It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BATTLESHIP MOVIE, a strange conspiracy taking place RIGHT HERE on ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

we pirated it. duh!

early releases, unfinished cuts, etc etc. Movies are on CD at least a year before they hit the theaters. That's how they screen it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Interesting that one would consider a glitch in the space time continuum before piracy..

Before checking release dates..

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by Saidin

They downloaded a pirated copy and watched it. I know, not as exciting as time travel, but that's life.

*sigh* its so unholy how some random dudes will go out and pirate stuff, and they don't get caught.

yet some guy in britan gets taken to US prison because he copied and pasted an image.

if they take any more money out of our pockets we too will be seeing there movies from CAM's black market recordings.
Black market very popular in 3rd world countries, but like Battleship, Black Market "is coming soon to a region near you"

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You didn't know what IMDb is? You are banned from talking about movies on the Internet.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I saw the movie several weeks ago at the cinema in the UK and wrote about it on ATS. Think it came out in the UK on the 11th of April?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.filmdates.co.uk...
edit on 30-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atento
And now I have to ask:

Why they are holding the release of this movie in the USA for so long?

Why they will release it in the USA only on May 18th, the first day of the G8 summit?

Maybe because its a stinker?

Given that the majority of the opinion is formed by US reviews, they want to extract as much value as possible overseas before releasing it in the USA.

At which point the internet will be awash with 'Battleship sucks' opinions.

Its not conspiracy, its marketing, maybe.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's called a preview .

is this thread serious ?>

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Such a thread fail right here...

edit on 30-4-2012 by Gibonz because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2012 by Gibonz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Im sure if you watched a better quality version of the movie you would have enjoyed the movie a lot more.

I have watched a few bad CAM rips in the past and ruined the best of movies. I thought they sucked at the time till I watched a better quality version of it and then realized how good the movie actually was.....

If the quality of the Movie did not matter or add to the movie, then they would not spend millions of dollars on it

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

I saw it at the cinema and TBH it was not a very good film. Some of the FX were decent but the acting , story line and believability of the film really sucked. I was hoping for a kind of Independence day on water but came away pretty disappointed.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I really don't see anything suspicious here. They're just trying to milk the cash cow for all that they can before US audiences get a chance to decide whether its crap or not. The US market makes up a good chunk of what the film grosses (although that trend has been changing over the past decade), so you better make sure you make some profit in any place you can if the film isn't any good. Plus, May is the start of the summer movie season. You can release a summer blockbuster-esq film in March or April, but there's still a stigma attacked to those films. Unless they're indies or art house or anything like that, they're usually thought of as stinkers. Its not until you get to the end of April that, usually, films start getting "better."

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Dude, I hate to give one liners and stuff but there is such thing called Premiere showings.

My friend was invited to the G.I. Joe 2 Premiere a couple of weeks ago.

I also has friends that was able to show up at The Avengers Premiere.

Movie Premiere usually open up quite a few weeks ahead of the official release date. Mostly opened to the review critics and stuff.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
OPie I take it you're either incredibly high right now or a very gullible person to put it nicely.

Use google next time and save some internetz space for wiser threads.

Please.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's already out in loads of countries and I'm sure that (I know I shouldn't be saying this) but there's probably plenty of websites that are streaming the movie.
But for a more awesome cinematic experience such as eating all your popcorn during the ads before the movie even starts, go to the cinema.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

And the award for stupid question of the month goes to........

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

They probably are commenting on seeing the trailer. I have not read the entire thread so I apologize as other posters have probably already pointed that out. Maybe someone should (re)make a movie called "Battleship Earth" but in the current day and not starring John Travolta.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

They probably are commenting on seeing the trailer. I have not read the entire thread so I apologize as other posters have probably already pointed that out. Maybe someone should (re)make a movie called "Battleship Earth" but in the current day and not starring John Travolta.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Rihanna is in that movie. (And on the beach in Hawaii today in a bikini looking amazingly hot)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This guy cant be serious, were you just born yesterday? or been living under a rock or in a cave for the last 15years?

You cant even read a news site without hearing about some kind of online piracy these days
and I count atleast 6 different copies available online

and as riddle6 said, its probably delayed for so long because the movie sucks, and after its US release the internet will be covered with reviews on how bad it is

and then again WHY DONT THEY JUST RELEASE AT THE SAME TIME EVERYWHERE????? this i will never understand

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by Dwel13R

Originally posted by Atento
And now I have to ask:

Why they are holding the release of this movie in the USA for so long?

Why they will release it in the USA only on May 18th, the first day of the G8 summit?

Now, THIS is something to think about.

OK, I am thinking.

what is the G8 summit?

Now you are taking the Michael!...No please don't ask what that is too.....

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join