It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pretty sure this building is going to collapse - Sharjah Skyscraper!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Truthers, for some reason, believe that thermal expansion is a new phenomenon. Critical thinkers, I would assume, use the overpass as an example as to how thermal expansion works with steel.

No, your "critical thinkers" were saying that the overpass collapsed due to the strength of the steel. Not thermal expansion.

It was the "truthers" who had to school the "critical thinkers".

Try a search on the old threads if you don't believe me.

Here's one you can read......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Fire Weakens Steel To Collapse SF Bridge"

Critical thinkers my arse.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

So it didn't collapse? How can that be?

Here's a little video about other skyscrapers that cooked for many hours...

It makes more of a point about building 7's collapse vs these structures.

In an open-air office fire such as that at WTC (called a "dirty burn") kerosene or any hydrocarbon will burn at around 500-700degrees Fahrenheit. The FEMA report on 911 said that the jet fuel burned off after a few minutes and the fires from the office furniture and carpets were about 560 degrees. The special structural steel of the WTC has over 98% of its strength at those temperatures, and the WTC was built to hold 5 times its load.

www.911weknow.com...

I'm still waiting for my wood stove and barbecue grill outside to turn to dust and melt under the intense heat. That steel isn't even close to the quality used for those towers, yet my grill and stove are doing great after many many years of constant use.

**Can I get a mod to edit the title from Dubai to Sharjah?
I don't want to mislead anyone further on the specific location of this fire, I had bad info at the time of posting the title. Thanks.

edit on 30-4-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Just my thoughts on this...but if that tower were burning from the inside out, and the top down triggered by thousands of pounds of Jet fuel across at least 2 floors and straight down the central core of the building itself......

Why, if all those things were true...I believe you're right. That tower would be in the process of failure.

I'm awfully glad for Dubai and the people who live or work in that tower that it wasn't actually hit by an airliner flying at over 600 Miles an hour and loaded to Full with JP Fuel.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

that quote was from the future, mate.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I'm still waiting for my wood stove and barbecue grill outside to turn to dust and melt under the intense heat.

So, your grill is 100's of stories tall, was hit by a jet going aprox 550 MPH, was built in the mid 70's, and was doused with tons of jet fuel "A"? You are a true innovator, a real idea man aren't you?

Again you are holding a cucumber while comparing apples to oranges. Please stop as you make my "common sense" hurt.

Dorian Soran
edit on 30-4-2012 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DorianSoran

it is fascinating how debunkers are very keen on details... when it suits them. lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Originally posted by Danbones
well at least you spelled crap correctly hooper
unlike the wtc nothing to see here move along folks move along

Hopper doesn't cut steel for a living, he's a expert
edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

How do you know what I do for a living?

while i don't know what you do for living, i have good indication of what you don't:
none of the people i have worked with in demolition cutting steel agree with you

not to mention you would would have said so in the myriad posts that you have made..
you have sited much less firsthand reasons for your opinions instead.

I am sure you earn your keep somehow

edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Neat film.
I do not buy the OS on 911 as there are too many discrepancies between what some folks say to be truths.
However I will truly never know.
What would be a neat thing to see, if any government or coalition of truthers with alot of cash to blow could do...
Build a replica full size of one of the towers and remotely fly a jet into it and let it go, see how long it takes for the building to pulverize itself.
But, I really do not see this happening as I am sure if a country decided to see, the US would find an AlQuaeda cell there and have to invade the country.

But with a few million I guess we could get a real good idea of what is true and what is not.
Any countries out there reading this?
Get to building please.

(Edit)
Actually some of the cash could be recouped with advertising and film rights.
I would watch a documentary on a replica.
edit on 30-4-2012 by g146541 because: evil advertising used for good.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for my wood stove and barbecue grill outside to turn to dust and melt under the intense heat. That steel isn't even close to the quality used for those towers, yet my grill and stove are doing great after many many years of constant use.

