It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why modern science destroys human morality....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
So you are saying someone who does not believe in your mythologies is immoral -- that is an incredibly naive stance. I take offense and would say your really don't know what morality is

I did not say you are immoral because you don´t believe in what I say.

I say that a person who blindly believes in today´s promoted science(including evolution) as truth, a science who does not discuss, can not measure and does not acknowledge the existence other dimensions where deities, demons, ghosts, virtue, karma etc reside - that person will become an atheist thanks to science.

In fact science promotes atheism while it could have promoted religious belief, had it wanted to. But someone rules the politics of modern science, isn´t that the case? How else could evolution become an absolute truth and considerred a "science"?

Science does not believe in deities, it thinks that is all superstition. And yet theoretical science has acknowledged other dimensions since a very long time. So why does not the experimental science discuss the matter of ghosts, deities, demons etc residing in other dimensions? Why is there said to be 33 heavens in the three realms and eighteen levels of hell in Buddhism? How can that statement not be interesting to a true scientist? It is interesting but it is not politically correct in today´s science. And that is why so few people have religious faith today. We believe in what we can see and nothing else.. You believe in the radio signal although you can not see it - science tells you it exists so you believe in it. You don´t believe in deities because you can not see them and science does not acknowledge them.

Is it likely that an ordinary person who believes in evolution and modern science will believe in the ten commandments or traditional moral standards as very important to follow? He will not care about such things and he will hence act in any way he wants to act(ie marriage is not important in a relationship, God-belief is not important etc etc) and accumulate karma which is a black, murky substance in another dimension.

Orthodox religion exists to protect people from destroying themselves. A human lifetime is over in the blink of an eye from a higher time-space.

How could anything be a coincidence and religion existed for thousands of years while modern science came up like 50 years ago and changed morality and God-belief very quickly.

Would you not agree that atheism is promoted by our modern one-dimensional science?

Hence science kills the tradional moral standards because nobody thinks it is dangerous to do whatever he likes to do in his ordinary life. And the rules for behaving as a good human being were created by Gods. If you consciously break their standards, are you not acting against them?

Just my two cents, no truth can be offered from me.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

You have utterly misunderstood the reality with which you are faced. Science itself does not support or deny the existance of God, his servants, or his enemies. Science should be regarded as seperate from all religious or ideaological concepts, as a tool of mankind, that it uses to operate its continued survival in the physical world. God , the teachings of Christ, are what we use to survive the spiritual battles we go through daily.

What you seem to completely ignore, is the FACT that the fathers of scientific thought were men of faith, even Darwin, the man who posited evolution, believed in God, and his discoveries did not end his belief. It is not acceptable, or even remotely factually accurate, to claim that science promotes atheism. There is no evidence for that what so ever.

When the Hubble and Keppler space telescopes focus thier efforts on the night sky, and send us images of deep space, do you not marvel at the glory of Gods creation? But for the efforts of finely tuned machinery and thousands of man hours of research, the mirrors in those telescopes would be incapable of reflecting correctly. Without image stabilisation technology, those images would be blurry. Without the understanding of fuels and combustion,and flight and aerodynamics, the telescopes would never reach orbit. Which part of that science is against God?

Cancer treatment has advanced beyond the scorched earth policy of radiotherapy, and now there is a method for removing brain tumors, using one single injection. Iron particles are inserted through a thin needle, which passes through skull and brain, directly into the tumor, and the patients head is placed between two electromagnets, which pulse, making the iron particles vibrate, heating the tumor up. The thermal energy disassociates the molecules of which the tumor is made, and only damages the tumor. What word of God is this against? Is it not right to treat another person in the way one would wish to be treated?

The beautiful and chaotic world of the sub atomic, is something which I personally see as being evidence of the complexity of Gods works, and without the sort of modern free thinking that you for some reason despise, I would never know that facet of his glory.

