It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing UFO 27th April 2012 ISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
As simply as I can put it, what the hell is this? Whatever it is, it changes direction several times (and it isn't the camera focusing/moving, as well as sitting stationary). This footage was taken directly from live feed on the 27th April and imo, it's pretty impressive as this isn't space junk.

Couple of questions for the resident experts, is it possible for space debris to do this? And, if it isn't, what other explanations do you offer?

The object appears from the bottom left, makes a short journey upwards, and then stops. It stays in this position for roughly 4 minutes, and then vanishes. (part of the video was sped up....the part where its just sitting there as it made it a smaller file to upload)

I'm not gonna claim aliens as the poster hints at, but this is certainly something weird to me, unless any realistic theories are offered.

edit on 30-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I think the object itself doesnt move... its the camera...
Second line

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoomer72
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I think the object itself doesnt move... its the camera...
Second line

I disagree mate, the object even stops and the camera isn't moving at that point. Additionally, the final segment, is the object moving away or did the crew on board, turn the lights out?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The way I see it...

It is another object in orbit, somewhat near to the ISS.

At the start, the camera operator notices it, and zooms and pans to get the object in frame.
The first 1 minute is the camera operator moving the camera. Its joystick controlled. Left / right / up / down.

From 1:05 to 2:55 the camera does not move, but the object drifts in relation to the camera.

From 2:55 onward, the ISS and the object move into the earths shadow. Cant see it anymore, because its now in shadow.

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Couple of questions for the resident experts, is it possible for space debris to do this?

Absolutely.
This is exactly how it would behave if it was debris off the ISS.
Thats why its the most obvious answer.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think it's the camera as well. I know one of those capsule things just docked with the ISS a few days ago, is it possible it undocked already? It looks like it's moving away from the station whatever it is.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Here's his latest video, from today

Published on Apr 30, 2012 by rob19791
3 UFO's appeared on the ISS live feed on 30th april 2012. I was up today just watching when these 3 objects appeared in quick succession. I overlaid the images, which reveal a triangle formation.

I have no opinion

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's moving pretty fast at the start and then it slows down, before stopping, or moving directly away from the camera, hence the fading away. Seems pretty definitive to me.

Another thing, isn't it amazing how camera quality is improving every day here on earth, yet in space it seems like it's getting worse.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

As simply as I can put it, what the hell is this?

I tried to post the following note on youtube,

Please post the TIME as well as DATE of such videos so it can be compared with known ISS activity. When you don't do this, it looks like you are HIDING something to make the video look sexier.

...and got this message:

! You have been blocked by the owner of this video.

A simple check with the ISS actvity log, here
www.nasa.gov...
results in

TMA-22 (#232) undocked from the MRM2 (Mini Research Module 2) Poisk nadir port this morning at 4:18am EDT

My presumption is that the poster refused to provide the time of the video, and blocked me from posting, to keep his target audience misinformed.

Maybe somebody ELSE not YET blocked could put up a note about this on the youtube link -- and see how long it remains up before it too is deleted by the poster.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Maybe you're just a better debunker than he is at explaining the technicals, or maybe he's had a lot of people like you ask him questions.
Who knows?

If we are to accept this is genuine, what is your explanation?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by JimOberg

Maybe you're just a better debunker than he is at explaining the technicals, or maybe he's had a lot of people like you ask him questions.
Who knows?

If we are to accept this is genuine, what is your explanation?

Well, remember the old Lincoln-Douglas debate witticism:

Lincoln: If I call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?

What's YOUR answer? -- then i'll give you Douglas's.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
These craft fly high above us in micro-gravity surrounded (basically) by a dust cloud of trash (paint chips, ice particles, etc). Those of us on the ground that don't understand the basics of how things work in such environments are susceptible to seeing things like this and reaching for any explanation other than the most obvious (because the most obvious is too mundane or boring perhaps?) I wish I didn't understand things as well as I do, so I can be all dough-eyed and awe struck by things like this. Life would be so much more exciting.

