Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

BATTLESHIP MOVIE, a strange conspiracy taking place RIGHT HERE on ATS.

page: 2
1
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Dont know how anyone could waste their time on a CAM rip.....

You suppose to enjoy this movie for the special affects. Personally I would rather have good taste and wait than ruining a good movie.




posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Atento
 


Sometimes, America doesn't get to see it first...I hope you all survive that....



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska
 


no its free to download torrents i think
just put in the film of your choice


ps it was called limewire in the past.
edit on 30/4/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Atento
 


Sometimes, America doesn't get to see it first...I hope you all survive that....



According to IMDB, the USA will be the LAST country were it will be released.

It was released in the UK, France, Indonesia and Taiwan on 11 April 2012, the day of the double 8.0+ quake close to Indonesia.

More than FIVE WEEKS between the release in the UK and the release in the USA?

How usual is that?

And will be released in the USA in the first day of the G8 summit???



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with money? They're saying the movie isn't very good, so they're trying to get as much out of it as possible before releasing it here in the US. www.forbes.com...
edit on 30-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: add



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Maybe it has something to do with money? They're saying the movie isn't very good, so they're trying to get as much out of it as possible before releasing it here in the US. www.forbes.com...
edit on 30-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-4-2012 by DAVID64 because: add



And why releasing the movie in the USA would prevent them from making money overseas?

I see no relation...



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska
 


have you tried frostwire, you get all the new
releases on there,i even watched transformers
two and the kings speach on there before
it was on the cinema



but dude, isn't that piracy?


You don't seem even slightly surprised at this scenario. So I have to ask what the purpose of your thread was? Did you work on the set or something, and are you coming on here to promote/complain about it.

This thread is stranger than your time travel theory, in my opinion.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Atento
 


Paraphrasing the article.

Comment now
UPDATE: Sunday, April 29th: “Battleship” is now up to $170 Mil worldwide without US release until May 18th.

“Battleship,” Universal Pictures’ big summer entertainment, cost over $200 million to make. You know it’s cheesy and not very good, so why subject the studio to American reviews? Very wisely, Universal has been opening “Battleship” around the world in advance of its May 18th U.S. landing. And the result: already $129 million in the bank. And more to come. These numbers are from Boxofficemojo.com. And they tell you why Ron Meyer is so good at his job running the studio. The movie has terrible reviews–it’s scored a 48% on Rotten Tomatoes. One British reviewer simply called it “trash.” Universal calls it “money” and there will enough of it by May 18th to avoid a “John Carter” disaster. This is the new trend. If your movie is bad, play for it people who just need to see explosions and special effects. The movie stars non-actor Rihanna, and “John Carter” hero Taylor Kitsch.

read also: www.forbes.com...



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well, I have to give thanks to this thread, for caughting my attention for the strange five weeks gap between the release of the movie in the UK and in the USA.

And of course, the fact it was released in the UK and Indonesia in the day of the 8.0+ quake in Indonesia, and will be released in the USA in the first day of the G8 summit in Camp David.

Thanks OP, I wouldn't realize all this if it wasn't for this thread.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by Atento
 


Paraphrasing the article.

Comment now
UPDATE: Sunday, April 29th: “Battleship” is now up to $170 Mil worldwide without US release until May 18th.

“Battleship,” Universal Pictures’ big summer entertainment, cost over $200 million to make. You know it’s cheesy and not very good, so why subject the studio to American reviews? Very wisely, Universal has been opening “Battleship” around the world in advance of its May 18th U.S. landing. And the result: already $129 million in the bank. And more to come. These numbers are from Boxofficemojo.com. And they tell you why Ron Meyer is so good at his job running the studio. The movie has terrible reviews–it’s scored a 48% on Rotten Tomatoes. One British reviewer simply called it “trash.” Universal calls it “money” and there will enough of it by May 18th to avoid a “John Carter” disaster. This is the new trend. If your movie is bad, play for it people who just need to see explosions and special effects. The movie stars non-actor Rihanna, and “John Carter” hero Taylor Kitsch.

read also: www.forbes.com...



Makes no sense to me.

If it was in the US theaters, it wouldn't prevent anyone from watching it in the other countries...



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska
 


Movies are usually released in other countries before they come out in the US. I downloaded a copy of Avengers last week, a poor copy with Greek subtitles, in fact, it was so bad a copy I didnt even bother watching past 5 minutes.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska
 


Movies are usually released in other countries before they come out in the US. I downloaded a copy of Avengers last week, a poor copy with Greek subtitles, in fact, it was so bad a copy I didnt even bother watching past 5 minutes.



But a five weeks gap is a LOT of time, don't you think?

Two or three weeks, OK, but FIVE?



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Atento
 



MOTHER OF PEARL! FIRE ON THE POOP-DECK. (for mods, just in case. poopdeck is a part of a boat and not a bad word in any way.)


I JUST REALIZED.

the US gov wants to delay it so they can see how many pirates they can catch in the USA!!!

massive crackdown incomming!
edit on 30-4-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska
 


Peerblock FTW.

Hit it up



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska
 


nothing strange my friend, I believe there is at least 1 "cam" copy of the movie. "Cam" meaning someone recorded it from a camera, phone, handycam, with "mic" audio. I'm positive I saw that come up on one of the sites.


Unless you get a decent audio feed, and sync it up as most do.

It was pretty rubbish imo tho. glad I saved myself $13.
edit on 30-4-2012 by mainidh because: forgot to snip quotes..



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
Dont know how anyone could waste their time on a CAM rip.....

You suppose to enjoy this movie for the special affects. Personally I would rather have good taste and wait than ruining a good movie.


Well, I'm supposed to enjoy a movie. That's the point.

And I am glad I got this out of the way before I did waste money on it. They don't deserve my money on this one... imo.

rotten acting, and .. well, alien movie for the sake of alien movie... boring...



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atento
And now I have to ask:

Why they are holding the release of this movie in the USA for so long?

Why they will release it in the USA only on May 18th, the first day of the G8 summit?


Now, THIS is something to think about.

OK, I am thinking.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dwel13R

Originally posted by Atento
And now I have to ask:

Why they are holding the release of this movie in the USA for so long?

Why they will release it in the USA only on May 18th, the first day of the G8 summit?


Now, THIS is something to think about.

OK, I am thinking.


what is the G8 summit?




posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog
 


I doubt very much that that programme works.......its not been updated since november 2010



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch
 


They havent improved on the software but the lists of ip's and domains that it blocks still get updated.
Plus, you can always go Here and get more lists.





new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join