Your points, are empty and void. It is not ungodly to find new ways to appreciate the masterwork of creation, and no amount of zealotry will convince me otherwise. Where you see atheism, I see a window to the heart of God. Where you see anti christian works, I see the most touching attempts by mankind to observe the works of the creator in ever greater detail. Frankly, your blinkered and ignorant approach to your faith and mine, is utterly disgusting to me. Belief in a greater power does not prevent a person from having an interest in the activities of the scientific community, nor should one who has such interests give them up upon first reciept of the word of God.

We were meant to be more than mere animals, and it is the scientific approach that has seperated us from them. Without our way of thinking, we would be not much more than apes. It was not our design, but that of the creator of the universe himself which made it so.
edit on 2-5-2012 by TrueBrit because: Ballsed up.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It is good that you believe in God but I am talking about an overall phenomenon in the world that atheism is exploding in general, moral standards are dropping down very fast.

I tried to explain that since science promotes evolution it automatically promotes atheism.

If Gods did not create mankind then you already has denied religion - since all religions state that Gods created mankind.

So how can you say that science is not promoting atheism?

Then also the foundation of all religions is to be a virtuous person and since science denies the existence of such a substance as virtue or karma it automatically pushes people into an atheist corner(b/c it does not want to concern or admit anything not measurable in this dimension). It does not matter if you behave in this or that way and all religions say you will create karma or sins when you behave in a sinful way - and the punishment will come after death.

We can easily see this phenomenon in the statistics of religion - fewer and fewer people believe in Gods and every kid is taught at school that man evolved from apes - this is terrible but facts. Almost no people go to church these days. They simply don´t believe in anything and there is a reason behind it - modern science.

I agree that true science would have a multidimensional view of the universe and would have a completely different starting point than today´s science. We will get there soon but first this place must be cleansed from evil according to all prophecies(the reality seen in a forward time-space).

Just my two cents, no truth can be offered.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq

It is good that you believe in God but I am talking about an overall phenomenon in the world that atheism is exploding in general, moral standards are dropping down very fast.

The decline in moral standards has more to do with the proliferation of media and entertainment as more important industries than manufacture and mineral resource, which large portions of the western world subscribe to, many of them unwittingly. The increasing sexualisation of the young, and the explosion in the illicit drugs trade (which has been going on for decades I might add, and uses very OLD techniques to create its product) have far more to do with moral laxity than gluons, muons and quarks ever will.

I tried to explain that since science promotes evolution it automatically promotes atheism.

And while that may be your opinion, it does not mean that the statement you made is automatically correct.

If Gods did not create mankind then you already has denied religion - since all religions state that Gods created mankind.

So how can you say that science is not promoting atheism?

There is no suggestion in Evolution, that God could not be responsible for the chain of events that lead to mankinds existance. There is, in fact, evidence that human beings only came about because of a "chance" insertion of proto-DNA into the Earths biosphere in the early stages of its history, just after the most violent phase of geological instability had passed. Who might be responsible for that I wonder? Again, this is just another reason to marvel at the ingenuity of God.

Then also the foundation of all religions is to be a virtuous person and since science denies the existence of such a substance as virtue or karma it automatically pushes people into an atheist corner(b/c it does not want to concern or admit anything not measurable in this dimension). It does not matter if you behave in this or that way and all religions say you will create karma or sins when you behave in a sinful way - and the punishment will come after death.

Science does not DENY the existance of such a thing as virtue or karma. That is a bald faced, and complete fallacy at best, and an outright lie and propegandism on your part at worst. Science does not deny the existance of things that it cannot prove to exist. It can only state that it has no evidence to suggest thier existance. How a person interprets that is thier own affair, and it would be outrageous for a scientist to throw the wieght of his qualifications behind a statement which has no basis in recordable fact.

