It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Out of the earth grew the grain, the baker made bread out of it, the store sold it and i bought it.
Now it has been lying on a plate for 3 weeks and mold have emerged.
A whole new life on that bread, i listen en the questions they ask themself is why am i here? what is the purpose? it's their job to clean just like bacteria does with animal material.
One mold thread came with an answer, we are awareness, the others said, "ohh ok thats nice, so what is the purpose of being awareness?"
Others felt that they were part of something greater, there must be more than this, who created us? there must be a creator, so their god was born and the mold became religious, others did not believe it, they simply thought to themself that they should honour the bread that fed them as it is the mother out of which the mold was born.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Thanks for your post. I think it's a good story.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
Out of the earth grew the grain, the baker made bread out of it, the store sold it and i bought it.
A whole new life on that bread, i listen en the questions they ask themself is why am i here? what is the purpose? it's their job to clean just like bacteria does with animal material.
One mold thread came with an answer, we are awareness, the others said, "ohh ok thats nice, so what is the purpose of being awareness?"
Others felt that they were part of something greater, there must be more than this, who created us? there must be a creator, so their god was born and the mold became religious, others did not believe it, they simply thought to themself that they should honour the bread that fed them as it is the mother out of which the mold was born.

True story. But it was pasta sauce, not bread.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by B0Bthrob
It all seems so accidental to me, but why is there something instead of nothing?

That's the thing that always bothers me. How does everything come from nothing? Where did those gases come from? How would those gases exist if there was no universe? What were they contained in? They must have had to exist somewhere before the universe. But where? Why were they around?

I think I'm about to have a stroke.

To understand any of it, you have to stop thinking that material existence is what it seems to be when you look at it, touch it, pick it up, and toss it around. The only reason that it seems to be what it is, is that you're perceiving it (that means seeing it, feeling it, experiencing it) from the perspective of a self-aware mind that perceives itself as also being material and completely solid.

We all know that we're not actually solid (we are clusters of cells and they are clusters of molecules and those are clusters of atoms and those are clusters of subatomic particles) and that the bits and pieces that we're made of are separated by much larger expanses of open space. But viscerally we don't sense ourselves as being clouds of bits and pieces. We touch our hands and they're solid as everything around us. And, yeah, they are, which is the point here. It's all clouds of bits and pieces, and it's all in constant change from instant to instant, just as we are. Like downtown rush hour traffic. One whole event that is made up of countless smaller events that are happening and changing everything from instant to instant, as the entire event (the rush hour traffic event) continues as the one event that it is. Your life is like that umbrella event, and all the cells and molecules and atoms and moments from "now" until "now" and then on to the next "now" are all contributions to that one lifelong umbrella event that is the material you.

Google "holon theory". It'll help you a lot with trying to conceptualize this.

Of course, being human, it doesn't end when your body and brain shuts down for good, but that's enough for this thread topic.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

i think your avatar says it all,

by the way i just love fractals,
edit on 30/4/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

but to be honest im out of my depth on this one
edit on 30/4/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Eliminate god from your evaluation, reset, and reconsider. Where does that leave you?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

^^ This explains it all.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

We're just life experiencing itself.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We are a link in an infinite chaotic chain of random events and collisions. Life is an accident and coincidence of some of these events. If the big bang was indeed a massive explosion, it would cause the universe to be sensitive to initial conditions . In chaos theory, sensitivity to initial conditions means that each point in such a system is arbitrarily closely approximated by other points with significantly different future trajectories (from wikipedia). So in other words, everything produced by the big bang, and every event following the big bang would be chaotic, arbitrary and random.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
So in other words, everything produced by the big bang, and every event following the big bang would be chaotic, arbitrary and random.

Interesting then the universe's proclivity towards increasing order, complexity and balance/harmony..

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I dont know about you but me personally I am made of sugar and spice and everything nice and maybe a pinch of glitter just too add some pazazz!.

I have no idea my friend but just love to think of all the possibilities. Please don't tell me if you figure it out tough.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We are conscious energy driving bags of meat.

I drive my car, Im not my car.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
We are energy which I call spirit. We are in these bodies to experience things and do things. What we are supposed to do: your guess is as good as mine
I know that I am here to work out past crimes I've done whether in this lifetime or previous ones. It seems like karma comes very fast on me. I've complained since I was a teen that everyone else can do all kinds of things but I'm caught and punished as soon as I do the same thing they did
Not fair!!!! I understand now that it was never meant for me to do these things continually that's why it was stopped immediately as soon as I did it. I now consider it a blessing not a curse. We are spirit. We don't die. We are supposed to choose good. We are supposed to help and love others no matter what they look like whether they be plant, animal, ET or human. We are supposed to turn negative to positive. we are supposed to turn violence to peace. If we die trying, so be it. This is the way of God as he has shown it to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
So in other words, everything produced by the big bang, and every event following the big bang would be chaotic, arbitrary and random.

Interesting then the universe's proclivity towards increasing order, complexity and balance/harmony..

...is an accident and a result of arbitrariness.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
When you say, "What are we?", I know what you really mean to ask is "What are our forms?" The answer is, it can't be answered by asking. It can't be answered by thinking or searching. What our forms are can only be known by seeing.

Our forms are a creative image. To understand the creation, you have to view it. Thoughts about the creation occur only when the object of thought has passed. It no longer exists as the image. The image is under constant change, or growth. So what it is today, it won't be tomorrow. The only way to understand the image, the form, is to see it presently. Focus all your mind on seeing. Don't think about it, just see it, just be it.

Words like, "human", "matter", and "energy" bring up mental imagery that is different from the actual image in question. I know you want to know, "What is this image?". In truth, it can't be defined, only experienced. Check my signature.

There is no solid answer to your question. We are an ever-changing creative mystery.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Op this is a good thread that requires a lot of study that is based off perception. A lot of posters are throwing out good suggestions....

For me.... Fractals of light is what i think we are.....riding a wave that never ends.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
I'm not much of a thread writer so ill keep it simple.

What the hell are we? Lately I've been looking at the sky and thinking wtf is all this about? Why is there even a universe? What contains our universe? Then to make it even harder, we only have OUR perception of THIS universe to go off.

This crazy crap show is on tv called the voice, and I'm wondering if this is what god intend's us to do and how to live? Then I think god is probably just as aware of us as we are of the individual biological systems in our own bodies. Maybe we are a fungi growing on god's toe's or somthing of the equivalent in his universe.

Does anyone know much about size and how it affects time? Because if we want to know the answer to the biggest mystery, What are we? We need to enlarge our box that we think in.

I'm mainly interested in other people's opion's about the bigger picture. Can the TRUTH be discovered?

We overcomplicate it because we don't want to believe this reality is it.

It's very simple. Go outside. See an ant. Step on the ant. That's what we are, no more, no less.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Wisdom comes not from achieving knowledge, but seeking knowledge. This thing that we are, past the frail impermanence and the mask of our persona lies something you could never see, touch, know, give a name to, or describe in any amount of detail. Will you ever know what you really are? No. But the more important question is, will you ever really know what you are in relation to everything else?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'm not much of a thread writer so ill keep it simple.

OK, I'll keep it simple also. We, and I speak of Humanity here, are a product of an Extraterrestrial Race of beings that the one who are even aware of them, have never seen them. We have been externally, and internally, in a direct Genetic DNA level way, altered at least 18 times since the 1940s. Is has been speculated that our Souls are what "they" (some say 18 different species) are interested in, but it is not know whether these beings help us in a Spiritual way, of trap us in a Matrix of created, artificial reality that is so real we believe it, and live within it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join