It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another reason to not drink soft drinks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
My wife just recently decided to start taking V B12. I told her about the different types of B12 and to avoid cyanocobalamin (That is another story). She went with methylcobalamin (Good choice). Not trusting my recommendations she checked with our daughter. She said I was right and cyano was a bad way to go. She also recommended that my wife take it with vitamin D. I once again jumped in and told my wife make sure it is D3. She did some web searches and had my run to Lassen’s to get both. Later I took both as she did and I developed a headache. No stranger to headaches I plugged though it and did not give it a second thought. The next day I took another D3 (in olive oil), as I have not been getting out in the sun as much as I should, and bam another headache. I thought this was not good so I did web searches for D3 headaches and found that having low magnesium will cause this reaction. So on day three back to lassen’s for magnesium (magnesium malate). I took one daily dose in the morning (three pills) and another pill midday. In the evening I took another pill with the D3. No headache. And in 3 days on both the magnesium and D3 no headaches (I usually have two a week), my upper back pain is gone, and my hip pain that I have had for a decade is also gone. Doctors could not find a problem with the hip so I had resigned myself to live with it. Also low magnesium will cause high blood pressure (I have been fighting this one for 4 years). Now I will not stop what I was doing for my other aches and pains but it is looking as if magnesium deficiency has been a problem I have had for some time. This did not make sense to me as I eat a lot of stuff that has the element in it. Almonds, leafy green veggies, and more. Well it turns out that one thing that causes magnesium to be eliminated from the body is phosphoric acid. Yes the same as in almost every soda. It seems that all these years as a pepsiholic has come back to bight me in the arse. I will stay on the magnesium for awhile and off the soda for ever now and hope this good feeling continues. Thanks for the time you spent reading this.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Most soils used today have been denuded of their essential mineral elements (magnesium being one) due to over use. Have your iodine levels checked as well. Most people on western junk food have very low iodine...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This is great and all, but I don't find the connection to soft drinks.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The connection is the phosphoric acid it the soft drinks that causes you body to eliminate the magnesium. The more you drink the less magnesium you have in you body.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

His last two or three sentences explain that. The one thing that causes magnesium to be eliminated from the body is phosphoric acid. Yes the same as in almost every soda.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Drink Gatorade then, its a sport drink full of magnesium. Twice as expensive as Pepsi though.
Powerade contains magnesium too but not as much as Gatorade.

ETA: Powerade is made by CocaCola but the magnesium is only 0.6mg per 100ml.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

I find this information incredibly useful and I might start taking magnesium now. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Perhaps it's simply late and my reading comprehension is suffering, I don't see that mentioned anywhere in your thread.

Nevermind, I see it now, at the very end. Normally the title is tied in a bit sooner than that, not a complaint just an observation. On a side note I suffer from chronic migraines, wish magnesium could cure me.

I never drink soda. Disgusting stuff.
edit on 30-4-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Great stuff leaving the fizz! There is nothing good in any of those.

Interestingly, (for the ladies especially) I suffered from very bad PMS a couple of years ago. Became extremely moody, headache, tearful and overwhelmed. My local health store recomended Magnesium. Unbelievable! Within one cycle, the PMS was totally gone! It was like a miracle.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
thanks i don't trust supplements anymore... who know where this or that batch came from and what chemicals it was secretly adulterated with, including carcinogenic dyes, filters, etc

its quite scary some people even take megadoses in the GRAMS of some of these supplements just because they are "waters soluble" - theres still the issue of if theres trace adulterants, the more megadose the more stresson the liver, kidneys or the more carcinogenic over the years of daily megadoses of anything less than perfectly pure usp grade actually.

love seltzer water but not sweetened/flavored soft drinks. thanks for the natural sources, they also support alkaline diet - whereas soda just fosters acidity and cancerous/disease conditions.

do we need selenium, strontium or molybedum? i'm thinking of coral/reef supplements now heh

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Interesting stuff! So what's your take on Colloidal Silver?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Good to know! Now when my friends pick on me for refusing to drink soda (haven't had one in years) I can give them the excuse of protecting my magnesium levels!

I just always figured that something so sweet and fizzy had to be bad for you!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

look up magnesium chloride in google.

magnesium deficiancy is implicated in many health issues.

to get maximum benefit you need to take magnesium chloride hexahydrate 5 grams a day (600 milligrams) ,vitamin d 4000 to 8000 i.u,vitamin c 200 mg and vitamin k 1mg as per research on vitamin d council website.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Get the nutrients from your diet. If you can, grow your own organic fruit and veg.

BTW - How could you, when you're patently so interested in maintaining good health, possible have ever ruined it all by consuming large quantities of pepsi? (uurgh)

A further word of warning...high doses of vitamin c are carcinogenic ...vitamin d will increase osteoporosis in women and much worse if you happen to be a smoker...vitamin d and smoking will CAUSE lung cancer.

ETA Women who drink just one can of cola a day will also cause osteoporosis.
edit on 30-4-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hi, "soft drinks" fans.

Do some researches on the fact that there
is "fire retardant" in soft drinks ! !

We/I did not do the search because we eat/drink "organic" only ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Interesting stuff! So what's your take on Colloidal Silver?

Colloidal Silver is very interesting. I would not take it as a daily thing. I would add it in when I thought that I had a bacterial or viral infection. I have not found a good source of it yet and am not so sure on the "ionized, make your own". Up side is that it helps or cures some things that nothing else will touch. Example morgellons disease and shingles. the disease that it kills will also not form immunities to it. On the down side it is a indiscriminate killer of bacteria including the required bacteria in your gut. After taking it your digestion will be low for some time until you get this fauna back up to proper levels.
edit on 30/4/12 by remembering because: (no reason given)

top topics

join