Besides which, virtue is a fact of the way a person lives ones life. It has no measurable substance, so scientists wouldnt actually have a whole lot to say about it anyway. Nor would they bother to comment much on karma, unless they were discussing the more esoteric branches of science, chaos theory for example. Chaos theory actually suggests that the merest action of any sort has unpredictable effects, which may or may not be apparant to the person whos actions have set of the series of events. In no way however, would any branch of science advocate the veiw that religions, virtue or karma are false, do not exist, or are not important. It has never, and will never happen.

We can easily see this phenomenon in the statistics of religion - fewer and fewer people believe in Gods and every kid is taught at school that man evolved from apes - this is terrible but facts. Almost no people go to church these days. They simply don´t believe in anything and there is a reason behind it - modern science.

What you say about church attendance is true, less people go to a place of worship than ever before. However, no where in the Bible, does it say that one must attend a purpose built place of worship. Jesus practiced his faith in the homes of friends and supporters, broke bread with them, and prayed with them before the Church as an organisation even existed. That is how I choose to worship also.

I agree that true science would have a multidimensional view of the universe and would have a completely different starting point than today´s science. We will get there soon but first this place must be cleansed from evil according to all prophecies(the reality seen in a forward time-space).

Care to explain this last part a little more clearly?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Care to explain this last part a little more clearly?

Yes I will try, what I mean is that our reality as seen with our fles eyes is just one single dimension in this endless Universe. As people cultivate(or those people with very good inborn quality from previous lifetimes) they will be able to see other dimensions during meditation.

As soon as you reach a certain high level(when you have let go of many human attachments and can really concentrate) and can enter into a certain time-space where time is far ahead of our time here you will be able to see the development of mankind from this point until the point in that dimension.

And the thing that can change the scenario is if people´s minds and actions improve down here. If they realize being human is not just about surviving for a few years, but instead returning to one´s true nature(assimilated to Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance) and one´s real home in a certain time-space dimension in the Universe - then all those predestined disasters can diminish.

Put in a simpler way, a human being is part of the Universe. If he wants to continue to stay alive in the Universe as long as the Universe stays alive - must he not assimilate to the characteristics of the Universe?

And that characteristic of the Universe Master Li has revealed to mankind when he made public Falun Dafa - Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance.

There is a city called Falun in Sweden, it was said ages ago in Falun city that there would be the greatest treasure coming to mankind from Falun city(in some versions when the local copper mine shut down - and it really happened in 1992). How could primitive ancient people know? They were more in line with the Universe and its nature and could enter into other time-spaces where time is far ahead of us in this time-space. That is why they knew all this. This is also exactly why the Great Red Dragon is said to persecute the good people in Revelation Book. The Chinese Communists have done exactly this as predestined. That is also why Nostradamus knew about July 1999 when the persecution started in China.

In this world there are good people and there are evil people. In higher dimensions it is the same and there are deities and demons etc. Those beings rule us in this dimension and since there was too much evil up there they made mankind follow a wicked path of atheism, materialism, sexual freedom, drugs, evolution theory etc etc to drag people down - how else could mankind change so quickly for worse in 50 years? This is called Ragnarök in Scandinavia(Doom of the Gods) when all living beings will be judged, in the Bible this is called Judgment Day.

What can be done in this situation to save people when they are so lost and the evil beings are trying to make them sin more and more so they can be weeded out?

My simple advice is to just try to be a good person in all respects(tolerate all people, good or bad) and try to follow Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance(Falun Dafa´s foundation) in daily life as well as respecting higher powers and their moral codes given to us ages ago. If you do that and at the same time you know that Falun Dafa is good - you will be fine because you are in line with the Universe.

Of course, there are some people with unforgiveable sins and huge karma and they will be cleansed during this process of the end times. After that process is finished there will be a new, beautiful world coming and people will know why they live - just like the prophecies foretell.

This multi-dimensional science is the future science of the world. This science has already been revealed in Falun Dafa´s scriptures. Every human being is tied to higher dimensions in the Universe.

Just my two cents, no truth can be offered.

PS: www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I see. If what you have said in this last post of yours, has been put clearly, then as I understand it, you have no problem with modern science. Your problem, is that modern science has more coverage than your new age belief system does.