Are you still drunk

How much weight is on top of your stove/grill

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
well said G14
all the truthers want is the truth
if the OS was true...it would be proven to them too
and so far
well...
not so far

while they are at it could thjey do the Uturn bullet thing form the Kennedy assassination too?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DorianSoran

So, your grill is 100's of stories tall, was hit by a jet going aprox 550 MPH, was built in the mid 70's, and was doused with tons of jet fuel "A"? You are a true innovator, a real idea man aren't you?

It's about 5 feet tall. Was hit by a baseball bat, a ladder falling, some bricks from an old chimney, tree branches fell on it during storms, and I've set off 1/4 stick of dynomite inside it before. It's pretty durable, and no signs of melting or weakened steel.

The jet fuel "burned up" after a few minutes after impact. Have you read that part before?
Those fires burned cool compared to an oxygen fed fire going for hours.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

thats the kind of statement that even makes OSsers cringe
stop you are making it difficult to maintain the OS

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
and I've set off 1/4 stick of dynomite inside it before.

REALLY? Are you sure. Do you know the difference between a "quarter stick of dynamite and a "quarter stick" (M80/firecracker)?

If you HAD actually set off a QUARTER STICK of dynamite in your grill, we wouldnt be talking about your grill in the present tense at this time.

Quarter Stick is a generic term used to describe a large firecracker that falls within a certain range of dimensions. Typically, a Quarter Stick consists of a thick walled cardboard tube containing approximately .97 oz. of pyrotechnic flash powder, with a short length of Visco fuse protruding from the side or end of the device. No true standard for dimensions and construction exists, as these devices are products of bootleg manufacturers.

The term "Quarter Stick" is based on attempts to compare the performance of large firecrackers to Dynamite. However, these notions are false, and unlike what is suggested by the name, a Quarter Stick firecracker does not have the same explosive performance as a quarter stick of Dynamite, and does not contain Nitroglycerin like dynamite does.

In the United States, Quarter Sticks and similar large firecrackers are illegal to manufacture or possess without a BATFE High Explosives Manufacturing License.

They are sometimes colloquially known as, M-1000 or "block busters".

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We can talk about fire, jet fuel, and steel structures and draw comparisons, which imo don't fly if the burning building is not hit by a jumbo jet, all day.

The point is, I can believe that a building might collapse after a hit by a jumbojet and potentially weakened steel, but for it to fall straight down and to destroy the lower part of the structure that was completely intact is just impossible.

If the part above the impact zone only, tipped over and it had collapsed covering the entire area, I could've maybe believed it.

But for the whole building to go more or less straight down with every part of the structure that had always carried the rest off the building, still intact, would be impossible without aid.
edit on 30-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

The point is, I can believe that a building might collapse after a hit by a jumbojet and potentialyy weakened steel, but for it to fall straight down and to destroy the lower part of the structure that was completely intact is just impossible.

Not if you understand the way it was built.

WTC was not built in the traditional method. WTC was not rigid enough to topple.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My question to the debunkers is do you support a real investigation into the events of 9/11? We can talk in circles till the cows come home, but are you all truly interested in what REALLY happened? I think one thing all the truthers would agree on is a full, complete, independent, investigation into 9/11. So...???

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

while i don't know what you do for living, i have good indication of what you don't:
none of the people i have worked with in demolition cutting steel agree with you

Agree with me about what? I don't remember saying anything about demolition and cutting steel. But I could be wrong.

not to mention you would would have said so in the myriad posts that you have made..
you have sited much less firsthand reasons for your opinions instead.

So either I do or I do not have first hand knowledge about demolition means and methods - I guess it all depends on whether or not its convenient to the aspirations of your theory.

I am sure you earn your keep somehow

I am sure too.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

its 40 stories.
reply to post by yourmaker

Hmm, about the same size as Building 7, which did not even catch fire and still collapsed... yea this building is doomed

edit on 30-4-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join