It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dad's UFO Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hey guys I'm new here, and have been interested in UFOs and aliens ever since i got told this story from my dad. He told it to me when I was about 12 and im 19 now and can't stop thinking about it. I'm sure you guys might find this story interesting.
-

When my dad was like 13 years old (he's 48 now) he went to France from Belgium to stay with his friend for like a week. During the holiday, one night, him, his friend and his friend's parents went to restaurant for dinner. When they got out from the restaurant people were pointing at the sky. They realized they were pointing to a UFO. My dad remembered it being oval, bright white light and making no sound, he doesn't recall seeing any other details. It was floating still, and it was about a mile distance ahead of him and about a mile above the ground. He couldn't see any details from the UFO other than just a bright light. After 5 minutes of floating still, it just shot away up in the sky at a diagonal angle until they couldn't see it any more. It was very fast almost like speed of light.

They were shocked, and by the way my dad's friend's dad was a colonel in the military who saw this as well.
That's all my dad could remember, I tried to ask him for more details but he remembers nothing but that, he couldn't remember if it was in the news or whatever the day after.

I'm going to ask my dad to contact that friend to see if the friend knows anything more, although they haven't seen each other since.

This was a true story my dad told me. That's how I got more interested in UFO's and aliens.

Opinions please or similar experience like this?
edit on 30-4-2012 by cybersk8er because: grammer

edit on 30-4-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er

Welcome to ATS. There are many people here who have had this type of experience. Try doing a search and you will find many interesting accounts.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS.
If you click on Forums and UFOs you'll find more posts on the UFO topic than you might expect.

I urge you to browse through and familiarize yourself with the HOAX bin where many UFO accounts that are proven hoaxes are put as a matter of convenience.
Additionally, there's a large portion of threads not in the HOAX bin that have been thoroughly debunked as misidentification of known terrestrial phenomenon.

Most UFO videos are either mis-identified, or hoaxes. Before camping out on Youtube looking at UFO videos, please, once again, to avoid being fooled, look through the HOAX bin.

Best of luck.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to reading a lot of interesting threads and posts.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Forgot to mention, it was a clear Summer night, with no clouds at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Welcome to ATS.
If you click on Forums and UFOs you'll find more posts on the UFO topic than you might expect.

Yes, there are quite a few good threads here dealing with very interesting and unexplained UFO reports over the years -the NICAP chronologies are also well worth a look.

NICAP Chronologies

Originally posted by Druscilla

Additionally, there's a large portion of threads not in the HOAX bin that have been thoroughly debunked as misidentification of known terrestrial phenomenon.

There are also a large number of threads describing very interesting cases that receive very little traffic from 'UFO debunkers' - I also think it's fair to say many of the official explanations for specific cases deserve to go in the hoax bin..

Link

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The last time I heard of people in a parking lot pointing up to UFOs was in a
Conspiracy Conference that some one brought along night vision goggles and
verified a beam above the ship.

I don't think UFOs got to UFO Conferences due to all the deniers and the infiltration
of agents in the cover up conspiracy. So not recognizing the conspiracy might be
the reason but just my train of thought.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. It's the best.
Your dads story is interesting. I do wonder if it was in the news being so many observed it. S+F

You've received some good information on researching in this site. Yes, there are a number of threads that have been debunked as miss identifications. Many of those supposedly "debunked" cases that haven't made it to the hoax bin, haven't because they weren't proven to be hoaxes. A debunker can't prove you've miss identified something unless they were there to observe it with you. Alot of folks on here reply to threads basically saying that people can't identify airplanes or chinese lanterns. Its a lot to search through and a lot of information to digest. Hopefully your interest is persistent enough to keep you engaged in filtering through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Just use good judgment when you see that someone has 'debunked' a video or someones personal experience.
Hope you keep the interest. Its an important subject and can't always be easily explained or proven mundane.
Karl12 says it all here and I feel it must be restated:

I also think it's fair to say many of the official explanations for specific cases deserve to go in the hoax bin..

TXML

new topics

top topics

join