Big deal. Life has problems, but we all get through it. I will leave you with this thought though...

Most of the terminology you use, would not exist without modern science. The fact that your idea which is not science but RELIGIOUS requires the use of scientific terminology (the word dimension for instance is only used properly when refering to the geometry of a shape or space after all, areas governed by science not faith) sort of kyboshes your argument about morality completely.

To my mind, faith and science are seperate to stop them comming into conflict. That is healthy. Science is a pursuit of man, and to worship any kind of science is self worship of a sort, a disasterously dangerous thing for the human spirit to pursue.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Basically, what religion states is no fantasy, it is just a higher form of science, just like Tesla, Newton and Einstein realized.

Except that religion says nothing of the sort. Nowhere in the Bible does it mention anything to do with multiple-dimensions, alternate realities, or anything related to quantum physics. What you're doing is co-opting something in science (things which are still very much DISPUTED in science I might add) and connecting it, with no reason at all, to something in religion. The same can be said of those who connect angels/demons with supposed alien beings and beg the question "what if they were the same thing?".

I skimmed through the link you provided and found numerous errors, but this one jumped out to me:

More than seventy percent of the human brain cannot be used, and modern medicine has also recognized this point. Why is it?

This is downright false and has been known to be an urban legend for decades upon decades. Why perpetuate the idea that we can only use a fraction of our brains when it's been provably false for so long? Have you never seen a brain-scan where they actually measure brain activity, huge areas are lit up, often multiple areas at once. Here, I'll let Bill Nye explain:

As to the idea that science promotes atheism I tend to disagree - and I'm an atheist. You're putting the cart before the horse. Science is a method that promotes skepticism and critical thinking and those two things, when applied to religious claims, often lead to atheism and agnosticism (the two are not mutually exclusive, most atheists are also agnostics)

All of this brings me to the last point, namely that science is method, an intellectual tool-set designed by humans to figure things out. For this reason the intentions of those wielding those tools, and those wielding the funding that drives the tool-wielders, are very important. Science can cure smallpox, but unfortunately it can also build atomic weapons. Knowledge itself is morally benign, neutral, it is in the application of that knowledge that morality comes into play.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Hebrews 11:3

"By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."

In my opinion the multi-verse is described in the Bible, every dimension is built by microscopic particles that form macroscopic particles. At each plane of existence you have another dimension. And the number of dimensions are countless. You will always have beings more microscopic than yourself ruling you from above and you can not see them - we just call them deities.

Knowledge itself is morally benign, neutral, it is in the application of that knowledge that morality comes into play.

As I see it. In a certain dimension or level(we call it cultivation level) there is a certain knowledge which is regarded as "truth" - but it is only the truth in that specific dimension. The more human attachments a person has the lower his mind nature level and dimensional level he can reach during meditation. That is why Buddha Sakyamuni said that he had never taught any Dharma(law). He understood that his truth at his specific level of cultivation is not the absolute truth of the Universe.

What I try to point out is that from the perspective of our single dimension - the human plane of existence between stars and molecules - how could the scientific truth of this single dimension be in line with the absolute truth of all dimensions in the whole Universe?

"Knowledge" or “scientific truth” in this dimension is something decided by the average mind nature level of the human beings here. If humans moral standards improve, humans scientific truths may rise higher since people are more in line with the Universe´s characteristics of Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. When people become better the Universe will let us know a bit higher truths and the realm of science can elevate a bit.

Since human moral standards were higher in ancient times, and their mind natures were much simpler, people were more in line with the Universe´s characteristics and hence they believed in higher truths(such as Gods, demons, ghosts etc and people could really see them during concentration) of the Universe.

