It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An important question for Ron Paul supporters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I will admit that I have been deeply distrustful and suspicious, where Ron Paul is concerned. I have seen the electorate lied to, again, and again, and again.

However, I am prepared at this point to give Dr. Paul the benefit of the doubt, and to at least vaguely entertain the possibility that he may be sincere and legitimate.

My next question for his supporters, therefore, would be to ask; assuming that he wins, how are you going to prevent him from being assassinated, almost as soon as he takes office?

If Paul is sincere in his stated policies, the cabal will not tolerate his Presidency. They have already demonstrated a willingness to remove inconvenient Presidents, on at least three occasions within the country's history.

If you are genuinely expecting to see Dr. Paul assume Presidential office, you are going to have to start thinking very seriously about how you intend to keep him alive, once he enters the White House.
edit on 30-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Even his detractors say that he is consistent and not easily manipulated, and damn near impossible to play "politics" with.(As though its a bad thing...) It really means nothing to me either way, but I actually got the impression he was one of the straightest shooting politicians to come along in eons.

Does that make me a supporter?

Personally, I think a number of people would and possibly have gone to great lengths to keep him out. Whether or not he could even do much, lame duck, no support, if he was there...

If he did make it to the white house, I think people might change who they are interested in future rounds. You might see people start caring again.

People tend to lose that motivation after they are lied to repeatedly, or falsely believe in some change, etc.

All Paul has to do is get elected. That's it. He could sit four years on the toilet after that...
edit on 30-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Ron Paul sure is getting some serious support!...Finally!!!
Shouldnt be long now before some sort of false scandal is created by TPTB to discredit him, 10 points for anyone who can guess the scandal. My guess is he is a leader of the KKK, lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I fear for him too if he gets elected. Good thing he's almost dead anyway

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You got it all wrong. Ron Paul doesn't have to worry about being assassinated when he's in office.

The people who HAVE to worry are any would-be senators or congressmen/women that make it a sticking point during their campaigns that they are pledging to support President Paul in "reforming (or taking back) the Republican party" or if they use any of the same words he uses to insinuate that they intend on supporting him.

Take a look at President Obama's election. Just after he was elected, the Republican party leadership made it clear from the get-go that their goal was to make him a 1-term president. The lack of support has led to his controversial record with overriding Congress and numerous executive orders. It doesn't matter if he felt it necessary or not, it doesn't look good for a President to override Congress so much.

Ron Paul has big ideas. He wants to get a lot done. If he lacks the support in the legislative branch to get things done, who knows how much he actually can accomplish? If TPTB are so committed to keeping Ron Paul out of office and they fail, they won't try to have him killed. Mr and Ms up-and-coming politician who believes in the message of the revolution will be the ones getting death threats, having their family put in danger. The threats might even extend to established politicians who begin to "see the light".

Who's in the most danger? Probably Ron Paul's vice-president, who becomes the commander in chief if Mr Paul should shuffle off this mortal coil.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think most Ron Paul supporters feelings can be expressed by Vito Corleone/ Marlin Brando's words from The Godfather.

But I'm a superstitious man -- and if some unlucky accident should befall him, if he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell. or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning -- then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room.

movieimage5.tripod.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Paul is more dangerous dead than alive, even now! His supporters are somewhat fanatical and his message strikes a chord in with the youth. If he died under any kind of mysterious circumstance then he would be martyred and his message would grow out of control.

If they keep him alive they have a chance to discredit him, scandalize him (as they've tried before), and they can always deadlock him against the Congress and make sure he doesn't get anything done.

They won't kill him, that is a tinderbox they don't want to ignite.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is why the bankers have always controlled the Praetorian Guard.

Washington DC, the alien city-state that rules America, isn't very different from Ancient Rome. Beginning to end.
edit on 30-4-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That man will never be elected.
It is not meant to be.

edit on 2012/4/30 by Another10Pin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I think we should cross that bridge if and when we come to it. Speculation about Ron Paul's assassination isn't really productive.

On the other hand, I would DARE 'them' to attempt it. If it looked like the Government had any hand in his death, forgive me for saying so, but blood would run in the streets.

You can count on it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Another10Pin
It is not meant to be.

I'm getting real tired of hearing that while the man has defied all odds to get to where he is a present moment.

It's getting really really old FAST.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

It is not meant to be.

I'm getting real tired of hearing that while the man has defied all odds to get to where he is a present moment.

My apologies to you. But it won't change the fact the he is not going to be elected. I am even going to vote for the man, as I want this entire process to speed along to it's inevitable conclusion. But I am in a minority, same as you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It is not meant to be.

My apologies to you. But it won't change the fact the he is not going to be elected. I am even going to vote for the man, as I want this entire process to speed along to it's inevitable conclusion. But I am in a minority, same as you.

It's any wonder we get anywhere with defeatist attitudes such as yours. But alas, we've come this far. I wonder how much further we could have gotten without sentiments such as yours as the dead weight we have to carry around our legs and necks.

Glad you're voting for Paul but I get tired of the defeatist attitude. You might be 'right' in theory, but we just don't need the pessimism right now. Ron Paul is making gains like crazy on delegates. Santorum and GIngrich are out. It's just Romney, Obama, and Paul... a three way race.

Now isn't the time to slack off on support. We gotta buck up and man up, especially now more than ever.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It is not meant to be.

It's any wonder we get anywhere with defeatist attitudes such as yours. But alas, we've come this far. I wonder how much further we could have gotten without sentiments such as yours as the dead weight we have to carry around our legs and necks.

Glad you're voting for Paul but I get tired of the defeatist attitude. You might be 'right' in theory, but we just don't need the pessimism right now. Ron Paul is making gains like crazy on delegates. Santorum and GIngrich are out. It's just Romney, Obama, and Paul... a three way race.

Now isn't the time to slack off on support. We gotta buck up and man up, especially now more than ever.

You have misunderstood the intent of my statement. But not to worry, I feel the same about you as you do about me. Conversation over.

new topics

top topics

join