It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your only role here is to breath and not to resist. Everything else is Predetermined."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
in the ultimate perspective yes, god alone is the doer man is a machine. But you make decisions and choices because man and god is a continuum. Our individual desires are all working towards bringing something about(though the individual need not be aware ). Everything is tied together

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

My response to this:

It depends on how you define free will. If you define free will as the ability to make your own destiny, then yes, you have it. If you define free will as your intended destiny is how you make it, then you're wrong.

There is a path. As a race, we are supposed to help one another follow it. There is a grand design...but how you CONTRIBUTE to it, or whether you contribute at all, is entirely up to you.

This is what she means by resisting. Don't resist the plan. The plan will give you everything you need. Reality was designed that way. People call it God because it is written in God's "flesh", written by Source itself. The code is infinitely large, infinitely complex, and leads us all back to Source. But to be one with source...you must have perfect understand. Compassionate wisdom. A perfect clarity of the mind and soul, that you may understand every square inch of every level of the universe.

This is where we are supposed to be going. This is where we are failing to go. Why? Because we are resisting. We are fighting the flow of the river. Ya ain't supposed to fight the tide, fellas.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If our souls planned it all out ahead of time, wouldn't that mean we were free to make our own destiny before being incarnated?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
If our souls planned it all out ahead of time, wouldn't that mean we were free to make our own destiny before being incarnated?

Nope. Why? Because we humans take advantage of every opportunity to get what we want.

What was to stop Hitler from killing himself when he first got trapped, being reborn, and showing up as an 8 year old, giving speeches and continuing where he left off?

See?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Imagine how big of an a-hole a soul has to be to CHOOSE to be Hitler.

Yeah, on second thought, I don't think we choose our paths beforehand.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Well, an angry soul will do a lot of things. It isn't hard to break the mind, and a spirit that isn't erased before it goes through the cycle will retain its mind...and thus, its old grudges.

Do you get it now?

It's surprising how people claim to understand anything these days...I'm always having to explain... *shakes head*

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The only free-will you have is whether you will go with the flow of it or whether you'll resist and get beat up by it.

this is illogical. how can you resist if no free will exists?

i believe reasonable free will exists, but the future is already predetermined. every choice you will make is the same choice you would have always made. so there is free will, but nothing changes.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So are you saying rapists should just rape and murderers just murder because they are destined to do it anyway so why resist? Would you also not hold a grudge against anyone who would rape, kill and eat your loved ones in front of you? If you truly believe what you say then you should be happy because they all agreed to this before hand and destiny is playing out as it should or did I miss something here?

In that sense everyone should do as they please because it is the way it is supposed to be. Another point of argument would be the impossibility of telling which is resisting and which is going along with it. If a man has a desire to kill and is resisting it is he going against the flow? Maybe him resisting it is part of the plan and the way it is supposed to be. This confounds the idea that all we can do is choose to resit or go along with it if we are unable to distinguish any difference between the two.

To me if I were "god" in the sense of one who created everything I would have created life outside of myself, not dependent on myself, with the ability to forge their own destinies.Perhaps as a test to see what would happen. To me this is the only way that they could truly be called living and their existences have any meaning at all. Otherwise I am just playing make believe and their lives no more relevant than fictional characters in a book.

I think that the river analogy is a good one. There are those who float and go with the stream good or bad, there are those who may try to paddle into turns where they want, there are those who may try to paddle upstream with futility and there are those of us with a powerful enough motor to go in whatever direction we damn well please.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The bottom line of this message is:

Now that can't be all that bad can it?
She had a very interesting experience from the sound of it.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

So are you saying rapists should just rape and murderers just murder because they are destined to do it anyway so why resist?

I said you have a choice as to whether or not you contribute to the overall cause. I did not say violence was a worthy contribution. In fact, peace and unity is the cause here...on all vibrational levels. The reason we can't see into other worlds, or haven't contacted other intelligent life forms, is because we have not yet mastered peace and unity.

Technology and the material world, we have mastered...or we've come damn close to it. Yet true spirituality, true ascension and enlightenment, remains beyond our ken. This is what we must master next. And the time has come to commence the process. Otherwise, we will not advance to the next stage of our growth as a race.

The only other option is to sit here until we blow each other up or just die off slowly. A rather anticlimactic finish for such a proud and powerful species, I think.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Just being yourself isn't enough anymore. Too many people have ignored each other, and look at the world now.

We must be ourselves...with each other. It has to be a global effort. Nothing else will suffice.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You are wonderful just as you are. Be yourself. That doesn't mean be complacent, that just means to be true to what you believe and feel inside, because you are a perfect being.

That is not saying there is no right or wrong, only that no matter what, you are loved and understood. It is ok to be yourself.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The only free-will you have is whether you will go with the flow of it or whether you'll resist and get beat up by it.