So the current straying from the nature of the Universe is just reflected in this dimension as people becoming more and more atheistic, hedonistic and materialistic and hence the scientific truths fall to lower levels - even making the evolution theory into "science" and "truth". Now modern people even believe humans started out as water plants or algae.. “Whatever science says, I believe in it.”. Scientific truth is just a reflection of the human beings current mental state. If people lie a lot and cover up a lot, science will lie a lot and cover up a lot – our mind nature creates a material effect.

If seen from this perspective it is quite clear why modern people believe in modern science as an absolute truth of the Universe. They have no understanding of higher dimensions or higher truths anymore since their mind nature is against the nature of the Universe and they can only believe what they see with their flesh eyes. They believe science is abosolutely true and that scientific truth is controlled by human beings. People don´t believe Gods control human science or society´s development because they only believe in what they see. And rich people who build doomsday shelters etc don´t understand that no material thing in this dimension can withstand the power from a more microscopic and higher dimension.

There was a guy who once said that atheism is plain stupid from a mathematical perspective since we can not prove whether there are Gods or not. Hence, how can we reject Gods? Is it not common sense from a mathematical perspective? It is indeed!

That guy meant: I will never reject Gods since then I might suffer terrible losses. The best thing from a logical standpoint is to believe. Even if there was nothing after death you would not loose anything from believing. If there are Gods you might have disaster as an atheist. In every case the wise person will choose belief. He is better off statistically so he is wiser.

In any case, a human being can improve his mind nature level and that is why there is hope that many people will be able to raise their levels and save themselves now. I truly hope so.

Just my two cents, no truth from me.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I would say that Abrahamic religions have destroyed human morality. These people murder others because they believe in different imaginary things than they and bash people because some passages in their fairy tale books encourage this. Meanwhile, they ignore > 50% of the rules of their fairy tale books (e.g. I don't see many christians stoning women to death who fail to be virgins on their wedding night although the book commands it). Hypocrites! The sooner people realize that this is all there is to life, the faster we can start coexisting in peace.

edit on 4-5-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

As to the idea that science promotes atheism I tend to disagree - and I'm an atheist. You're putting the cart before the horse. Science is a method that promotes skepticism and critical thinking and those two things, when applied to religious claims, often lead to atheism and agnosticism (the two are not mutually exclusive, most atheists are also agnostics)

Falun Dafa says that the characteristics of the Universe is Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. You say that science promotes "scepticism" and "critical thinking" which lead to atheism. As I see it the mental state of a scepticist/rationalist/atheist is that he "measures" something and he refutes somehting if he can not get a measurable result. If he can not measure something he will drop the whole thing and say he does not believe in anything not measurable.

In that case, is he not limited to a one-dimensional thinking? How could he ever hope to break through this dimension and se higher truths beyond this dimension? He is trapped in this material reality.

And if there is a psychic person who can foresee things from other dimensions(ie find lost items, find criminals etc), and even if these people are correct 80% of the times and can see many things that come true - he will deny it and say it is a mere coincidence. If there is a prophecy that came true after 1000 years he will say it is a coincidence too.

Who has the potential to improve his wisdom? The sceptic or the openminded person?

Religion states that man is the crown of the creation and that man has the potential to become a deity if he improves himself. Is that not a huge statement that should be investigated seriously?

In any case, if someone does not believe in anything and he laughs at religion or Falun Dafa etc, is that rational behaviour when he never tried to practice or study these things by himself?

How can an ordinary human being who has never practiced any form of cultivation have any opinion about Gods non-existence? At the very least, he should say that he never denies the existence of Gods because he does not have a clue about their existence and he fears that religion is correct and hence he tries to behave well so he does not risk his own future.

Falun Dafa states that a human being is tied to the universe´s other dimensions and that we have bodies in many other dimensions, the many world´s theory from quantum mechanics say the same thing.

To check whether these statements are correct one must study the theory and practice the exercises. Only then can he have a real perspective on these matters. So the openminded, positive person has a huge advantage since he will try it out and he will find it interesting since the statements are incredibly exciting.

