apparent and this is just one of many "Are they really that stupid?" Stories involving teenagers.

And "Sunbathing in the middle of the road" how stupid must one be to even get this idea and thinks it's something to do?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yep,
I heard this on my way into work this morning and just shook my head. I Feel really bad for the guy driving the truck, thanks to the stupidity of the girls, he now has to live with this. Thank goodness the girls are ok.

www.wpxi.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
As the one comment on that news site says: Teens may be good with electronical stuff but they lack common sense. It's very apparent and this is just one of many "Are they really that stupid?" Stories involving teenagers.

And "Sunbathing in the middle of the road" how stupid must one be to even get this idea and thinks it's something to do?

Can hack the CIA,FBI and get any movie or song (said like Jeremy Clarkson) in the WORLD, But Can not determine laying in the road to be a very stupid IDEA!

I feel bad for the brother that hit them that has got to be tearing at him! I hope they get better and no permanent injuries but I do hope it was bad enough to knock some damn since into them!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
When I was a kid my father told me "stay out of the road not everyone has good breaks on their car, and not everyone likes children" That always stuck with me. I remember the kids from school playing chicken with the cars on the road. They seemed to think that no one would dare hit them because they would get sued. None of them had even thought about the possibility they might get killed or end up in a wheelchair. Kids at that age think they are indestructible and will live forever. They often dont consider the consequences of their actions. How sad for the parents no parent should out live their child.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
HAHA blatant plagiarism ahead.

When you sunbathe on the road, there is NO protection against SUV rays.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What are you guys talking about I used to sunbathe in the road all of the time.*

You never did it?

*(it was a joke.)
edit on 30-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I am always happy to hear when being stupid hurts.

Hopefully they learned a lesson from this.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's really funny. I just got done reading three of the Darwin Award books. They should at least get an honorable mention.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's really funny. I just got done reading three of the Darwin Award books. They should at least get an honorable mention.

That or a gold star

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is funny.
Definitely one of those perfect Monday stories talked about on every morning blah blah show around the country.

The thing is, maybe these girls aren't as dumb as we'd love to make them out to be?
For one, they fell asleep... Clearly this is not some major highway or how could they fall asleep?

Think about how many people hit animals and crap in their own driveways...
It could have been the only other dude on the cul-de-sac and he just happened to have a derp moment and normally could have avoided the girls.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Two Teen Girls Sunbathing in PA Struck By Car

Two teenage girls were sunbathing in the road ... fell asleep ... and got struck by a car.
They were taken to the hospital and are in fair condition.

I mean ... comeon .... :shk:

Best part though, it was their brother driving said car. How? How could you not see 2 girls sleeping in the road?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
How do you even fall asleep in the middle of the road? Aren't cars constantly passing?

What a bunch of ....i dunno.. Girls these days

PS.

Some jokes from the site comments-

When you sunbathe on the road, there is NO protection against SUV rays.

Confucious say, person who sleeps on road wakes up with a run down feeling.

If you get run over while sunning in the road, it's your own dumb asphalt!

edit on 16-5-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join