It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Oh so now ALL Christians are bigots and pedo's

That's nice really!

Meh

I'm sorry - - but your narrow mind and "blinders" point of view.

Is really not conducive to any real discussion on any subject - - - not within your perimeter.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

pot calling the kettle

Straight to the personal attack Savage would be proud!!!

Bully for you!
edit on 2-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

pot calling the kettle

Straight to the personal attack Savage would be proud!!!

Bully for you!

Not at all.

I know some on here try to make me anti-Christian - - - - but - - I continue to post there are many LGBT that are Christian.

There are many churches that accept LGBT. And several denominations that have LGBT clergy.

The church I go to has a gay minister. A lesbian president and her partner - - as vice-president.

I'm not narrow minded at all.

I do not have patience or acceptance for ignorance or bigotry or hypocrisy.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well there I am a Christian i have never Hated on Gays or ever been a pedo that comment right there was nothing but full of hate,bigotry and hypocrisy.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
In this video, Savage cleverly uses "comedy" to get his point across to what appears to be a college audience.

Very sneaky.....and the "humor" is convincing.

This guy is a real pro.

“The Pope. I’m going to digress for a moment about the Pope. The Pope recently said that gay marriage is a threat to the survival of the human race,” he said. “Because once…gay marriage is legal, everyone is going to get gay married. What he‘s saying is that there’s no such thing as a straight person.”

Elmhurst College

Founded in 1871, Elmhurst is a private, four-year college affiliated with the United Church of Christ. The curriculum combines liberal learning and professional preparation to equip students for lifelong learning, service and achievement.

Dr. S. Alan Ray
Elmhurst's 13th President is a Harvard-trained student of theology, an attorney and a scholar of federal Indian law.

About Elmhurst College

Elmhurst College Core Values

There Must be political $$$ involved

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I notice you cite several opposing sources in your rebuttal posts.

No problem.

But has any of the other people you refer to ever had resources and political backing from current high ranking politicians like Savage does ?

Savage has the full endorsement of:

The White House

The President

The Vice President

The Secretary of State

The (former) Speaker of the House

Those are pretty strong.

Now, why would (what appears to be) the U.S. government support a one sided view that clearly bashes a specific popular religion ?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

In short, here's a guy who supports Christians bullying people, especially people who aren't Christians.

No... In short, what you have is a guy lying about a "guy who supports Christians"!

That lie is based on this:

Danville Republican Mike Harmon says rules against bullying are already in place. Kentucky public schools are required to implement anti-bullying programs and report potential bullying felonies to law enforcement.
Harmon has filed an amendment that would allow students to condemn other students' sexual preferences as long as that expression of a religious belief does not include physical harm or damaging property.

Source

The key word in the amendment Harmon filed is "condemn", and not "bully".

An example of the difference between "condemn" and "bully":
Though I feel you and "Annee" have went to extraordinary lengths to "CONDEMN" Christians, I don't feel that it would be accurate to construe those actions as an effort to "BULLY" them. Perhaps I am wrong though.

Here is Mike Harmon's justification:

"If someone, just in conversation, said, 'You know, I think homosexuality is a sin,' well we don't want that child to be bullied because they have a certain moral or religious belief," said Harmon, "And we don't want them, certainly don't want them to be labeled a bully just because they have that particular belief."

Source

You really should learn to verify what you hear. There's an awful lot of GARBAGE posted on the Internet!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Typical Christian hypocrisy. Artificially inflate anything that is critical of Christians, downplay and dismiss anything wrong the Christians do.

Christians are just special special people who can do no wrong because they have God on their side.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Double post, sorry.

edit on 2-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Annee

You seem to be going "the extra mile" to justify the hatred that LGBTs seem to have against Christians.

You also seem to feel LGBTs are above reproach, so I reckon it's only fair that I post the following list of famous LGBTs, and then ask you couple of questions about it.

Ignorance.

LGBT - - have nothing to do with pedophilia.

