It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccines Have Been Based on Medical Fraud for Over a Hundred Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.medicalnewstoday.com...
Infant Vaccines Produce Autism Symptoms In New Primate Study By University Of Pittsburgh Scientists

New Study just gave baby chimps autism via vaccines.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

I remember when i took my child to the first doctor appointment at around 6 months of age. At the time the child was very plump and healthy, had not yet had a cold of any kind....was still breast fed etc. The doctor advised the standard course of vaccines to which i responded i was going to wait a while (not wanting an outright confrontation at that point).

At the next appointment a few months later same routine. My child had the physical....all the benchmarks were said to have been met or exceeded...again in super good health and everything great. Again the vaccine talk...again i said i wanted to wait. This time the doctors tone was quite different....I was told many horror stories of what can happen if a child gets one of the diseases the vaccines prevent. At one point the doctor used tetanus as an example and said that every one who gets it dies. I was a little shocked by that statement so i re stated that back to the doc as a question "there is a 100 percent mortality rate of those who get tetanus?'. The answer was an affirmative 'yes'.

Now, this was no hole in the wall practice. Its at least a two or three doctor childrens practice and both the times i went the waiting room was filled with kids, at least half of whom were coughing or visibly sick (something that bothered me a little bit). Naturally after this conversation i went home and did my dutiful fact checking and found out that tetanus related deaths are nowhere near 100 percent with modern medicine. Now, thats not to say that there arent serious complications and perhaps life long scars associated with getting it....but thats besides the point. I asked the doctor to stand by their false statement and they did so with enthusiasm and self assurance.

For those who are in favor of vaccines and redicule those who either question them or are fully against them: i wonder why you bother since the tone you often take wont do anything to educate, convince or otherwise win someone over...it seems more often to be a diatribe originating from some place selfish or an enjoyment of just tearing down rather than building up.

For those who have questions about vaccines all i can do is encourage you to become as completely educated on every bit of minutia as you can so that you can fully own your decision and leave as few regrets as possible. The decision to vaccinate or not i dont think can ever be one made that gives total peace of mind....for as a caring and loving parent you will always have 'what if's' and second guessing of yourself. Thats where arming yourself with as much knowledge as possible comes in.

As for me and my decision about my child.....they are now a year and a half old....so far no vaccines at all....my child has had 3 colds, one which was a little bit serious (upper respiratory congestion) but got over it in less than a quarter of the time it took me. My child was breast fed until 16 months of age, has a great appetite, started eating solids at around 8 months (before was exclusively breast fed). I dont shelter my child from the world.....we ride public transportation frequently, shop at all kinds of stores where often my child falls down or touches the dirty ground and then promptly sucks the fingers clean, we play at playgrounds and attend events where there are lots of other children coughing and sick or what have you.....in short my child is fully immersed in the world around us and so far so good (i am not smug about this, just thankful that so far nothing bad has happened).

some might say we are merely benefitting from herd immunity....and i cannot entirely disregard that argument since it may be true (im not an immunologist). However since there are plenty of peer review studies and papers that show that many outbreaks happen among vaccinated groups i feel that my decision is about as risky as those who choose to vaccinate.

I wish the scientific community and large corporations would fund large scale studies that were above reproach showing the full gammut of issues relating to control groups of vaccinated and unvaccinated. Seems to me that if you make a product you should stand behind it....and thats not something most if not all vaccine makers will do. That by itself should bother any critical thinker. Besides that, if there are really no detrimental effects to vaccines it seems reasonable that any serious long term studies would do nothing but shore up scientific support for that claim. But we all have seen how interested big pharma and government is in conducting those kinds of studies.....and that weighs heavily in my decision making.

good luck all

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratsinacage
reply to post by notquiteright

I remember when i took my child to the first doctor appointment at around 6 months of age. At the time the child was very plump and healthy, had not yet had a cold of any kind....was still breast fed etc. The doctor advised the standard course of vaccines to which i responded i was going to wait a while (not wanting an outright confrontation at that point).

At the next appointment a few months later same routine. My child had the physical....all the benchmarks were said to have been met or exceeded...again in super good health and everything great. Again the vaccine talk...again i said i wanted to wait. This time the doctors tone was quite different....I was told many horror stories of what can happen if a child gets one of the diseases the vaccines prevent. At one point the doctor used tetanus as an example and said that every one who gets it dies. I was a little shocked by that statement so i re stated that back to the doc as a question "there is a 100 percent mortality rate of those who get tetanus?'. The answer was an affirmative 'yes'.

Now, this was no hole in the wall practice. Its at least a two or three doctor childrens practice and both the times i went the waiting room was filled with kids, at least half of whom were coughing or visibly sick (something that bothered me a little bit). Naturally after this conversation i went home and did my dutiful fact checking and found out that tetanus related deaths are nowhere near 100 percent with modern medicine. Now, thats not to say that there arent serious complications and perhaps life long scars associated with getting it....but thats besides the point. I asked the doctor to stand by their false statement and they did so with enthusiasm and self assurance.

