It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Ok, so I'm just going to assume no one is even talking about the original topic anymore.

Savage seems to think you can fight bullying with more of the same behavior. Bullying is just human nature. Humans gang up on those outside the norm in an attempt to force conformity. If people were educated on that fact they might be able to take bullying a bit better.

Antonia I did talk about the topic when I posted that Hillary went to the UN to commit money to anti bullying at the global level. And I got flamed on about it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ok, so I'm just going to assume no one is even talking about the original topic anymore.

Savage seems to think you can fight bullying with more of the same behavior. Bullying is just human nature. Humans gang up on those outside the norm in an attempt to force conformity. If people were educated on that fact they might be able to take bullying a bit better.

There are many who have sided with Savage - - - and support that soft peddling in regards to Christians - - - needs to end.

Anti-gay Christians certainly don't soft peddle their stance in regards to homosexuals.

I have no sympathy for those upset about Savage pointing out the hypocrisy in Leviticus. Because he is correct.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't see the problem with anti-bullying programs. Unless we are saying it's this guys campaign and he is just going all over the world acting like a dickhead.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious how many people are calling him a bully....

without actually having seen the video!

People really need to learn to actually watch or read something before making assumptions about it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't see the problem with anti-bullying programs. Unless we are saying it's this guys campaign and he is just going all over the world acting like a dickhead.

Its not.

Savage and his husband created an anti-bullying video and uploaded it to You Tube.

Others picked up on it and the movement grew.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

There are many who have sided with Savage - - - and support that soft peddling in regards to Christians - - - needs to end.

Anti-gay Christians certainly don't soft peddle their stance in regards to homosexuals.

I have no sympathy for those upset about Savage pointing out the hypocrisy in Leviticus. Because he is correct.

Here's the thing: You can scream at them as much as you want. You will always be the bad guy no matter how wrong they are. They really believe what is in that book. Sorry, that's just how it is and until religion dies off (which it is right now) you will not be able to do anything about this. Being a jerk won't solve the problem.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Antonia, please let me set the record straight. As this thread is about the WH funding anti-bullying campaigns, I find it to be of similar note that the administration is taking it to the UN. I also said that some people think that going to the UN is wonderful as long as it's about what they want.
I just don't care for the UN but some people feel the UN should be all in our business, and everyone else's too. But that is my point with Marxism. The individual issues are moot in a way. It is the fact that it is being used to promote a One World Agenda.

OK does that clarify things for you? I have consistently spoken out against the UN and I wish the US would just get out of it, but that won't happen because the Elites are using it as a springboard to commit the US to the One World Order.
Hillary is all about how "It Takes A Village" which is unabashed Marxist communism. I will never apologize for being against Marxism and that is why I posted the FRC article about how the Marxism is attacking the family.

edit on 3-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

We could be talking about cupcakes and somehow you'd bring up Marxism. I don't get it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

We could be talking about cupcakes and somehow you'd bring up Marxism. I don't get it.

I know you don't get it. No, I have never connected cupcakes to Marxism. But of course that is hyperbole anyway.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Annee, you should talk as you discounted studies by the American Medical Association in your attempt to discredit the FRC. I wasn't aware that the AMA was biased. But carry on with your attempts.

I did not discount the AMA. First thing I would have done is check the date of the data.

The post/study from UC Davis psychology department was very thorough - - and on point.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Oh no, I get what you are trying to say. My point is you bring Marxism into everything even when the topic doesn't merit it. Be against Marxism, I don't care.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Here's the thing: You can scream at them as much as you want. You will always be the bad guy no matter how wrong they are. They really believe what is in that book. Sorry, that's just how it is and until religion dies off (which it is right now) you will not be able to do anything about this. Being a jerk won't solve the problem.

It seems the reference to Leviticus was only a small portion of his presentation.

I would like to hear the entire presentation.

The majority of the audience stayed and even applauded. Why aren't we hearing what they had to say?

Just like Leviticus - - - "cherry picking" his presentation and sensationalizing one aspect.

Yes - - I'm very aware of Christianity. I was raised Christian - - - continued a 40 year search for god - - - resulting in accepting I am Atheist these last 5 years.

Its an interesting new perspective once you completely remove yourself from the "god circle".

