It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Of course, to you all of the various studies they cited have to be wrong, and the one study that Journal suggesting homophones are secretly gay and made that way by authoritarian parents must be right....any fool can see the bias.

Yes - - absolutely.

All the studies by FRC are crap!

Oh of course they must be because you disagree with them.

Yeah - - that's it.

The Family Research Council's studies on homosexuality and pedophilia is complete crap - - because I don't agree with them.

You got me.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Of course, to you all of the various studies they cited have to be wrong, and the one study that Journal suggesting homophones are secretly gay and made that way by authoritarian parents must be right....any fool can see the bias.

Yes - - absolutely.

All the studies by FRC are crap!

Oh of course they must be because you disagree with them.

Yeah - - that's it.

The Family Research Council's studies on homosexuality and pedophilia is complete crap - - because I don't agree with them.

You got me.

Yah I guess the study from the AMA must be also...

A study of 279 homosexual/bisexual men with AIDS and control patients discussed in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported: "More than half of both case and control patients reported a sexual act with a male by age 16 years, approximately 20 percent by age 10 years."[71]

71. Harry W. Haverkos, et al., "The Initiation of Male Homosexual Behavior," The Journal of the American Medical Association 262 (July 28, 1989): 501.

www.frc.org...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There is no reason in hell for 4 year old to be thinking about their sexual orientation.......your view of ethics are so blurred...I think it is way to late for you.

And I never said anything about your politics....Everytime I deal with you I feel like I went into the twilight zone...you forget what you said, you insult and make up crazy stuff. It is pretty clear to anyone that reads what they can understand of your posts you are very liberal in your social beliefs...that is not a political comment.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Male on male sexual act can be referred to as a homosexual act - - - but does not necessarily mean the perpetrator is homosexual.

Availability to the child is the major factor.

And here's one from UC Davis:

Examining the Research
One problem is that none of the studies in this area have obtained data from a probability sample, that is, a sample that can be assumed to be representative of the population of all child molesters. Rather, most research has been conducted only with convicted perpetrators or with pedophiles who sought professional help. Consequently, they may not accurately describe child molesters who have never been caught or have not sought treatment.

Another problem related to terminology arises because sexual abuse of male children by adult men2 is often referred to as "homosexual molestation." The adjective "homosexual" (or "heterosexual" when a man abuses a female child) refers to the victim's gender in relation to that of the perpetrator. Unfortunately, people sometimes mistakenly interpret it as referring to the perpetrator's sexual orientation. psychology.ucdavis.edu...

edit on 3-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Annee

There is no reason in hell for 4 year old to be thinking about their sexual orientation.......your view of ethics are so blurred...I think it is way to late for you.

I'm sorry you can't separate understanding sexuality from being sexual.

Children as young as 4 start recognizing differences - - who they are comfortable being - - who they are comfortable playing with - - etc.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

What About Claims That Scientific Research Proves Gay Men Are Likely To Molest Children?

Some conservative groups have argued that scientific research strongly supports their claims that homosexuality and pedophilia are linked. The Family Research Council has produced what is perhaps the most extensive attempt to document this claim. It is an article by Timothy J. Dailey titled Homosexuality and Child Abuse.

With 76 footnotes, many of them referring to papers in scientific journals, it appears at first glance to be a thorough and scholarly discussion of the issue. On further examination, however, its central argument – that "the evidence indicates that homosexual men molest boys at rates grossly disproportionate to the rates at which heterosexual men molest girls" – doesn't hold up.

In the following section, the main sources cited by Dailey and the FRC to support their claim are reviewed. The papers are listed in the same order in which they are first cited by the FRC article.

Freund et al. (1989). Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and erotic age preference. Journal of Sex Research, 26, 107-117.

This article is discussed above in the "Other Approaches" section. As the FRC concedes, it contradicts their argument. The abstract summarizes the authors' conclusion: "Findings indicate that homosexual males who preferred mature partners responded no more to male children than heterosexual males who preferred mature partners responded to female children."

Silverthorne & Quinsey. (2000). Sexual partner age preferences of homosexual and heterosexual men and women. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 29, 67-76.

The FRC cites this study to challenge the Freund et al. data (see the previous paper above). However, the methodologies were quite different. Freund and his colleagues used a sample that included sex offenders and they assessed sexual arousal with a physiological measure similar to that described below for the 1988 Marshall et al. study. Silverthorne and Quinsey used a sample of community volunteers who were asked to view pictures of human faces and use a 7-point scale to rate their sexual attractiveness. The apparent ages of the people portrayed in the pictures was originally estimated by Dr. Silverthorne to range from 15 to 50. However, a group of independent raters perceived the male faces to range in age from 18 to 58, and the female faces to range from 19 to 60.

psychology.ucdavis.edu...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This admin promoting and supporting Savage's group is just a part of their overall strategy.