For those who are in favor of vaccines and redicule those who either question them or are fully against them: i wonder why you bother since the tone you often take wont do anything to educate, convince or otherwise win someone over...it seems more often to be a diatribe originating from some place selfish or an enjoyment of just tearing down rather than building up.

For those who have questions about vaccines all i can do is encourage you to become as completely educated on every bit of minutia as you can so that you can fully own your decision and leave as few regrets as possible. The decision to vaccinate or not i dont think can ever be one made that gives total peace of mind....for as a caring and loving parent you will always have 'what if's' and second guessing of yourself. Thats where arming yourself with as much knowledge as possible comes in.

As for me and my decision about my child.....they are now a year and a half old....so far no vaccines at all....my child has had 3 colds, one which was a little bit serious (upper respiratory congestion) but got over it in less than a quarter of the time it took me. My child was breast fed until 16 months of age, has a great appetite, started eating solids at around 8 months (before was exclusively breast fed). I dont shelter my child from the world.....we ride public transportation frequently, shop at all kinds of stores where often my child falls down or touches the dirty ground and then promptly sucks the fingers clean, we play at playgrounds and attend events where there are lots of other children coughing and sick or what have you.....in short my child is fully immersed in the world around us and so far so good (i am not smug about this, just thankful that so far nothing bad has happened).

some might say we are merely benefitting from herd immunity....and i cannot entirely disregard that argument since it may be true (im not an immunologist). However since there are plenty of peer review studies and papers that show that many outbreaks happen among vaccinated groups i feel that my decision is about as risky as those who choose to vaccinate.

I wish the scientific community and large corporations would fund large scale studies that were above reproach showing the full gammut of issues relating to control groups of vaccinated and unvaccinated. Seems to me that if you make a product you should stand behind it....and thats not something most if not all vaccine makers will do. That by itself should bother any critical thinker. Besides that, if there are really no detrimental effects to vaccines it seems reasonable that any serious long term studies would do nothing but shore up scientific support for that claim. But we all have seen how interested big pharma and government is in conducting those kinds of studies.....and that weighs heavily in my decision making.

good luck all

That was a great first post. Glad you shared your thoughts here.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What?? Heres the bottom line. If you believe vaccines work then by all means have yourself injected with every vaccine you think is appropriate. Now by your level of understanding on vaccines you should now be immune to all the things you have just been vaccinated for.

So why in the hell does it matter to you if i dont want myself or my children to have these same vaccines injected? If myself or my children catch measles or polio are you not protected from our afflictions???? And if not... then whats the point? Having someone wipe their gene pool away because they are of a different stance than you on a certain topic is just totally assinine.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ratsinacage

What a first comment! Well done! Excellent approach and advice! My son is now 5 moths old a vaccine free! Like you say sometimes self doubt can slip in and research is the cure for that. Personally I'd rather take my chances with nature than to take the chance with people trying to sell something and make a profit!

Our son is fit and healthy and doing really well!

A friend of mine has a 1 year old, he had 5 vaccines in 1 day! He was really sick from it, nasty rash and lost his balance and coordination. He's getting better now but what hidden damage has been done? Who knows and that is what worries me! The boys mother felt bad for doing that to her son!

In my opinion vaccinating undermines our bodies own system to fight off infection and disease. Hope all is well and good luck with everything. Your post gave me encouragement and validation. I do a lot of research into everything and I don't see how injecting a concoction of metals and foreign DNA on top of the thing you are trying to prevent (even a weaker version) can help.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well to be completely forthcoming im not entirely against all vaccines. I think if one were travelling to parts of africa or some other destination where exotic diseases that can liquify your internal organs in a matter of days could be easily acquired one would be foolish to pass on that vaccine. Additionally i think there are some we probably will get for my child when we are ready, tetanus being one of them.

i am really in favor of stripping away the over wrought emotion and appearance of what seems to be some peoples attempt at showing intellectual superiority in the discussion of the issue. None of us has anything to fear from objective facts, if they are available. How the facts are cherry picked and portrayed is often what muddies the waters, and thats a shame but part and parcel to most issues.

by the way this may be my first post under this screenname but ive been an active member before under another name a few years ago but decided to take a more relaxed and non participatory approach to ATS for a while. Now im back and ready to give my input and hopefully be civil and relevant the whole time.

as to those who have not or choose not to vaccinate....does anyone know if there is an online gathering place or repository of first hand information one can browse? Ive always thought a specifically vax free website which consists primarily of first hand information would be invaluable to the decision making process.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