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

ok Annee, one more time now. You discounted all the studies from the FRC site, calling them "all cr &$", which site contained excerpts from studies done by the AMA(which clearly you did not read and I bet you never even bothered to look at the site) and now you are claiming you do not discount the AMA and in fact now suddenly the date is important. Is the date of the Kinsey report important as well, in determining whether it is outdated or not?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
While I have to admit Savage could have presented his case a bit more gracefully, he raised some of the same issues I've had with the reaction of those "claiming" that their Christian belief's are why they object so strongly against anything that might protect gay students frrom being bullied. I put claiming because I know that the same sentiment does not run through all people who consider themselvels Christians.

My striggles with Christianity and what I learned

Using Leviticus as justification for being so strongly against any protections for gays is in fact cherry picking, for more than one reason. Now I did notice in an earlier post that the other abominations such as easting pork was to protect us from illness whiich is a valid point, pork that is not cooked sufficiently can cause the person eatng it to become ill with trichinosis. But there are a great many abominations listed and one that really can't be logiced out of importance to believers is the following:

9 “‘These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall hold their carcasses in abomination. 12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

And no where in there doees it place one abomination as being more abominable than another....My point....if all that strong sentiment is truely drivem by strong Christian beliefs.....Where are all the protesters trying to shut down Red Lobster? Possible because it's easier to dislike the fact that someone is living in a way that is not in accordance to your belief, than it is to give up those tastey butter dipped crab legs and lobsters?

But raising that arguement get shot down one way or another such as the logical pork arguemtne.

I have another issue that also involves cherry picking the bible that I feel is more important than picking and choosing abominations from Leviticus.

For one to truely be a Christian one core belief is essential, and that is Jesus came down from the heavens in the form of a man, with a well thought out plan, he would gather disciples and teach them thnrough his actoins and worlds how to bring his "lost sheep" back home, during his time in corpreal form he performed miracles whicch drew more followers to him, and he taught them to spread his message with kindness and love, he even addressed some of those punishments from the old testiment. The story of the adultress is not the only time he instructed his followers that from that point forward only himself and his father were pure enough to judge another's sins. Sure he told her not to sin again but his message was delivered with kindness and salvation not with threats of hellfire and brimstone. He saved her life, he did her a kindness and did not judge her, and his actions were more likely to gain her trust and returned love and potentionally prevent her from sinning again. In a nutshell, he set the situation up in a way that there was a better chance of her changing her life of her own free will, and that is what he wanted. He seemed to clarify thaat in

Matthew

10 And it came to pass as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. 11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto His disciples, “Why eateth your master with publicans and sinners?” 12 But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, “They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. 13 But go ye and learn what this meaneth: ‘I will have mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Maark

15 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat at Levi’s house, that many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him. 16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with publicans and sinners, they said unto His disciples, “How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?” 17 When Jesus heard it, He said unto them, “They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

The same can be found in Luke 29

*more to come*

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

ok Annee, one more time now. You discounted all the studies from the FRC site,

UC Davis debunked the FRC - - - point by point on all their listed sources/references.

Did you bother to go to that site - - scroll down - - and read them?

Yes - - the date of any AMA report is significant.

But if that is one of the sources used by the FRC - - - check the UC Davis report if they comment about it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
reply to post by antonia

As temperatures rise, people find the easiest shots they can summon to hit at the opposing side. Homosexuality tends to be a very hot topic to be used against Christians and our stance against it, as well as the Levitican laws to be used out of context to legitimize liberal idelogies contesting Christinan faith along side the homosexual issue.

As temperatures rise, people find the easiest shots they can summon to hit at the opposing side. Christianity tends to be a very hot topic to be used against Homosexuals and their right to equality.

Levitican laws used to legitimize conservative ideologies contesting homosexual equality by Christians.

Words spoken by the Bible about homsexuality are not limited to the Levitican law, although the hair/blood/food issues generally are.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I usually agree with your posts. But I will have to disagree this time. The ignorant community of Bible toting neanderthals needs desperately some personal attention in regards to their constant bullying of gays and lesbians. IT IS GREAT THAT THEY WERE SINGLED OUT FOR A LITTLE PERSONAL ATTENTION. Random "christians" should have been brought front and center and had the crap kicked out of them. Then maybe, and it is a real big maybe, they would understand the harm they do.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
While I have to admit Savage could have presented his case a bit more gracefully, he raised some of the same issues I've had with the reaction of those "claiming" that their Christian belief's are why they object so strongly against anything that might protect gay students from being bullied. I put claiming because I know that the same sentiment does not run through all people who consider themselves Christians.