As if that is not free will. If I resist, then by this logic, my role was predetermined to resist, which would mean no choice. Those who resist do so because it is their role to do so, and those who accept do so because it is their role to do so. Either this is so, or it is not so and people do have a choice even if it is limited to resistance or acceptance.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
We do have free will, though its all been done, this is the past. But we still have to walk it, and while we do that, its open to our efforts.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My own take on this whole thing is that there are indeed some things that are predestined,however, not everything. Not most things. IMO.
Some things do seem to be.
When I was in Jr High I walked into school one day and when asked how I was I said I was fine, but the space shuttle was going to blow up. The principal got this startled look and asked why I would say something like that?
I got pulled out of class and told to come to the office,as the space shuttle challenger had just blown up.

Well, a few days before I had a premonition about it.
The feeling that I got was that it was something that had to be. I have no idea why, only that it had to happen.
So I believe that some things are "predestined" but maybe it is only as far as to steer us this way or that.
I don't know. The experience made me wonder though. The feeling was very clear.
As to what triggered the premonition, it was a show on b-52 bombers and about retiring them after 25 missions, which the challenger was on it's 25th mission. I heard that and just "knew".

Glad that doesn't happen often.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

The women in the video is very sincere, and much of what she says is accurate to a degree. Where things fall flat, and way flat, is where she references the Angel. Here is where the problem lies with her experience. In most NDE's, people actually run into their soul matrix, a profound experience. She ran into another being who schooled her in the art of slavery.

110% agree with you on this cranky. Before watching the video in the OP (which is actually Part 2) I watched Part 1 and then in succession up to Part 5, and even some of her other vids on her channel.

My initial response at hearing of her NDE (in Part 1) was that it was beautifully articulated, agreed with her totally and I was very much looking forward to her other videos. But she lost me when she mentioned archangel gabriel and her subsequent other angel visitations.

(I couldn't really work out if the angel (or her guides) actually told her there was no free will or if this is just what she perceived when she was on the other side. Not that this really matters I guess, especially because she is only sharing parts of her story.)

I agree with a lot of what she says, but ...
"Your only role here is to breath and not to resist. Everything else is Predetermined."
I humbly don't. And why? I was trying to articulate it but I couldn't have said it any better than this:

reply to post by KenArten

In any event, if souls and life are governed by physics with all its causality and built-in uncertainties (al la the uncertainty principal), then the course of any life is perceived differently by each observer. So whose version do we measure the soul's life script against.

... OK, I said I see it as a lot more complex than just a yes or a no, everything or nothing. And I will continue to believe that I still have some control over the 20W of brain power that defines my life story.

But as always, good to exercise our free will to examine the widest range of options - even if we were destined already to do just that.

Beautifully put.

The reaction I get from watching this woman is strange. I've probably watched a dozen of her videos now and I am split 50/50 each time. I find myself agreeing with her one minute, then shaking my head no in the next.
Whilst I think she's quite expressive (and I do like her), I think her messages, or I should say the messages she has received, are a little scrambled.

edit on 1/5/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
A lot of the NDE accounts seem to have this sort of theme and I sometimes wonder about it and how it relates, from an academic standpoint, to Christianity in particular. The philosophies behind both seem vastly different in many ways.

The thread title, for example, is much more in align with Buddhism than say, Christianity. Not saying that's good or bad, just interesting.

edit on 5/2/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Strange thing is, she wasn't told this by the angels. In her NDE she said she seen her "soul map", everything was already scripted and she decided to come back to keep playing the role in raising her son and she seen future events which will happen.

So it wasn't the angels that told her.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
This lady who had a near death experience says there is no free-will and that our only role is to not resist (accept).

So not only are scientists (neurologists) saying that there is no free-will and that your choices are already made by your brain before you are even aware and you "think" that you are thinking about choice, but now on the SPIRITUAL side, this lady and many others are saying that there is a "soul-plan" or "destiny".

I know some people just do not want to ACCEPT that free-will does not exist (at least not here), but it is true.

Your soul already planned it all out before being here and all of your interactions with others - your actions towards them and their actions towards you... The only free-will you have is whether you will go with the flow of it or whether you'll resist and get beat up by it.

Here is the video I was talking about specifically:

edit on 30/4/2012 by kosmicjack because: fixed long title and capitialization

Exactly what...(in as clear English as you can), is available to resist? Exactly what needs to be resisted in a predetermined universe? And what does this say of the Resistor?

If his/her resistance was predetermined...what's the problem?
...and if it wasn't...what's the problem?

Both scenarios are playable under a predetermined reality and a random reality...It's just whether you want to call it a tomato, or a tomayto...and what 'proof' you want to attribute to it...

The term FREE WILL, contains two words that need to be understood to mean the same thing between the Pro's and the Con's camp...otherwise we're talking 'round in circles...

A

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

There is no problem and I'm not sure why people are making a big deal of the "resisting" thing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join