It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Obama supporters
I hope you're not talking about me. That man is too far right and too deceptive for my taste.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Who knew the Westboro Baptist Church were Catholics?

Second

Meh

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
reply to post by beezzer

So all those people with "God Hates Fags!!" signs at political rallys are really gov plants huh.. Wow..

*Insert sarcasm all over this post*

Huh? Are those people endorsed by the White House?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Those people who hate Catholics are endorsed by the White House

and they pay them too.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The White House appears to excel at hate, divisiveness.

Almost as if its being run by a community organizer!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

What is bad about this? Can you tell me?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What is bad about community organizing?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Do a google search, there all over.. Kinda silly to act otherwise.

"They have created an underclass of people to hate. Lumping straight, christian, conservative people into the same category as bullies is just the start."

And yes you mentioned conservative people being put in the bully catagory, and at conservative protests we see plenty of signs like the ones i mentioned.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yes, I agree with you: Obama supporters must begin thinking; in fact, it goes without saying that almost all participation in the political process requires much thought and consideration. However, I don't believe that Dan Savage is a reason for a political agent to rethink his/her vote for one candidate or another, merely based upon the fact that his rhetoric is controversial, and ruffles some feathers - or unless one doesn't subscribe to the notion of equal rights for homosexuals.
In answer to your question, yes. I do believe that agendas can be offensive to some, and that is the reason for democratic participation in the political process.

On that note, I do not see exactly how Dan Savage was offensive to anyone, except those that are not ready for real world dialogue, or those that wear their feelings on their sleeves - those that would prefer their world-view go unchallenged, and un-questioned (even by themselves).

With regard to your second proposal, that I demonstrate what good Dan Savage has done, all I may offer is an account of my own laughter and joy for his comedy, as well as his taking a stand on very important social issues of which are valuable to myself, and my political world-view.

While it need not be said, but nonetheless I offer as an aside, I do not support Obama. I do, however, support equal rights for homosexuals. Dan Savage aims to attack the ill-informed notion that homosexuality is morally impermissible because the bible forbids it - which is Divine Command Theory (an issue of which is center to Dan Savage's rhetoric).

So, I ask you now, do you not support equal rights for homosexuals, and is this what upsets you about Dan Savage? Or is it that he pointed out some obvious inconsistencies in the popular practice of some Judeo-Christian religions in the United States?
edit on 29-4-2012 by kissy princess because: misplaced parenthetical

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by beezzer

What is bad about community organizing?

Nothing. If you want to have a profession that is adversarial, then go for it. If you want to "hate" professionally, then it's a great job.

But maybe a lousy one to have on a resume' of a president.

Obama and those he supports are dividers, not uniters.

They play on the differences that separate us instead of focusing on all of our common elements.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Was he "offensive" or ???

Sounds a bit "bashing" ....

As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy assed.”

The speaker was Dan Savage, founder of the “It Gets Better” project, an anti-bullying campaign that has reached more than 40 million viewers with contributors ranging from President Obama to Hollywood stars. Savage also writes a sex advice column called “Savage Love.”

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected

Do a google search, there all over.. Kinda silly to act otherwise.

"They have created an underclass of people to hate. Lumping straight, christian, conservative people into the same category as bullies is just the start."

And yes you mentioned conservative people being put in the bully catagory, and at conservative protests we see plenty of signs like the ones i mentioned.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

And we don't see them at liberal rallys?

Plus, what people say or do is different than having it endorsed by the White House.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is the thing that bugs the hell out of me on this they vociferously condemn the Catholic church about gay rights and turn about and vociferoulsy defend Islam which last time i checked has an apauling track record when it comes to recognizing gay rights.

The epitomy of hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How do you correlate community organizing with hate?

The Civil Rights movement was started by community organizing
The Tea Party was started by community organizing
Ron Paul got so famous from the help of community organizing
Anti-War protests are brought to you by community organizing

Pretty much any movement in history was brought to you via community organizing

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

So, I ask you now, do you not support equal rights for homosexuals, and is this what upsets you about Dan Savage? Or is it that he pointed out some obvious inconsistencies in the popular practice of some Judeo-Christian religions in the United States?

Sure I support equal rights for everybody. As long as my rights are not trampled on or questioned.

The Constitution says all that I think ? Maybe not.

