It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

What is bad about this?

It's the same thing that's wrong with this:

Everyone deserves to be respected for who they are. I pledge to spread this message to my friends, family and neighbors. I'll speak up against hate and intolerance whenever I see it, at school and at work. I'll provide hope for lesbian, gay, bi, trans and other bullied teens by letting them know that "It Gets Better.
Source
The videos you posted, and the above "pledge", all indicate a preference for a particular group of victims. They also seem to deny that members of the gay community are capable of being bullies.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

That's just not true. That's like saying that everyone in the civil rights movement only cared about minorities and felt minorities were incapable of being racist themselves.

The pledge itself even says;

I'll speak up against hate and intolerance whenever I see it

and other bullied teens

But yeah, the organization is geared towards young gay bully victims, but what does that matter? That's like saying that a sexual abuse victim organization is bad because it doesn't focus on every other form of abuse.

edit on 30-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Sorry,my friend.

NO Community Organizer,would say these things. No one,none of those who I believe in,IE; Gandhi,Mandela,Dr. King,would utter words like this.

In 2006, Savage said that Green Party Senate candidate Carl Romanelli, who was running against Democrat Bob Casey (the eventual winner), “should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there’s nothing left but the rope.” Casey was so offended he refused Savage’s campaign donations.

Connected to a pledge like this?

I'll speak up against hate and intolerance whenever I see it

Sorry,but backing ANYTHING this man says,leaves those with ALL the dirt,he has connected to him.
I distance myself,from idiots like this.There are better people,who can deliver ANY message he says,or comes up with.
edit on 30-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Back in July 2011, we covered his comments that monogamy holds the potential to destroy “more families than it saves.” Around the same time, he said of Republicans, ”I wish they were all f**king dead,“ during an appearance on ”Real Time With Bill Maher.”

During 2009, Savage tried to coin the term “Saddlebacking” in order to target pro-Proposition 8 Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren; he defined the term as “the phenomenon of Christian teens engaging in unprotected anal sex in order to preserve their virginities.” Savage also said, “F— you, Utah,” since Mormons largely backed Proposition 8.

Really,this says it all..................

With all of this information in mind, it’s certainly warranted — at the least — to question the Obama administration’s connections to Savage. The president didn‘t tolerate Rush Limbaugh’s comments about Sandra Fluke, so one wonders how he and his administration are able to overlook these glaring issues (apparently MTV, too, ignores these incidents, as Savage was given his own show on the network geared toward young people).

‘ I Wish [Republicans] Were All F**king Dead’: Dan Savage’s History of Bizarre Rhetoric & Ties to the Obama White House

Hypocrite,at best....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

Good quotes !!

The perfect Obama & Co. candidate for "support"

I wonder what religion Savage is ?

He reminds me of some wack-o that is attacking his own inner self conscience and inner guilt complexes.

Savage is definitely some kind of psycho maniac.

Unless of course it's all an act for Money

Maybe he has that old "ethnic money" complex.

I wonder what He's doing to help the economy and reduce the national debt ?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

My thing is this. If someone says something derogatory,and is Lambasted by the President,I would hope the President would quit being the hypocrite he is,and distance himself from ALL,not some. If the messenger is someone with a checkered past,the message gets diluted.Its quite hypocritical,and telling at the same time. Because Savage votes "Democrat" hes good in their book,no exceptions. I will tell you this. Obama wants that young vote,thats for sure. Anything that can tie it into votes,he will endorse.
edit on 30-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

edit on 4/30/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Here's another duuzie from our good buddy who Obama likes.

Back in 2000, the White House’s favorite bully, Dan Savage, was hired by Salon.com to infiltrate the Gary Bauer presidential campaign. He became so frustrated with Bauer’s religiosity that after contracting the flu, he decided to go around the office licking doorknobs in order to infect the other staffers, including Bauer.

Savage Licked Doorknobs To Infect Gary Bauer With Flu

Savage even handed Bauer the saliva-coated pen, hoping to infect him with the flu.

I pulled the pen out of my mouth and handed it to him. Score! My bodily fluids -- flu bugs and all -- were all over his hand!

Savage then proceeded to vote in the Iowa caucuses, although he wasn’t registered in the state.

This is the sick bully the White House chooses to advocate the anti-bullying cause.

Is this For Real or just another comedy stage act ??

Another classic Obama & Co. Boondoggle !!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The thing is, he's saying what the president is thinking.
A White House "Anti-bully" Czar who bullies to get his message across.

Maybe he's teaching the way NOT to do something.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
I've just heard of this guy. So far, he's heroic to me.

It's nice to hear someone finally come out and say they support bullying Christians. Revolting, but glad you are honest. Since you support bullying don't bitch when gays get bullied, or you are a hypocrite, who supports bullying.