GENEVA — The Obama administration announced on Tuesday that the United States would use all the tools of American diplomacy, including the potent enticement of foreign aid, to promote gay rights around the world.

The administration’s announcement formalizes several steps that Mrs. Clinton has already ordered. She has asked American diplomats to raise the issue wherever harassment or abuse arises and required a record of them in the State Department’s annual report on human rights. On Tuesday, she also announced a $3 million program to finance gay-rights organizations to combat discrimination, violence and other abuses.

www.nytimes.com...

Then of course there is the whole Kevin Jennings school safety czar thing

sex ed for kindergartners

All in a days work for the admin

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee are you trying to prove that there is NO link to homosexuality in child sex offenders, or that not all are homosexual? Because no one is saying they all are. I simply wanted to show you that there are links since you claimed that pedophilia has nothing whatever to do with homosexuality. Your claim is absurd and you even discount the AMA in your quest. You summarily dismiss studies even by reputable organizations.
But in any case, as the thread is about the current administration funding of Savage, it is clear that this administration is actively involved in it, even to the point of trying to force other countries into submission at the level of the UN. (Turkey and Saudi Arabia in particular).

A drop in the bucket compared to what they are spending on parties and travel though.

But what's new, this is the marxist mindset. The pursuit of certain agendas through the UN and whatever other means available.
Here is a discussion of the Marxist agenda

www.frc.org...
e dit on 3-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee are you trying to prove that there is NO link to homosexuality in child sex offenders, or that not all are homosexual? Because no one is saying they all are. I simply wanted to show you that there are links since you claimed that pedophilia has nothing whatever to do with homosexuality.

The study from UC Davis - - - specifically addresses the Family Research Council - - - debunking them point-by-point in each of their references.

Pedophilia is its own orientation. The attraction is children. If a Pedophile has sex with an opposite gender - - it is called a Heterosexual Act. If a Pedophile has sex with same gender it is called a Homosexual Act.

Does that make "normal" Heterosexuals pedophiles? NO! It does not make "normal" Homosexuals pedophiles either.

The orientation is Pedophile - - whether it be a heterosexual or homosexual act.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not interested in your obsession with Communist/Marxist.

OMG -- Shocking! That the United Nations would support anti-bullying and decriminalization of homosexuals.

What is this world coming too

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Then of course there is the whole Kevin Jennings school safety czar thing

Again - - - The Family Resource Council - - - who have already been proven by UC Davis to twist facts to fit their agenda

FACT CHECK: The Right-Wing Smear Campaign Against Kevin Jennings

By Amanda Terkel on Jul 3, 2009

The right wing has a new target: Kevin Jennings, whom President Obama appointed Assistant Deputy Secretary at the Department of Education for the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools (OSDFS). Jennings has had a distinguished career as a teacher, author, and founder of Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), an organization that works to make schools safe for all students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.

It is primarily Jennings’ work with GLSEN that has so outraged the far right. The Family Research Council (FRC) launched the “Stop Kevin Jennings” campaign this week, warning that he is a “radical homosexual activist” who has “worked tirelessly to bring the homosexual agenda into our nation’s classrooms.” “His history demonstrates disregard for our obligations to safeguard the health and well being of the student population,” writes FRC President Tony Perkins.

ThinkProgress investigated FRC’s claims and spoke to people who have worked with Jennings. A look at some of the “facts” about him:

FRC CLAIM: “Jennings’ and GLSEN’s concept of ‘safe schools’ means special protections for privileged groups (especially homosexuals), rather than safety for all.”

FACT: As the gay son of a Southern baptist preacher, Jennings had a “childhood of prejudice, taunts, and harassment.” As an education leader, he has used those experiences to promote tolerance and anti-bullying measures in schools nationwide. ThinkProgress spoke with Molly Spearman, executive director of the South Carolina Association of School Administrators. Spearman first heard Jennings speak at the 2007 convention of the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP). Spearman said that she was so impressed with Jennings, she decided to invite him to speak at her organization’s October 2007 summit on bullying:

thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So what we have here is that two guys claiming that there is scientific proof that all gays are pedos and that because of that they should not be allowed to be married!

If that's the argument then by those standards nobody should be allowed to be married because a sizable portion of the adult Caucasian persuasion are pedos, then they must never be allowed to be married!

Don't you just love the double standards!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee are you trying to prove that there is NO link to homosexuality in child sex offenders, or that not all are homosexual? Because no one is saying they all are. I simply wanted to show you that there are links since you claimed that pedophilia has nothing whatever to do with homosexuality.