There are plenty of PC gay activists.

Do all of them really need to be? And really - why should they be - - considering how they are treated - - and the horrible things anti-gay Christians say without restraint.

The LGBTQ community need the Dan Savage's too.

Besides Leviticus - - there is the "Curse of Ham" - - which was used to justify treatment of blacks.

There's "being possessed by the devil" in reference to seizures.

There is plenty in the bible and related - - - that Christians have dismissed as not being relevant in modern society.

Did you read where the Catholic nuns were admonished by the Pope - - - for not making abortion and homosexuality their #1 focus. Shocking isn't it - - - they thought helping the poor was more important.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

As temperatures rise, people find the easiest shots they can summon to hit at the opposing side. Homosexuality tends to be a very hot topic to be used against Christians and our stance against it, as well as the Levitican laws to be used out of context to legitimize liberal idelogies contesting Christinan faith along side the homosexual issue.

As temperatures rise, people find the easiest shots they can summon to hit at the opposing side. Christianity tends to be a very hot topic to be used against Homosexuals and their right to equality.

Levitican laws used to legitimize conservative ideologies contesting homosexual equality by Christians.

Words spoken by the Bible about homsexuality are not limited to the Levitican law, although the hair/blood/food issues generally are.

Sometimes people just need to look in a mirror.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Jesus made it clear to his disciples that he was there to offer all men salvation. He went through a horrendous death with out fighting back and even told his disciples who were waiting while he prayed, when Judas brought his captors, when one of them tried to fight them off with his sword Jesus told him not too. And we all know that in 3 days he rose from the dead and eventuallly ascended into heaven to prove he was in fact who he was.

He did not order his disciples to force sinners to act as if they were believers, follow the rules etc, but against their wills, so that the righteous could live in a nice cozy world without exposing themselves to anything distasteful.

He told them he was offering all his children salvation through his life and death. Those who already belived and were reghteous were to show the sinners his love and help them find their way to him.

Now as they say you can catch more flies with sugar...as he showed the adultress.

He made it clear that no man on this earth was pure enough to judge another, nor had the right to do so as the judgement was from that point on only something himself and his father were beyiond sin and able to cast judgement.

Now here is an important issue. The primary reason for focusing on anti-bullying legislation for gays, is as we have seen through history, people who aren't part of the majority havve a tendency to be abused by the majority, until it comes to the point that the only way to stop it..is to garner legal protection for the minority os the mjority is no longer able to harm people and expect to be able to cointinue harming them while every one turns a bilind eye. One example is the civil rights movement, disabled people became the source of abuse and so it goes on and on.

And I have seen situations where someone considereed "cool" during the school years will focus on someone less outgoing, or maybe a boy who would rather geek out then play football and lable them gay or queer just because they are different, and in the past that would make the kid fair game for whatever they wanted to do to him because.....gay wasn't acceptable....everyone would turn a blind eye to the abuse. I grew up in the 60's and 70's I am a straight woman married with one chidl. But people couldn't get a fix on me in my school years, I didn't go out dirnking on the weekends or get high. I didn't fawn over the hottest guy in school. I dressed fairly modestly, I was very into math and science and real people. I didnt want to make the mistakes others I saw did, and I would reach out to anyone who looked like they could use a hand, shoulder, ear.....and I ended up labled gay. I guarantee you that was not fun, and landed me in a fist-fight with one guy who circled me over and over at work commenting about it all night loong (I worked from 14 on ) after work he grabbed a pint and started shoving me around one minute calling me gay the next telling me to prove it to him that I wasn't. And you know what .......no one came to my defense, no one tried to stop him cause was labeled gay so I deserved it. Kids in schols st;; experience that today and it's not right. My daughters first boyfriend went to a differnt school than her, he worshiped the ground she walked on and had no interest in anyone else. Well he was cute and the girls kept trying to get with him and he would brush them off; Not realizing what it would trigger he got so fed up with the girls hitting up on him he told them he was gay. Within 2 weeks he was suspended form school because get this 2 guys beat him up in the hallway for being gay. Nothing was done to the 2 guys and it broke my heart when he came over that night to see my daughter with a black eye, split lips, bruises on his arms from being thrown into the lockers.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join