It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

You are pure consciousness now. However, there is a belief that you are a human being in time. Thinking creates the illusion of 'things', thinking is 'thinging'. You in time creates the illusion that you are a 'thing'. When really you are are never outside of now. The past or future you is the separate 'thing' that never was and never will be.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You are pure consciousness now. However, there is a belief that you are a human being in time. Thinking creates the illusion of 'things', thinking is 'thinging'. You in time creates the illusion that you are a 'thing'. When really you are are never outside of now. The past or future you is the separate 'thing' that never was and never will be.

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and around and around and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud. And it's fun - for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question; is this real? Or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, and they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because... this is just a ride.""
~ Bill Hicks

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

edit on 5/4/2012 by jiggerj because: No idea what happened to this post

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Our perceptions are our worst enemy. How can we trust our eye sight gives an honest interpretation of the outside environment, or how do we know that the sound our ears give us are the real sounds of the world. Same goes for touch, taste and smell.

I wonder how the real world really looks? Bursting beams of light and energy, technicolor aura's surrounding every living thing. Everything could be upside down or back to front.

What if I am the only one here. What if right now I am writing to myself. I could be in some serious denial about being here all alone. Creating all these illusions around me so that I don't have to face the fact that I'm here in a place that I've always been, and destined to be forever alone.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The most disturbing thing for me, what I find most depressing, is that the big majority of people around this rock don't ask those questions. They are like flies living their existence, unconscious of being conscious, unaware of being aware.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join