It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Billionaire plans to build "Titanic II"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
An absolute waste of money..I'm sure there are many charity's in Australia that could use the cash, "no" lets build a big dumb boat.

Disgusting in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's a great idea and one that will make him a SHIPLOAD of money. The average payback for a ship is like 4 years so he'll probably be booked till it's paid for anyway then take it out and sink it next to the other

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Titanic 2? If the second ship is going to be anything like the second movie......then forget it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
He lied about Bob Brown and his cia links it was all BS to deflect media attention.

He knows something is up this year and he's fleeing a sinking ship trying to make his name better before it all goes down. That is all I will say for now.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
If im a billionaire by then, im gonna hurl an iceberg right in front of it... Idiots

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lee63

Perhaps he could have seats for all the so called self serving charity's on his new boat and if we are really lucky all the treasonous Australian politicians could have seats on it as well and if God really exists he could sink all the clowns in one hit including the mining billionaire who has been allowed to rape my country. Wouldn't that be a great day for Australia, his epic boat could save my country, but we all know that ant going to happen unfortunately.
edit on 1-5-2012 by marsend because: typo

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm with the crowd saying "this is absolutely vile and disgusting"

all those billions of dollars and there gonna goto waste on what? A big dumb toy boat for big dumb rich jerks to play on and brag about?

You can tell who the thinkers on ATS are and who the sheeple are.

Just look how people reacted to this post.

Ooooo, ahhhh, cool, he gonna build new big boat, wooey, neato! = sheeple

This is an absolute outrage! Can't believe this billionaire turd! = People denying ignorance, the ones who are Awake

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Wow, this is great news!
The titanic spirit is well and truly back on the agenda!
Think on it, in 1912 the western world was in full swing, big dreams and the world as an oyster!
Hopefully we'll be seeing that spirit return once again

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
All the millions of starving, homeless and abused children, including those sold into sexual slavery in the world, and this guy with his Billions, wants another toy boat for his collection.

This is utterly conspicuously despicable, and totally repugnant where such wealth could be used to help the world as opposed to building a big new toy replica for people that have the scratch to play with and brag about.

booo on this guy.

If I had this guy's bank account, I'd be supplying impoverished areas around the globe with clean, renewable energy solutions, and be doing everything I could to end the suffering, exploitation, and slavery of others.

I'm with you girl. Why is it that most people who acquire great wealth lose their IQ in direct proportion to increases in bank account? To look at the state of the world, knowing you have the money to offset some of its injustices, then say" I'm going to build a boat to play with instead " just smacks of narcissism and the true contempt these assholes have for all of humanity. And this prick wants to run for parliament? If democracy truly works then this fool should never have a whiff of a chance ... yet they all seem to get in.

edit on 30-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't trust billionaires. I wouldn't go if I were you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

It's hardly reaching for the stars is it? creating a luxury cruise liner is not breaking new barriers or issuing in a new era of global development.

I hope it sinks and we get the movie Titanic 2.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I know China has the capacity to build large hulk container and iron ore ships which do the job well and I know they build smaller river cruise ships in the yangtze river and Three Gorges. , I spoke to a guy from COSCO shipping who works in the ship building department, When I asked him how to you sign off on ships at the yard, he said just have a walk around and sign the papers.
But I cannot find any large cruise ship being built in China.
On the other side for Clive, he aviods alot of the political union bullcrap that surrounds the yards in other countries, Here in China just pay the money, let the whip crack.
But on the other end I am 90% sure they will stuff it up, not saying it will be completly their fault, I fear it will be a gap in cultures between the designers and builders, idea's, methods, ect. "our idea was better la" sort of thing.
They will be building it from Bulk Carrier experience not from a cruiseliner way, so I think the standards will be quite different to what he and they expect. Companies over here always say "yes, yes, yes" to any request at first, hell you could even ask a whitegoods supplier to build you a plane with an instant yes at first.
So don't be surprised if it's got a section on it for shipping containers.

edit on 4-5-2012 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

But this "Titanic II" will be an exact replica of the original. I think however third steerage will be made to look nicer than what they were on titanic, but nevertheless it will be the same all the way down to the tablecloths.

Then that is not an exact replica now is it?

Modern accommodations...Changing the way steerage looks....Not quite exactly the same. Therefore, not an exact replica.

edit on 20-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join