Yet, somehow the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology blames authoritarian parents for producing not only homophobic people but people who have latent homosexuality unexpressed due to fear.
And yes pedophilia is often a cause of homosexuality and also a result of it. But I am guessing you do not include the Man/Boy Love Assn in your classification of gay.
edit on 2-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Typical Christian hypocrisy. Artificially inflate anything that is critical of Christians, downplay and dismiss anything wrong the Christians do.

Christians are just special special people who can do no wrong because they have God on their side.

If you're accusing me of being a Christian hypocrite, you MUST BE doing acid! You couldn't have been more wrong! You seem to excel at making stupid accusations though, so I'm not at all surprised.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 2-5-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I had a change of heart concerning the comment that was posted here.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 2-5-2012 by BenReclused because: Change of heart

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

And yes pedophilia is often a cause of homosexuality and also a result of it. But I am guessing you do not include the Man/Boy Love Assn in your classification of gay.

Ahhhhh - - and there's Harry Hay - - again.

Of course one must read his entire concept and complicated belief against assimilationism to understand why he would include NAMBLA.

Hay's belief in the cultural minority status of homosexuals led him to take a stand against assimilationism. This stance led him to offer public support to controversial groups like the North American Man Boy Love Association and to criticize both the mainstream gay rights movement and some of the movement's radical components, including the AIDS activist group ACT UP. en.wikipedia.org...

Cultural assimilation: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Annee

I notice you cite several opposing sources in your rebuttal posts.

No problem.

But has any of the other people you refer to ever had resources and political backing from current high ranking politicians like Savage does ?

Savage has the full endorsement of:

The White House

The President

The Vice President

The Secretary of State

The (former) Speaker of the House

Those are pretty strong.

Now, why would (what appears to be) the U.S. government support a one sided view that clearly bashes a specific popular religion ?

IT GETS BETTER PROJECT

What is the It Gets Better Project?

In September 2010, syndicated columnist and author Dan Savage created a YouTube video with his partner Terry Miller to inspire hope for young people facing harassment. In response to a number of students taking their own lives after being bullied in school, they wanted to create a personal way for supporters everywhere to tell LGBT youth that, yes, it does indeed get better.

The It Gets Better Project™ has become a worldwide movement, inspiring more than 40,000 user-created videos viewed more than 40 million times. To date, the project has received submissions from celebrities, organizations, activists, politicians and media personalities, including President Barack Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Adam Lambert, Anne Hathaway, Colin Farrell, Matthew Morrison of "Glee", Joe Jonas, Joel Madden, Ke$ha, Sarah Silverman, Tim Gunn, Ellen DeGeneres, Suze Orman, the staffs of The Gap, Google, Facebook, Pixar, the Broadway community, and many more. For us, every video changes a life. It doesn’t matter who makes it.

www.itgetsbetter.org...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why are you avoiding the questions I asked about the list I posted? Are you really going to "give up" that easily?

To help you out, here is a link to it.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

well ok.

I will ponder that answer for a while.
(even if I never figure it out)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The bottom line considering the separation of church and state in this country Savage is wasting his time so the left wing.

Government can't tell the Catholic Church or any other church what to do.

Consider that little fact and the true face is revealed pitting two sides agianst each other to garner votes.

Dance little puppets dance to that tune

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You and I both know that was only an evasive tactic! I also would like to know his/her personal view concerning your "guess". I wonder if we will get it.

See ya,
Milt

edit on 2-5-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

The key word in the amendment Harmon filed is "condemn", and not "bully".

An example of the difference between "condemn" and "bully":
Though I feel you and "Annee" have went to extraordinary lengths to "CONDEMN" Christians, I don't feel that it would be accurate to construe those actions as an effort to "BULLY" them. Perhaps I am wrong though.

Mention anything against Christianity - - - you are Condemning Christians - - anti-Christian - - bullying Christians - - - hating Christians - - - etc.

AGAIN - - I was raised Christian. I speak of what I know. Unlike many Christians slamming and saying hateful things about what they know nothing about - - such as homosexuality and Islam.

There are many LGBTQ Christians.
There are many Christians in full support of LGBTQ rights.
There are several denominations that now have LGBTQ ministers.

And - - I will state I believe - - the majority of those that consider themselves Christian - - agree with Savage and the hypocrisy of "pick & choose" Leviticus.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join