And I never said I was "upset" with Savage. but he does need to defend himself without the standard finger pointing and blaming. He can't seem to "make the case" without casting blame at somebody else and their beliefs.

He seems to be trapped in his own snare.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yes, thank you; I am aware of the speech. However, I believe you have missed the point of my initial response to you. Again, although some students felt offended by his rhetoric, the clip does not demonstrate Dan Savage personally insulting those students who refused to participate. For instance, I can wear my sexy red swim-suit to the beach (when it gets warmer), and I may offend some fat, prude woman who believes my ornamentation indecent. From this, it does not follow that I was personally insulting, nor offensive. Thus, it was the prude lady's own inner faculties that initiated her feeling offended.

As such, those students refused to listen to Dan Savage's speech, and became offended merely because he took aim at a particular quote from the Old Testament, which is somehow threatening to their obviously weak-informed paradigm. Savage was not making a mockery of Christianity, or Judaism, but was demonstrating the inconsistency in some types of religious thinking, with regard to the notion of bullying a person due to his/her sexual orientation based upon biblical passages.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by beezzer

How do you correlate community organizing with hate?

The Civil Rights movement was started by community organizing
The Tea Party was started by community organizing
Ron Paul got so famous from the help of community organizing
Anti-War protests are brought to you by community organizing

Pretty much any movement in history was brought to you via community organizing

The Tea Party?

Community organizing needs a target. Effective commuity organizing needs an enemy to get the community together.

Hate wealthy? Community organize.
Hate christians? Community organize.

They can't come out and SAY that though. So they disguise it with the bully meme.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Here's some info about Obama's "community organizings" only one.
there's many more articles and exposures.
the corruption runs wild....real wild.

Barack Obama prides himself on his career as a community organizer. Back then, he worked for an organization called the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), to which he still has extensive ties. Before digging into Obama’s links to ACORN, it’s important to understand exactly how corrupt and anti-American this organization truly is.
I’ve dug around through tons of resources online to come up with this collection of information that reveals the vast corruption perpetrated by ACORN. Take a few moments to read through the reports and learn about the organization that created Barack Obama.

ACORN: Obama’s corrupt community organizers

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

My apologies for suggesting that you were upset with Dan Savage, I mistook your direction in this thread for that.

I would bet my bottom-dollar that most of those students who walked out are in support of equal-rights as well. However, I have personally seen plenty of less-than-enlightened people (some family members way down south) that actively pursue homosexuals to do them harm; and they admit that they believe such violent behavior toward another human being, merely based upon his/her sexual orientation, is justified by scripture. This is bullying. No, this is bullying on steroids.

I think we can all agree that violence to an undeserving person is almost always morally wrong, no matter what a religious scripture says. This is the specific point that Savage was trying to make, and I would applaud ANY political candidate for endorsing similar rhetoric; yet my applause for an agenda is insufficient to garner my vote.
edit on 30-4-2012 by kissy princess because: misplaced is

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, the Tea Party was brought to you by community organizing.

Adam Brandon, a spokesman for the conservative non-profit organization FreedomWorks, which is one of several groups involved in organizing Tea Party protests, says the group gives Alinsky's Rules for Radicals to its top leadership members. A shortened guide called Rules for Patriots is distributed to its entire network. In a January 2012 story that appeared in The Wall Street Journal, citing the organization's tactic of sending activists to town-hall meetings, Brandon explained, "his tactics when it comes to grass-roots organizing are incredibly effective." Former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey also gives copies of Alinsky's book Rules for Radicals to Tea Party leaders.[20]

Echoing Leahy, Alinsky-style organizing is a centerpiece of Tea Party workshops around the country led by Washington-based FreedomWorks. Its top organizer, Brendan Steinhauser, says: “I put together a PowerPoint on grassroots organizing and the favorite part for a lot of these [Tea Party] organizers was how this leftist community organizer Saul Alinsky was so effective and how we can use his tactics against the left.”

www.pubtheo.com...

Community Organizing doesn't require anyone to hate anything. It is nothing more than like-minded individuals banding together and speaking as a group.

I know all about the ACORN scandals, but those scandals have nothing to do with community organizing as a whole. It is comparable to saying that all cops are corrupt because some are.

Nor am I an Obama supporter, I voted for Ron Paul.
edit on 30-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join