It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your only role here is to breath and not to resist. Everything else is Predetermined."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by akushla99

There is no problem and I'm not sure why people are making a big deal of the "resisting" thing.

It is a major problem in the position that there is no FREE WILL...How is anything being 'Resited'?

A

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

There is no problem and I'm not sure why people are making a big deal of the "resisting" thing.

the problem comes when you say there is no free will, but THEN go on to say that people must choose to either accept or resist.

and resisting what? if things are predetermined with no free will, then whether one resists or accepts is already determined.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

If you accept what is meant to be - it'll happen.
If you resist what is meant to be - it'll still happen

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Are you suggesting that, in the end, resistance is futile? That resistance only increases the time for an event to take place, but does not affect the actual result?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

the problem comes when you say there is no free will, but THEN go on to say that people must choose to either accept or resist.

and resisting what? if things are predetermined with no free will, then whether one resists or accepts is already determined.

I believe what Kelly meant when she says not to resist, is as a form of encouragement for people to not get too absorbed into their own suffering but to understand that there is a reason for their occurrences.

edit on 2-5-2012 by timerty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by arpgme

Are you suggesting that, in the end, resistance is futile? That resistance only increases the time for an event to take place, but does not affect the actual result?

Let me give my take for him, since I just wrote about something related.

The human characters who are too into their human restrictions/suffering/lessons would spend more time 'resisting' by feeling miserable, blaming themselves, feeling guilty, feeling victimized etc rather than moving on to experience other restrictions/lessons in the soul plan. So those who resist too much by not trying to understand and see the bigger picture will spend more time than those who do.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Bob Sholtz

If you accept what is meant to be - it'll happen.
If you resist what is meant to be - it'll still happen

...soooo...how does this support the view that there is no FREE WILL...if you 'accept' or 'resist'?

If there is no FREE WILL - by definition there is NO capacity for either resistance or acceptance????????????

What you you are saying makes absolutely NO SENSE...

A

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by timerty

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

I believe what Kelly meant when she says not to resist, is as a form of encouragement for people to not get too absorbed into their own suffering but to understand that there is a reason for their occurrences.

edit on 2-5-2012 by timerty because: (no reason given)

If that is what is meant...I have no problem with it...
When though, this concept, is expanded to include a mechanism called FREE WILL, or the negation of FREE WILL...words such as 'accept' and 'choice' or 'resistance' do no service to the position that there is NO FREE WILL...these words, or any words used to describe a mechanism by which NON-FREE WILL operates, would need to better describe the mechanism...certainly NOT words which presume some sort of choice - and therefore FREE WILL...

A

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

If I say, no matter what you do, you WILL do X or X WILL happen to you, how is that free-will?

I agree with timerty.
edit on 2-5-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I came across this quote this morning and thought I would share it, because from what I can tell, it is very true:

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
― C.G. Jung

When a person has an experience like the lady in the video, they will often freak out and need to tell everyone what they experienced. 20 years from now she may very well have a different message than what she has now.
It could take that long for the entire message she was given to sink into her mind.
And it could just be where SHE is headed. I suspect that the afterlife is different for everyone.
We all our own special place in the universe. That is why many NDE's tell different messages, because that is where their spirit comes from. One isn't any more correct than another, they are just coming from different aspects of whatever is beyond this world. IMO

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The human characters who are too into their human restrictions/suffering/lessons would spend more time 'resisting' by feeling miserable, blaming themselves, feeling guilty, feeling victimized etc rather than moving on to experience other restrictions/lessons in the soul plan. So those who resist too much by not trying to understand and see the bigger picture will spend more time than those who do.

You assume a plan and someone outside of the plan to play it out where he can choose to resist it or not,
but that one character is part of the plan as the resisting is also.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nirvi

You assume a plan and someone outside of the plan to play it out where he can choose to resist it or not,
but that one character is part of the plan as the resisting is also.

No, I did not assume that.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Entire lifetimes spent in 3D are akin to sex, or watching TV to a 5D life-form. You do it for the entertainment value, and for the LOLS, apparently. All the dogma we attach to "doing it" is just that. Most of what you came from spilled over the side of the cup when you poured it in, and thank Frank for that, because we all need a break from being Owen, once in a while.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No free will?
Then how do you resist???
why live at all?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
No free will?
why live at all?

So you can make people smile & laugh. You have enough free will to choice between happy and sad. That's enough for me!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

why live at all?

Whether life has a purpose or not is a different question...

edit on 2-5-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No free will?
why live at all?

Because the soul has nothing better to do.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No point in talking about it, the only way u can answer this question is through the use of psychedelic substances.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is NO way I can see people choosing to be born in the most hellish conditions on earth, slaved away on minimal food/lots of disease for 30 years and then succumb to cancer or some terrible death.

What on earth could a soul possibly gain by that? Or are we measured by how much physical pain we endure?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

We're here to overcome.

Some people are "victims". They make bad choices. The rest are winners.

But everyone gets killed. That's the one thing we can't overcome.

If nobody chose to be here then we're sort of like hostages, in a way. I guess it depends on your frame of mind. Shame and guilt and desire and fear can have powerful holds on us.
edit on 3-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join