When he hears about these things he will say: "I believe this can be true and I will check it immediately because I have no idea when I will get a chance to practice cultivation again. I might pass away tomorrow and then the chance is gone."

Just my two cents, no truth can be offered from me..

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

PS: Prophecies stated since thousands of years that stars will disappear during the end times and the sky will become dark. What is happening now? Stars disappear

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If he can not measure something he will drop the whole thing and say he does not believe in anything not measurable.

In that case, is he not limited to a one-dimensional thinking? How could he ever hope to break through this dimension and se higher truths beyond this dimension? He is trapped in this material reality.

On what grounds do you declare something to be a "higher truth"? It's just your silly opinion and is not backed up anything. I can just as well say that the highest truth is that a gigantic albino rhino took a crap one day and thus the Universe was born. It's just as much the truth as your falunwhatever. This is why science doesn't care about such things..
edit on 4-5-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I find it increasingly disturbing, that rather than defending morality with your position, you are bastardising entire works of holy scripture by muddying the waters of that which is written, by inserting science into it. Science and faith are seperate for a very good reason, and that is, to add to the scripture is blasphemy, and to put a holy spin on a cleanly logical system such as science is to remove its lack of bias.

The whole standpoint from which you make your statements is horrifically flawed. If you utterly negate the benifits of either the scientific or the spiritual, by mingling them together, you will end up the worse off.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by Gaussq

Science and religion aren't inherently incompatible. Why are you trying to make it so?

I am not making it incompatible, it is just that many atheists make them incompatible by saying everything they can not see is superstition..

If this were the case, air or gravity wouldn't exist. There's more to science than just seeing and believing. Your correlation between science, atheism, and morality is weak. Religion isn't the backbone of morality (I wonder what gave you that idea?), without religion, we would have world peace...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

every dimension is built by microscopic particles that form macroscopic particles.

Except that the verse you posted says nothing of the sort. What it describes is God creating via sheer will, in that he simply commands things to come into existence. This is a description of something supernatural, which is the opposite of scientific. Willing things into existence with a command is impossible, unless God is using some untold technology to do so, or some inherited natural genetic ability of his species to bend time and space to his own will but then that would require God to have a source, a cause, or even an evolutionary lineage.

The more human attachments a person has the lower his mind nature level and dimensional level he can reach during meditation.

This is meaningless new age woo woo.

Since human moral standards were higher in ancient times

Just a few behaviors that mankind once practiced in a widespread fashion that have been slowly weeded out by the progression of society:

- Human sacrifice to various gods/kings
- Animal Sacrifice to various gods/kings (still practiced in some places unfortunately)
- Slavery
- Treating women as mere property
- Treating children as mere property (and child labor)

It may not come as a surprise that most of these behaviors are endorsed by the Bible.

Hence, how can we reject Gods?

Atheists do not, out of hand, reject the possibility that God's exist. Most atheists are agnostics, meaning we have enough intellectual honesty to admit we don't know for certain whether there are any deities out there. What I do know is that rejecting Gods is something every human being on this planet practices on a daily basis, be it rejecting Zeus, Thor, Shiva, or Jesus Christ all believers and non-believers reject at least one, if not thousands, of gods. No one is arguing that atheism regarding Zeus is stupid, because we know that Zeus does not exist, just as we know that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

The door is still open to the possibility of gods existing but if there is anything that we might want to call a god out there I would suspect it is stranger than anything our anthropocentric mythologies have dreamed up over the centuries.

Who has the potential to improve his wisdom? The sceptic or the openminded person?

This is a trick question. For the skeptic questions everything and thus is both the most open to changing his mind and the most cautious about doing so.

Prophecies stated since thousands of years that stars will disappear during the end times and the sky will become dark. What is happening now?

