It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I'm not gonna get into the whole argument of who is worse, because it's pointless. Just lets not forget that it is the right-wing Republican Christians who ROUTINELY attack gay people, and have done for decades. And you think that one anti-bullying campaign group being supported by the president is a sign of the rise of Nazism?

This is a guy who was giving a presentation on bullying.

And people like yourself turn it around because he acted like a (oh what's the term) bully, towards the people he was presenting to.

Liberal logic.

It makes me giggle.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by xuenchen

Dan Savage is a gay activist who pushes back...
Well shame on him, eh?

He was talking to school kids about bullies fer christs sake!

*facepalm*

You people just don't get it!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is so ridiculous. Dan Savage last week was giving a speech and began talking about the Bible and how there's other things that are in the Bible that we no longer practice today so why do Christians continue to act as if homosexuality is an abomination? At that point some students started walking out and I don't think he handled it very well because he said two (yes a whole two) curse words.

How that got turned into him bullying Christians I will never understand, I would even say that those Christian students bullied him by walking out, that was extremely rude and delivers quite an emotional punch.

I'm so sick of the Religious Right, they're destroying our society. They're more like nazi's than Christians.

Oh and breitbart.com is a deplorable site, shame on anyone who believes that tripe.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Blissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blissed

So you take a story about a gay activist who bullied some teenagers and turn it into a bash on christians?

I bet you can't wait to crucify- oops, you're not "roman" by any chance, are you?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Since I don't know much about Savage or his outfit, I will rely on your opinions.

And then knowing you, you'll take others' opinions and state them as fact as you did in the OP.

Talk about opinionated journalism. If there's anything worse than having no knowledge of a subject you're talking about it's taking other peoples' opinions as fact and making an entire thread about it. Grow your own buddy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Learn what you're talking about before you start talking. You sound like you're in a foreign country trying to mix it up with the locals.

Please try not to take offense at this video for it's real world sensibilities. Nobody's being a "bully" here

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Show me how he bullied those students. Isn't it the Right that's always complaining about people being too sensitive? LOL

Just for the record, I don't bash or hate Christians, but the Religious Right wouldn't know true Christianity and would probably lock Jesus up as a dissident should He ever return.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

He isn't Anti-Christian, he is Anti-Christian hypocrisy. You want to point to Leviticus to condemn homosexuality? Well then you better also pass on that lobster dinner, oh don't wear polyester either, and don't you even think about cutting your hair or shaving... lest you go to hell.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The homosexual lifestyle is a sin! I accept people choosing to
live that lifestyle.I will never accept homosexuality being taught
to children as an acceptable lifestyle choice!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by RealSpoke
OMG!~@~ Better not support those evil homosexuals
/sarcasm

I'm sure you, Democrats and Obama would ber just as supportive of someone attacking Muslims and Islam.

What is that even supposed to mean? I forgot you knew me?

The last time I checked Obama supported the Libyan war which killed a ton of Muslims. He also supports the drone attacks on Muslims in multiple Muslim countries.

Even though I'm not even sure what your comment had to do with this thread.
edit on 30-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Judging others is also a sin.
Hell is going to be full!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Here is the thing. It is about as much of a choice as you being born (I assume) straight. It is as much of a choice as being born with blue eyes or attached earlobes.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Blissed

I am not judging,just pointing a few issues out into the open!
If G-d believes that I am falsely judging others,He will punish me
for it!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Who knew the Westboro Baptist Church were Catholics?

Second

Meh

If they were Catholic then why is it called a Baptist Church? Is there any point to your post?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You should probably listen to Jesus (assuming you're Christian). This is how he feels about humans judging others on sexual sin.

Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. 3The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. 5Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” 6This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”]]

esv.scripturetext.com...
edit on 30-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blissed
This is so ridiculous. Dan Savage last week was giving a speech and began talking about the Bible and how there's other things that are in the Bible that we no longer practice today so why do Christians continue to act as if homosexuality is an abomination? At that point some students started walking out and I don't think he handled it very well because he said two (yes a whole two) curse words.

How that got turned into him bullying Christians I will never understand, I would even say that those Christian students bullied him by walking out, that was extremely rude and delivers quite an emotional punch.

I'm so sick of the Religious Right, they're destroying our society. They're more like nazi's than Christians.

Oh and breitbart.com is a deplorable site, shame on anyone who believes that tripe.

When someone speaks out about Christians then the Christians will see it as bullying. If people cannot defend their faith when it is questioned then they have very little faith.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

He's not anti christian....
He just has a problem with christians who follow some of the rules but not all of them.

And people said he had an agenda.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

When someone speaks out about Christians then the Christians will see it as bullying. If people cannot defend their faith when it is questioned then they have very little faith.

Fine. Get weasel-boy Savage on ATS. I'll debate him. It won't be as much fun for him as slamming some high school kids, and I can assure you he'll be the one leaving in tears!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If Leviticus says...

* Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Then we can say homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of The Lord.

But, Leviticus also says...

1And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,

2Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.

3Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

4Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

5And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

6And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

7And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

8Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Why aren't pork and bacon eaters treated the same way as homosexuals? The Lord says that to eat swine is an abomination. He makes no indications of which sins are greater or lesser than others. Why do Christians give weight of sin when God does not?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

They're mad because it puts hypocritical christians in the spotlight for once. They hate it when it moves from the muslims and on to them....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Did you watch the video?

He didn't slam anyone of those kids. He was pointing out flaws in some christians thoughts, using language I'm sure all those "children" are accustomed to.

But no you're right he was calling them names- oh how christians are soooo prosecuted in todays world... /end sarcasm.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join