It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery As Hundreds Of Pelicans Die In Peru

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Mystery As Hundreds Of Pelicans Die In Peru

news.sky.com

The bodies of hundreds of pelicans have been found in Peru on the same beaches where almost 900 dead dolphins have washed up over the last month.

The government said they will investigate the deaths of almost 600 birds found along a 70km stretch of northern coastline - the majority of which are pelicans, but also include gannets.

The fisherman's association in Puerto Eten, north Peru, said it found around 1,200 dead pelicans last week along a 170km string of beaches.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It looks like its working its way through the food chain.... whatever it is... Pelicans have now been found on a beach in Peru (which isnt that far really from the BP Spill)... i wonder if that has anything to do with it but is being covered up by people saying it is a 'meteorological phenomenon'.

In case some of you cant read the skynews site here is a bit more:

Over the last month the bodies of as many as 877 dolphins have also washed up in the region, which is approximately 700km northwest of the capital, Lima.

Officials are looking into whether a virus or seismic tests that have been carried out nearby could be the cause of the deaths.

But the government's fisheries minister said that based on the evidence available they had not found a relationship between the animal bodies and tests related to the exploration of oil.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-4-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

found on a beach in Peru (which isnt that far really from the BP Spill)...

except its separated by a continent I believe, closer to Japan as far as the water is concerned I would say

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ok, so where are the reports on the dolphins? surely we've diced them up inspected their organs and have some good idea what hit these poor animals..

I trust we will see the same report on the pelicans?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Ok, so where are the reports on the dolphins? surely we've diced them up inspected their organs and have some good idea what hit these poor animals..

you get your star off me

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
that is a lot of pelicans. i'm not sure if i believe it was related to the oil spill. that doesn't make sense to me. a lot of them dying over a longer period of time would make sense but a bunch dying all at once seems like something happened suddenly and recently.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Maybe a prelude to another BIG earthquake in the area?

That region is somewhat overdue for a megaquake.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Yeah, you could be right.... probably wouldnt all die at the same time unless..... they all ate at the same time

But seriously this is getting pretty serious with all these animals dying suddenly.... didnt the dinosaurs all die off suddenly too???

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
They will never find the cause. People see money instead of conservation. Our tests are structured to avoid identification of some toxic chemicals. Who designs these tests? Researchers who are trained to look for certain things. Will a college or university go against business interests? No, they would not have a good rate of employment for their students if they did and inevitably would have no students. I see corruptions in what they test for, they aren't testing something because a veil has been pulled over their eyes. If they do find the reason they will be blackballed from their trade.

It is a common practice to avoid testing that hurts the industry. If it is not known that something is toxic, it is not a liability under present laws. There will be no evidence to say it's bad if no testing is done. If you take too much colloidal silver you turn blue and there can be organ failure. Everything in concentrations well above what is nature is toxic to the environment. I have no faith in the government to regulate this. Most of their researchers are told which tests to do. They are told that certain things are safe but their safety actually has circumstances associated with them that are untold. If you mix bleach and ammonia a toxic gas is emitted but both are considered safe by government standards.

How can an organization or government correctly monitor these things when they or their economies acquire an economic gain from them. In our country and many others it is the Political gain from job creation that sidesteps common sensed. We will soon see what a mess we have created. I am not against extraction of oil and gasses from the earth but I am against cutting corners to keep things cheap. I'm against deceit for personal gain that causes the destruction of the earth.

Many colleges were created by the mining industry and all their basis for present research and testing was created by the mining industry. Like I said, a college that creates graduates that challenge industry will have no jobs for their graduates. The same goes for college chemistry courses, the basics and testing perameters have been set and any deviation is considered flawed. We don't seem to challenge the basics of things because they are facts, facts are god in education. Sometimes that god is the god of deceit, the devil itself. Money makes the world go round.

This is the year of enlightenment, the end of the world of deceit. we will soon be told about what is to come. this news will not be good news, this news will open everyone's eyes. We can't deny this anymore, things are starting to turn into a state of no return. If you get rid of the speculators that drive up the price of oil, there will be lots of money to make safer oil extracting and mining practices without increasing prices hardly at all. It's not the mining companies that are causing all the problems, more profit is made from speculators than the oil companies. Speculators never lose money, they always profit. They buy oil at 60 bucks or so a barrel and sell it at 75-100 bucks a barrel. Stock holders in oil companies don't profit from this but execs invest in speculation a lot because they know where the money is. so the stockholders of oil companies do not know that they are deceived. Not just anyone can get into speculation either, they will be discouraged by brokers who themselves vest in it.