This study is not new. It's from 2008 and his highly flawed. Not to mention that it seems to actually be a study originally done by Andrew Wakefield that was passed on to one of his proteges after he was found guilty of fabricating results.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

regarding your friends son and the bad reaction he had and your comment about the unseen or internal damage he may have suffered in addition to what was obvious on the outside......this is something i have thought about a great deal....knowing that the development of the mind....the extremely subtle nature of every aspect of it...the personality, the character, talent, intelligence, spiritual inclination and the list goes on and on.....

how do the substances in vaccines, and indeed our environment shape that wondrous and delicate process? i shudder to think of even what i might have been had i been spared many of the chemicals i have been dosed with during my life.

only now is the mainstream becoming aware of how serious many of the additives and chemicals in our environment our. We have seen BPA free, and 'pink slime' free become pop culture sales and marketing trends in the mainstream.....and i hope this is only the beginning. Normally i am a pretty pessimistic person when it comes to thinking about the direction humanity is headed.....but these and other recent trends in the consciousness of the masses gives me just a little more hope than i used to have......

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes and also how do all these chemicals react once they are all in the system TOGETHER, is that even tested? I highly doubt it. We are told that during the first few years of a childs life it is the most important developmental stage for the brain amongst other things. So how can injecting neurotoxins be a good thing?

It actually surprised me that my friends partner was so forthcoming about describing her sons reaction, I thought she would be too ashamed and hide what had happened. But who knows their child better than the mother? She said outright his balance had gotten worse. Well to me this can only be one of two things. Something damaged his inner ear, or something had damaged his brain! What else could it be?

His rash was pretty bad and 4 weeks later he still has it, in fact they went back to the doctors recently and was given more cream. He was being really sick, apparently he was physically sick not long after the injection. How can this be a good thing? However I do realize everyone reacts differently to different things.

On a side note while my partner was pregnant her iron levels dipped and she was called into the docs. They gave her ferrous fumerate (iron tablets). I asked the doc what was in it. He didn't know! Is that not negligence? He also said to me with surprise "You don't want drugs?" Really he said that! lol I said "no, not really!" I told him it was my opinion that the health industry panders to the pharma industry and he told me that they do not get drugs from pharma anymore! I mean WOW! So I guess he gets them from big dave? Anyway I went home and looked on drugs.com about the iron pills. On there it said that "it is not known whether they are harmful to an unborn baby"... How on earth can I trust someone like that? He is a liar and a fraud in my opinion!

Check out channel 4 food hospital. They had some amazing results with all types of illnesses.

To me the whole medical industry is not to be trusted.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Unity_99

This study is not new. It's from 2008 and his highly flawed. Not to mention that it seems to actually be a study originally done by Andrew Wakefield that was passed on to one of his proteges after he was found guilty of fabricating results.

You seem quite determined to further smear Dr. Wakefield and anyone else involved with this study. One wonders why.

Sorry to disappoint, but of the concerted attempts to discredit at least three of the doctors involved in this research, Dr. Wakefield is the only one not yet exonerated - yet. But he has filed suit against them and I, for one, hope he comes out of the court room owning Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, James Murdoch's little empire, as well as BMJ. Oh, and I guess we can throw in the Wall St. Journal for good measure. As for Brian Deer, he should be drummed out of journalism, period.

www.ageofautism.com...

British Medical Journal Forced to Publish Letter about Merck Conflict after Age of Autism Campaign

By John Stone

BMJ have been forced in a humiliating climb-down to publish a letter in its on-line columns pointing to BMJ Groups relationship with MMR manufacturer Merck in the context of its attack on Andrew Wakefield earlier this year (HERE ). The articles by Brian Deer re-cycled allegations first published in the Sunday Times in 2009 shortly after proprietor James Murdoch was appointed to the board of another MMR manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline.

For more: www.ageofautism.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Having a child makes this particular topic much more personal, doesn't it?. It's one thing to make choices for yourself regarding these sorts of things, but when you are responsible for the well being of your child, it's hard to sift through each side to know what is right. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
So why in the hell does it matter to you if i dont want myself or my children to have these same vaccines injected? If myself or my children catch measles or polio are you not protected from our afflictions???? And if not... then whats the point?

Again what I posted back on page one - the only people claiming the "100 percent effective" bogus strawman argument are the ANTI-vaccine people.
Anyone actually familiar with vaccines know they are not 100 percent effective and nobody has ever claimed them to be so. Therefore,a vaccinated person hanging about in a group of non-vaccinated people *IS* at a higher risk.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Vaccines damage the immune system, the vaccinated are more at risk no matter who they hang around

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Retikx
So why in the hell does it matter to you if i dont want myself or my children to have these same vaccines injected? If myself or my children catch measles or polio are you not protected from our afflictions???? And if not... then whats the point?

Again what I posted back on page one - the only people claiming the "100 percent effective" bogus strawman argument are the ANTI-vaccine people.
Anyone actually familiar with vaccines know they are not 100 percent effective and nobody has ever claimed them to be so. Therefore,a vaccinated person hanging about in a group of non-vaccinated people *IS* at a higher risk.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join