It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment
I was talking about Savage and people like him mostly of the liberal persuasion, they only tolerant to their belief systems...they want to silence everyone else....and Christianity is in their sites right now.
"So your little son starts to act a little girlish when he is four years old and instead of squashing that like a cockroach and saying, 'Man up, son, get that dress off you and get outside and dig a ditch, because that is what boys do,' you get out the camera and you start taking pictures of Johnny acting like a female and then you upload it to YouTube and everybody laughs about it and the next thing you know, this dude, this kid is acting out childhood fantasies that should have been squashed." Read more: www.towleroad.com...
Originally posted by beezzer
Originally posted by signalfire
Dan Savage is an intelligent, well spoken beacon of light to the gay community. He's also very funny, and gives great advice.
I think he'd make a fine president.
Too bad some Christians don't seem to realize that the god they so want to suck up to (heh) also made some people gay.
Perhaps it's a population control device, but who are we to second guess creation? Let it be. Hate has no place in a public place of learning and all bullying should be banned.
The real issue that the OP has here is that the non-religionists (ie the people who seem to have a little less trouble thinking rationally) are fighting back against all the hate being spewed under the guise of spirituality.
How about addressing all the hate being spewed under the guise of political correctness?
Hate has no place in a public place of learning, neither does Savage.
"So your little son starts to act a little girlish when he is four years old and instead of squashing that like a cockroach and saying, 'Man up, son, get that dress off you and get outside and dig a ditch, because that is what boys do,' you get out the camera and you start taking pictures of Johnny acting like a female and then you upload it to YouTube and everybody laughs about it and the next thing you know, this dude, this kid is acting out childhood fantasies that should have been squashed," Harris said.
"Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch. Ok? You are not going to act like that. You were made by God to be a male and you are going to be a male. And when your daughter starts acting too butch, you reign [sic] her in. And you say, 'Oh, no, sweetheart. You can play sports. Play them to the glory of God. But sometimes you are going to act like a girl and walk like a girl and talk like a girl and smell like a girl and that means you are going to be beautiful. You are going to be attractive. You are going to dress yourself up.
You say, “Can I take charge like that as a parent?”
Yeah, you can. You are authorized. I just gave you a special dispensation this morning to do that."
Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Annee
Why is the NSPA-JEA Denouncing Dan Savage? There must be a reason.
Oh yeah, Mr. Savage belittled the faith of others.
Dear Dr. Laura
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them.
1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.
4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don.t agree. Can you settle this?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn.t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your devoted disciple and adoring fan, Jack
Man fatally beats toddler 'to make him act like a boy instead of a girl'
In a horrible tragedy on Long Island's Shinnecock Indian Reservation, a 20-year-old man is accused of beating to death the 17-month-old boy he was babysitting. Pedro Jones told police he beat the child with closed fists in an effort to "make [the toddler] act like a boy instead of a little girl."
Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
In short, here's a guy who supports Christians bullying people, especially people who aren't Christians.
Why isn't he being called a hater?
Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Dan Savage is full of hate. Just check out his actions on YouTube.
Rikki Reeves · Vancouver, British Columbia
Tact and diplomacy are find things to use when are kids aren't DYING. Every conversation that is hushed or kept "respectful" and risks the life of a trouble gay teen is a conversation that needed this type of abrupt, in your face speech. You don't like the fact that Dan is through with wearing kid gloves and is pushing back? Then stop homophobia in your schools, treat your gay kids as what they are - NORMAL - and start to understand that when you throw stones at us - SOME OF US ARE GOING TO THROW THEM BACK.
Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Annee
You seem to be going "the extra mile" to justify the hatred that LGBTs seem to have against Christians.
You also seem to feel LGBTs are above reproach, so I reckon it's only fair that I post the following list of famous LGBTs, and then ask you couple of questions about it.