Greed makes the world go round. Greed makes the deceivers richer and richer. I wish I could say more but this is the extent of my research on the matter. I remember working in the gas station when gas was thirty nine cents a gallon during price wars. Forty nine cents when at regular price. It was the beginning of the deregulation of fuel prices created by the free market approach. It was the creation of the speculators in the market. At one time a speculator took risks, now they just take money. Our money, all of it is gone. What we think we have is not real. There is no real money in the hands of 90 percent of Americans. The deceivers have great real wealth but their wealth is based on our belief in what they have. I do not believe in precious metals and diamonds. They are just crystals and metals. I believe in mother earth and I believe in those who grow our foods. I just wish that the growers and companies that preserve our food would learn not to trust these deceitful people. We don't need all those attractants in food. We don't need chemicals in food that make us hungrier. We don't need super cheap food that won't digest properly. We don't need lies and deceit. This is not a pipe dream, it is an awakening. The pipe dream is our present society and economy based on lies. But don't fret, mice can't see because they have no cloak. So don't worry until it's too late.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Great post!!

I can only hope things better before they get worse.

Mind you, with the current leaders of this World, it is not looking good!!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Even the sound from their drilling practices could cause problems in these animals. Sound frequencies cause changes in brain waves and brain wave changes cause problems in digestion processes and other chemical imbalances within the body which promote proper health. This same problem could also be in their food chain. Mental stressing causes changes in chemicals in the body and the reaction could cause their food to become toxic to them without their knowing it.

Another question to ask is if there is a different kind of drilling practice used here than in other places that have no problems with die offs. Sometimes simple things cause problems and solutions are also simple. There are so many possibilities that it's never going to be easy to find the answers to these kind of things. We need to try to find answers instead of throwing blame at others all the time. Presently we need fuels, although not as much as we are wasting, and acquiring these fuels needs broad-form research and affordable solutions. It is almost impossible to find answers with researchers living in their box but it's also unrealistic to do research that is flighty at best. They need to form committees of volunteers to hash over all possibilities and try to figure out what's going on. Get some people who know about geology, wildlife, oil chemicals, frequencies, water, and other fields in a conferance room with a keg of beer. They'll probably figure it out, although they may not remember what they figured out or why they figured it out.

Maybe I should crawl back in my box because there's beer in there.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

My thoughts exactly when I first read this news! But obviously we, the 99%, don't need to know!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I just had thought.... what if this is some kind of 'event'? (Like in the TV series which i just finished watching series 1)

What if our food supply is slowly being poisoned on purpose to kill off our food supply for the arrival of 'Aliens' or the 'Sumerians' 'Annunaki'????

What if our food is being sprayed for this very same reason??

To kill a lot of us to make room for their arrival!!!

Maybe they are in charge of BP and Shell and caused the ripple effect which took out the nuke plant in Fukishima!! Maybe they told the Japanese authorities to build the plant in Fukishima so they could one day cause an Earthquake which would cause mass outbreak of radiation!!

Yes, i guess you could say i found 'the event' to be pretty good!!

If you havnt seen it, i suggest to watch it... at the end of series 1 their whole World appears through the Portal with 2 Billion people on it!!

BUT HOPEFULLY IF WE DO HAVE VISITORS, THEY ARE HERE IN PEACE AND ALL THE ABOVE IS JUST MY IMAGINATION!!
edit on 30-4-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I saw this on the news earlier and wondered if perhaps the fukishima thing was responsible....if there was nuclear waste that leaked out in the pacific, then perhaps the birds ate toxic fish?

I know nothing about this sort of thing, why it would take so long to see the effects of the nuclear poisioning, or why it was just this group of birds....but I have been wondering if we would ever see the effects of fukishima in our marine wildlife???

It could be something completely different, but I'd really like to know one way or the other. I will be very curious if and when the scientists figure this one out! I'd really love a solid explaination on this one!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Being that you have writer written under your name I presume you would have a good imagination.
The funny thing is that somehow some of Hollywood productions wind up being reality in the future. Maybe Aliens are trying to warn us of things through the imaginations of writers. Maybe Writers can also create the future through their imagination. Either way, it makes life interesting.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Do dolphins & pelicans & ganettes have magnetite(sp) in their heads for migration or something? Maybe there is something going on with the magnetic field or earthquake related that causes their brains to go kittywampus thus drawing them to the same beaches and kill themselves. Dolphins effected first cause their more sensitive... birds are effected later could mean its intensifying and an EVENT will happen very soon.

OR they all just could've eaten some bad fish.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What do the dolphins and the pelicans have in common? The eat the same small fish. Since there are no other species dying we can probably rule out the water quality and the air quality. I think Linda Morton Howe's web site annouced this disaster, and she had a photo some dolphins burned by something. Maybe a chemical spill or something leaking from the ocen floor... sulfur, methane, something poisonous? It must be a local problem because it is happening right there. Maybe the little fish are carrying a virus, or parasite, or have been poisoned by something else... It is sad and disturbing to see this happen to the precious animals.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I lived in Peru many years, I saw big number of dead pelicans on the beach many times there, usually by the end of summer (march-april). The time that happens may vary with the crazy weather all over.

Those are the old pelicans, that's the way they die over there. It's normal. After the problem with the dolphins, some people in Peru is confusing the things.

Believe me, it's normal. I use to go fishing every weekend and walked the beaches thousands of times in Peru.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
What do the dolphins and the pelicans have in common? The eat the same small fish. .

You are talking about the peruvian anchoveta :

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread about someone who had admitted that the government had done this(or perhaps the someone under them)for some reason or another?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join