It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals aren't "born that way".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by sting130u

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by Outofcontrol

Fair enough. I think it's an abomination that all these so-called christians don't follow the rest of the laws in that book.

I dare them to. Hypocrites.

So attacking christians is a good way to get a message across? Great way to build bridges....

As I am a christian, I apologize for those in sheeps clothing. I do not condone, nor do I condemn, homosexuality. As started before I do have homosexual friends, male and female. But as a christian I know such acts are sinful, as we were ALL born into sin. One mans sin may not be anothers, but everyone is still a sinner. I still lust and commit sins, but I do not put myself upon a pedestal and try to say I am better. I am saved.

And (to others) bash me for being christian, that will be a good way for you to waste your time tonight.

All I'm saying is if you're going to be a christian, be a christian and come at me like the bible says you should.

See how far you get.

Edit: I don't mean you personally, unless you feel you should. I mean in general, those who hate homosexuality because they are christian and their book says it's an abomination, should follow all the laws of their faith or none at all.

edit on 30-4-2012 by Garfee because: clarity

Well, I can choose to hate homosexuality, but not homosexuals. They are people just like myself. I got my problems too, and I do not claim to be perfect. Through Christ I strive for perfection, but we are living in the 21st century. I would not put myself above the rest by saying I accepted Jesus Christ therefore I am better. I still have my issues just like the rest of you. This life is all of our experience.

An interesting marquee I read on the way home from work at a church (not a church goer, btw)

God put us here to be witnesses, not judges or lawyers.

First time I saw a sign at a church I wholeheartedly agree with.

I don't mind when people bash me for accepting Jesus and living by God's law, I just take it in as a just punishment. I was that same person 3 years ago who would tell people off for bringing the subject off. I have changed, now that I understand the truth. But I do deserve being ridiculed, as I have done enough ridiculing for the whole world....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

Well, I can't speak for anyone else but I appreciate your cander.

Homosexuality isn't a problem for me and I actually don't even think about being homosexual until I'm reminded - usually by folks who think it's the only thing we ever think of!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

If your born with a penis...im pretty sure theres a good reason for it...your a man.
a cat should be a cat and a dog a dog...personally,i think its a form of rebellion toward god,or a man whos so frightened of women,he will take anything he can get,maybe even a man whos so sexually active,if there are no women,he will settle for anything,or maybe they werent accepted by other men into the herd,so they decide too see what things would have been like were they a woman...maybe they want too disgrace women, maybe they find the whole period/babies thing too much too take in or it started of as an act and they just got used too it,id bet there are loads of different reasons for different homosexuals,maybe they want too be accepted by "women",by acting like one,maybe they rebel against the natural way of the universe...like saying"i dont like the order of things around here,like death for instance",so they rebel,these are my opinions,and in no way are meant too discourage or hurt anyone...if this does hurt you,all i can say too help your "feelings",is that "the truth can sometimes hurt",if you dont want too face reality,you wont get very far,except with other people who are also in this way ignorant.
i know for my cousin,he didnt fit in with the guys,or the women,that much was obvious,and he did later tell me he felt more comfortable being feminine and enjoyed being overly emotional,but i told him,that men cry at sad movies too,but not in front of judgemental people,and that i was just as emotioanal as him...that surprised him....i said "next time im watching tv,look at me without me knowing,and see if you notice anything in my behaviour",we watched movies for a couple of days,and a couple of times,he could see i was fighting my feelings,he just smiled at me,and i said,"the only reason i try not too let these things get too me,is because if i did that,not only would life destroy me,because i would be over the top emotional,but i would get beat up and secluded from people who would call me an attention seeker,a baby,and a wimp.."
what i said too my cousin isnt my own personal opinion,its what ive seen and learned all my life,even since nursery school,its facts,and anyone with half a brain knows that,unfortunate as it may be...but we live in a cruel world...survival of the fittest im afraid

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OMNISLASHER

It sure is but I don't know why any heterosexual here thinks they are any bigger, fitter or smarter than a homosexual.

We mostly arent the camp screamers you've been led to believe - it takes all types.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A study done over ten yrs ago proves there is an area at the meeting of the two halves of the brain which is deformed, relative everyone elses brain on the planet including retarded people. Essentially this part of the brain is the 'survival instinct' center which regulates the need for oxygen. In the deformed state the brain's other functions can too easily allow nitrous oxide to harm the brain. The state of mind one has to gain an erection requires nitrous oxide levels be higher than normal.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikefromspace
A study done over ten yrs ago proves there is an area at the meeting of the two halves of the brain which is deformed, relative everyone elses brain on the planet including retarded people. Essentially this part of the brain is the 'survival instinct' center which regulates the need for oxygen. In the deformed state the brain's other functions can too easily allow nitrous oxide to harm the brain. The state of mind one has to gain an erection requires nitrous oxide levels be higher than normal.

Link.

Purpose for study. Who was behind study.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I honestly can't imagine anyone choosing to be gay of they're not. Why would you choose a something that would subject them to scorn and prejudice?

I have read articles on the genetic predisposition to homosexuality and a study the suggests a link to hormones in the womb. Here's a link to an article about the hormone study

articles.cnn.com...:HEALTH

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join