Stars explode all the time. There are 100 billion stars in our galaxy, some are older than our sun, some are less stable than our sun, is it surprising that we should find some of them exploding into supernovas? The reason why so many ancient prophecies tell of falling stars is because of the belief that the stars were fixed upon a great dome called the firmament. It was believed that they could actually fall to Earth, there is even reference to this in Revelations. Is it surprising that prophecies of the end-times contained predictions of catastrophic events rather than friendly happy ones? Prophecies mention storms and plagues as well, do you know why, because those are BAD THINGS, the kinds of things that you would EXPECT from the END OF THE WORLD, yet they are also commonplace disasters that mankind has survived time and time again.

So thus far you've shown no reasons to think that modern science has destroyed morality.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
religion is what destroys morality, not modern science maybe abuse of modern science but not intrinsically, like religion as based on myths stories not proofs.

because to create stories of God finally speaking with one select human after human being around for 100,000 years and telling humans to kill each other for XYZ differences

is the epitome of immoral - and leads to self destruct of the human race, too.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I tried to suggest that the realm of science is a reflection of the level of humankind´s morality and mind nature - hence the current level of human science is extremely low and one-dimensional. And as I see it religion is a higher form of science - not understandable to most modern people. And the realm of monks and priests is reflected by the actions of the priests and monks...

Since 2000 years have passed people don´t understand old religions anymore and now instead we have Falun Dafa which can finally explain all the age-old mysteries of the multiverse by integrating modern science with the science of the human body. And Master Li Hongzhi of Falun Dafa has laid down that the highest characteristics of the Universe is Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance.

So in order to stay alive longterm in the Universe everyone must first assimilate themselves to this characteristics in their daily lives - since humans are a part of the Universe. Who rules mankind and who is strong? Mankind or the Universe? Who makes the rules for human lifestyle? The Universe or mankind? Are Gods not the messengers of the Universe? They gave us culture, taught morality, the difference between good and evil etc. It is just that during the last 50 years we rejected the 5000 years before that. How can it be a coincidence? Is it not said that good and bad Gods shall battle it out at the end of times?

To say it bluntly, mankind has no power whatsoever, when Gods decide to rectify this place there is nothing that mankind can do to stop it. Was there not a flood in ancient times? Because people became bad this place was cleansed and only a few good people survived.

Any modern person has two paths laid out before him, one is to return to traditional moral standards and become a good person with truthfulness-compassion-tolerance as guidelines in their daily lives. And to respect higher powers and believe in their innate compassion to us.

And if people know Falun Dafa superficially and that it promotes goodness and that it teaches the future way of this world - that person will be saved for the future.

Just my two cents.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Do you acknowledge that what you do not see really exists? Has science not confirmed that the more microscopic a particle is the more powerful it is? Ie alfa, beta, gamma rays. So, if a God wants to create a human being and he is built of atoms it is like building a Kindergarten toy of of clay to create a human being and it is done so easily effortlessly. He has energy and we have no energy.

What I say is that since other time-spaces have their own living beings and their own material existence, how can it be realistic to say that Zeus and other historic Gods are a myth? Is it not a one-dimensional thinking revealing itself again?

How can someone sit in this dimension talk about higher dimensions without ever having seen any other dimension? I am not saying people don´t have the right to do it, I just mean that I find the statement revealing.

I wish everyone all the best in the future and hope they can become good people with faith in higher beings.

Just my two cents.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Faun Dafa is good

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And for those people who find the multiverse intriguing and interesting they should read the most popular book worldwide which deals with all the ancient secrets of being human and the meaning of human life, supernormal powers, how to become a good person etc etc. This book is for free and can be downloaded here in English, it is called Zhuan Falun:

www.falundafa.org...

I wish you all the best in the future.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Einstein was not a religious man. He referred to "God" often, but it was not a religious god he was referring to. He used that word in a strictly scientific sense. His god was the god of science and physics and referred to the elusive unified theory.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Snausage

Are there not many Gods in this Universe? According to Sakyamuni they are countless and in one grain of sand there is 3000 worlds in the microcosm.

What Einstein talked about was the divine and the divine can exist in countless forms at countless levels.

Just my two cents.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join