I was like you once. I thought every spot, every light, anything....was something other than mundane. Life was exciting then. The more I got into this subject, the more I started to educate myself about the very evidence that I was excited about. I wish I didn't bother. Life was way more exciting when I was ignorant.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hello all ... Please do not brush this video off so soon, for i may have seen it from my position here on EARTH friday night ...

I have never been one to make claims (as most of you know), and i full on know the difference between a plane (from the right or wrong perspective), and a satellite ... In fact, satellite spotting is one of my favorite hobbies ... I like to spot the satellite FIRST, and then track it to see which one it is ... fun fun fun i tell you...

Here is my account....

At approximately 9:30, on Friday night, i saw what i thought was a satellite approaching from the northwest, and heading toward the southeast .... My rough location is Middle Georgia, USA...

I say satellite, but to be honest with you all, this was by far the BRIGHTEST (or largest) i had ever seen (out of hundreds of confirmed satellite sightings)...

For a few seconds, it's brightness (or size) made me question it's altitude ...

I ran in to get the wife and teenage boys so they could have a look ... THEY hate this part ... Why? ... Because the satellite (or space station) is soooooooo far away and soooooooo tiny that by the time i drag them all outside, it's hard for them to gain sight of it moving amongst the stars, and in fact sometimes i lose track of it myself if i have to take my eyes off of it ... They usually get to spot one out of every five that i call them outside to witness ...

Such was not the case last Friday night ... I run in and say "Hey, you guys, hurry up", and i move directly back outside ... The 'satellite' maintained a constant speed that from my perspective could be comparable to a commercial airliner ...

One of my boys says "Dad, why is it so bright this time?" .... I go into how it's sooooooo high up that even though it's night time on the surface of the earth, the satellite is high enough to reflect the sun's light ... All the while i'm explaining this, it just didn't make much sense ... It was so BRIGHT, and i have seen hundreds of satellites ...

While i was going into my spiel, trying to explain the brightness away, the 'satellite' appeared to tumble a little, and then it glinted out ... Not like a light switch, but not like a fade either ... I explained this away as it tumbling onto its side and now it was reflecting light from its other side away from us ...

Even as i said it, trying to explain things the best i could to my teenage sons, it didn't sit well with me ...

When i track satellites (CONFIRMED SATELLITES), i watch them until they're out of RANGE...i watch them come in from one side, and usually watch them for about 2 minutes while they slooooooooowly make their way across the ENTIRE night sky ... They never wink out ...

And while i have successfully tracked hundreds of confirmed satellites, i've never seen 'space junk' or 'ice crystals' from my earth bound location ...

This video from the ISS shows EXACTLY what i saw from the ground on the same date of this video ...

I would like to know the TIME the video was taken, and the ISS's position at the time of this video ...

Again, my time, date and location are:

Central, Georgia, USA, 9:30p.m. EST, 04 / 27 / 2012 Myself, My wife, and two sons, 14 and 13 were witness...

This one shouldn't be counted out so early...
edit on 30-4-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

As simply as I can put it, what the hell is this?

I tried to post the following note on youtube,

Please post the TIME as well as DATE of such videos so it can be compared with known ISS activity. When you don't do this, it looks like you are HIDING something to make the video look sexier.

...and got this message:

! You have been blocked by the owner of this video.

A simple check with the ISS actvity log, here
www.nasa.gov...
results in

TMA-22 (#232) undocked from the MRM2 (Mini Research Module 2) Poisk nadir port this morning at 4:18am EDT

My presumption is that the poster refused to provide the time of the video, and blocked me from posting, to keep his target audience misinformed.

Maybe somebody ELSE not YET blocked could put up a note about this on the youtube link -- and see how long it remains up before it too is deleted by the poster.

I have commented something similar to what you posted. We will see what happens with that.

top topics

join