Well than there are also links to heterosexual people and pedophiles...what's your point?

Pedophiles....some are straight...some are gay...is one more prevalent than the other...NO.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The bottom line considering the separation of church and state in this country Savage is wasting his time so the left wing.

Government can't tell the Catholic Church or any other church what to do.

Consider that little fact and the true face is revealed pitting two sides agianst each other to garner votes.

Dance little puppets dance to that tune

Yes, it is not the role of government to throw around $100 Million fines at the

Catholic Church. Sandra Fluke has become a liability.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What the hell does this nonsense...:

I have answered this question before in other threads.

Pedophilia is an orientation on to itself. It is about attraction to children. The preference is children - - not gender.

Victims are often chosen by availability -- not gender. If a pedophile has sex with same gender - - it may be called a homosexual act - - - but that has nothing to do with a person who is a homosexual.

A homosexual would be the same as a heterosexual in how they approach "normal" sex.

There are links to back this up.

...have to do with "answering" (???) this portion of my introduction?

You also seem to feel LGBTs are above reproach, so I reckon it's only fair that I post the following list of famous LGBTs, and then ask you couple of questions about it.

... have to do with the LESBIANS, GAYS, and BISEXUALS shown on the following list? Pedophilia IS NOT the common denominator!

Jeffrey Dahmer 17
Andrew Cunanan 5
Randy Steven Kraft 65 (est.)
Michael Swango 35 - 60
John Wayne Gacy 33
Patrick Wayne Kearney 28+
David D. Hill 28?
Wayne Williams 27
Dean Corll 27
Elmer Wayne Henley 27
David Owen Brooks 27
Donald Harvey 25 - 40 (est.)
Juan Corona 25
Larry Eyler 19
William Bonin 12+
Henry Lee Lucas and Ottis Toole 12+
Vaughn Greenwood 11+
Richard Speck 8+
David Bullock 6+
Vernon Butts 6+
Paul Bateson 6 ? (est.)
Michael Terry 6
Orville Lynn Majors 6
Charles Cohen 5+
Arthur Gary Bishop 5
Westley Allan Dodd 3+
David P. Brown (a.k.a. Nathaniel Bar-Jonah) 3+
Charles Manson 3+
David Edward Maust 5+
Bruce Davis 2+
Erik Menendez 2
Aileen Wuornos 7+
Tyria Moore 7+
Catherine Wood 6
Gwen Graham 6

...have to do with answering the two following questions?

1) What do the above individuals have in common?

2) How many young Christians do you feel may be represented by the numbers to the right of those names?

Here's a subtle hint:
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

You already knew that though... Didn't you?

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Your attempts at interpreting what I actually say - - is failing.

The only thing that is "failing", are your attempts to misconstrue my statements.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Annee

Your attempts at interpreting what I actually say - - is failing.

The only thing that is "failing", are your attempts to misconstrue my statements.

See ya,
Milt

We are done non-communicating.

Feel free to address anyone other then me.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Point 1...
If you feel that this:

Dear Dr. Laura

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I
have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that
Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other
specific laws and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors.
They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in
her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is,
how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend
of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can
you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated
to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don.t agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I
have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room
here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.
19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing
garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester
blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really
necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town
together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn.t we just burn them to
death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with
their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident
you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is
eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,
Jack

Source

...is a valid response to this:

It's as clear as night and day that Savage WAS JUST AS WRONG as those he condemns for "bullying" LGBTs. I don't understand how anyone can, in good conscience, justify such hostile actions by such an obvious "jack ass", or anyone else for that matter.

...you DO NOT possess even a basic understanding of the English language. I don't feel that you are that ignorant, so I suspect that you are just dishonest, and that you are only attempting to obfuscate our discussion.

Point 2...
I am NOT Dr. Laura!

Point 3...
Unless your name is "Jack", posting Jack's letter, without crediting the source, is PLAGIARISM, and is a clear violation of ATS's "Terms and Conditions".

That said, I'm not petty enough to put an "alert" on your post, so I'll leave it up to the mods. to find it on their own. I just wonder how long it will take.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I think she's under the impression you list were all pedophiles....

Naaa... she's only trying to be slick. She was told previously, in my post that was removed for being "off topic", that pedophilia had nothing to do with that list. She seems to feel that if she can repeat a lie long enough, it will magically become the truth.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by BenReclused

I think she's under the impression you list were all pedophiles....

They are several things actually. They are serial killers - - - some pedophiles. All apparently involved in same sex of some kind.

Criminal activity is CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. It is not LGBTQ Criminal Activity.

I found it stupid - - and completely off topic. I chose to address the pedophile part of it and ignore the rest.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join