In the mean time this man is certainly not my hero.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

You keep supporting the hate, I'll support the love. Christian and proud. And anyone who bullies someone because they are gay are every bit as disgusting.

Jhn 13:35 "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
reply to post by beezzer

So all those people with "God Hates Fags!!" signs at political rallys are really gov plants huh.. Wow..

*Insert sarcasm all over this post*

No they are a group of lawyers who have found a quick way to make money by offending people. People try to confront their hate, with hate of their own. Look at the end of my above post, all that is needed to be said.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The people that are making a big deal about this aren't being very good Christians it could be argued. Make a big deal about the double standard that many live by and defend, which he pointed out. If you're saying two standards are fine really you're just condemning yourself as a Christian.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

The thing is, he's saying what the president is thinking.
A White House "Anti-bully" Czar who bullies to get his message across.

Maybe he's teaching the way NOT to do something.

You mean an "Intolerance Czar".............................

link   

Originally posted by Turq1
The people that are making a big deal about this aren't being very good Christians it could be argued. Make a big deal about the double standard that many live by and defend, which he pointed out. If you're saying two standards are fine really you're just condemning yourself as a Christian.

So you're saying christians should just shut up and take insults and abuse?

link   
Digging a little deeper here, we see that "Dan boy" was raised in a religious atmosphere.

Dan Savage was born to William and Judy Savage in Chicago, Illinois.[6] He is of Irish ancestry.[7] The third of four children,[6] Savage was raised as a Roman Catholic and attended Quigley Preparatory Seminary North, which he has described as "a Catholic high school in Chicago for boys thinking of becoming priests."[8] Though Savage has stated that he is now "a wishy-washy agnostic" and an atheist,[9] he has said that he still considers himself "culturally Catholic."

Savage attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he studied theater and history.[6] As a theater director, Savage (working under the name "Keenan Hollahan") was a founder of Seattle's Greek Active Theater.[10] Much of the group's work has been queer recontextualizations of classic works, such as a tragicomic Macbeth with both the title character and Lady Macbeth played by performers of the opposite sex. In March 2001, he directed his own Egguus at Consolidated Works, a parody of Peter Shaffer's 1973 play Equus which exchanged a fixation on horses for a fixation on chickens. Savage has not directed, produced, or performed in any productions since a 2003 production of Letters from the Earth, also at Consolidated Works, his trimmed version of Mark Twain's The Diary of Adam and Eve, which received scathing reviews, including one from his own paper, "My Boss's Show Stinks".[11]

Savage and his husband, Terry, have one adopted son, D.J.,[12] and were married in Vancouver, BC in 2005.

Dan Savage

Hmmm.

I bet he suffers from a psychological religious complex.
(possible violent)

And we need to dig up his funding.

I hope he and/or his "companies" are not getting taxpayer money !!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Here is a partial list of "Contributors".

There are many.

Political and government

Democratic National Committee
LGBT Equality Caucus
Massachusetts congressional delegation
Massachusetts Democratic Party
Salt Lake City Public Library
San Francisco Police Department
The World Bank
United States Senate
White House staff

It Gets Better Project / contributors

The "list" has names and numbers with [brackets] ..... there are some interesting videos links in the 'References' section.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

A community organizer could be anything really. All it means is that individuals band together to speak as a group to promote activism. It has acquired some sort of progressive reputation but it could be used to recruit KKK members.

Savage acts normal in some videos and a fanatical lunatic in others. He seems bi-polar/short tempered. Though I don't know enough about him to make a formal opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Can you get me an application for one of those jobs? I think I would be a great fit for a position like that. Since you know they pay them, you must know someone who works for them.

Ask them to put a good word in for me?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As was already pointed out ... it is impossible for a homosexual to discuss bullying without bringing christians and the bible into the mix.....it just can't be done.

Find me some atheist or agnostics that are so homophobic that they couldn't even sit and listen a speech without getting their feelings hurt and have to walk out......

Religion is the entire reason we have bullying for the most part.........

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1

A community organizer could be anything really. All it means is that individuals band together to speak as a group to promote activism. It has acquired some sort of progressive reputation but it could be used to recruit KKK members.

Savage acts normal in some videos and a fanatical lunatic in others. He seems bi-polar/short tempered. Though I don't know enough about him to make a formal opinion.

I will agree with the premise,and observation.

Star for ya....

The problem is the message is diluted,and obviously agenda driven. I think Savage has a two-fold agenda. Its not hard connecting the dots,brother..........

I also believe Obama has no problem pimping these people out,in the name of activism. He knows a good ride,to get on,when he sees "votes" attached to it. The Tickets are free,all you have to do is watch.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join