It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

We don't really know just how Jesus would approach him. He did overturn the money changers in the temple

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

Mark 11:15

He admonished the scribes and pharisees

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Matthew 23:27

He also said he came not to bring peace but a sword
Matthew 10:34

Yet he replaced the ear of the Roman soldier after his disciple cut it off.

So, we do not know just how Jesus would approach this.

some footnotes

I came, not to send peace, but a sword. By the "sword" may be meant the Gospel, which is the means of dividing and separating the people of Christ from the men of the world, and from their principles and practices, and one relation from another; as also of divisions, discords, and persecutions arising from it: not that it was the intention and design of Christ, in coming into the world, to foment and encourage such things; but this, through the malice and wickedness of men, was eventually the effect and consequence of his coming; see Luke 12:51 where, instead of a "sword", it is "division"; because the sword divides asunder, as does the sword of the Spirit, the word of God.

bible.cc...

edit on 1-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I reckon you're just not capable of being honest. That's fine...

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

The Bible.
We'll just talk about the bible for a second.
People often point out that "we can't help it about the anti-gay bullying because it says right there in Leviticus, it says right there in Timothy, it says right there in Romans, that being gay is wrong."

He couldn't even finish saying that before the first person was walking out. 21 seconds into the video, the first person passes the camera. He wouldn't have even finished saying HALF of that before she decided to pack up and walk out.

Sorry, this looks a bit too set up for me. It's like the UN meetings when Iran is speaking - everyone listens for the magic word (Israel) and walks out in mock disgust. Looks like a group of students were given the word to walk out at the first mention of Christianity.

Hold the phone a minute.

Dan boy DID know where he was didn't he ?

A "set up" is certainly possible but......

The name of the school IS......

Arrowhead Christian High School in Redlands, CA

The only set up I see is Savage himself creating a giant boondoggle for the Obama campaign !!

Many, many, many Obama people have been "dropping the ball" lately ...

I wonder why ?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here is one view from a parent at the school the other day.

Warning: this is a Breitbart Story !!!

The father of two students who attended the high school journalism conference where White House-endorsed "anti-bullying" advocate Dan Savage attacked the Bible and Christianity has spoken out vehemently against Savage and against the conference organizers.

"My son and daughter both attend Arrowhead Christian High School in Redlands, CA," Philip Naman told Breitbart News. "They were at the event.

"My son is the first boy you see leaving on the video. My daughter is right behind him. They felt that they were there to hear about journalism and this man's fight against bullying. They had no idea, and neither did I, of who Dan Savage actually was.

Exclusive - Parent of Kids Who Walked Out on Savage: 'What a Pig'

I think Savage thought he had an easy target.....being the Lamb killer he is.

-- Some people are deer hunters, some people are lamb killers

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Make sure you read comments on site following full article.

Dan Savage Points Out the Hypocrisy in the Bible… So Young Journalists Walk Out on Him

April 29, 2012 By Hemant Mehta

Does anyone really think another speaker offering virtually the same content — but without the mockery and swearing — would have been perfectly well-received? I don’t. The moment you point out the hypocrisy in the Bible, people are bound to get upset. You’re hurting their brains with your honesty.

I’m actually surprised that those students walked out of the room. Even if you didn’t like what Savage was saying, isn’t that a story worth writing about?! You can’t cover a story if you ignore what your subject is saying, even if it goes against your personal beliefs.

The kids who walked out of that room weren’t “proud Christians.” They were bad journalists

.www.patheos.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The name of the school IS......

Arrowhead Christian High School in Redlands, CA

He knew EXACTLY where he was,and WHO he was speaking to.

He cant play dumb,on this.

He took a swipe at Christianity.

Period.

And then he screams tolerance ?

HYPOCRITE

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Indeed

After all the bible does say to

Turn the other cheek

Now don't it?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
But its OK for a good Christian daddy to make comments like this.

"This puke felt at ease enough to speak like that in front of a little girl. What a pig."

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Make sure you read comments on site following full article.

Dan Savage Points Out the Hypocrisy in the Bible… So Young Journalists Walk Out on Him

April 29, 2012 By Hemant Mehta

Does anyone really think another speaker offering virtually the same content — but without the mockery and swearing — would have been perfectly well-received? I don’t. The moment you point out the hypocrisy in the Bible, people are bound to get upset. You’re hurting their brains with your honesty.

I’m actually surprised that those students walked out of the room. Even if you didn’t like what Savage was saying, isn’t that a story worth writing about?! You can’t cover a story if you ignore what your subject is saying, even if it goes against your personal beliefs.

The kids who walked out of that room weren’t “proud Christians.” They were bad journalists

.www.patheos.com...

Perhaps this story is suggesting that Savage fully intended to insult somebody ?

Would you say he was "successful" ?

But I think it backfired.

Unless his true agenda is/was to smear Obama.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, it's totally in keeping with the leftist profile of this administration. Something like a continuation of the Kevin Jennings school safety czar. I guess Savage is the school bully czar.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
But its OK for a good Christian daddy to make comments like this.

"This puke felt at ease enough to speak like that in front of a little girl. What a pig."

Perhaps not.

But the parent was not talking to a room full of kids at a journalism lecture inside a school.

He was talking to adults about another adult.

Can you see the difference ?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Of course Savage calling them panzy asses is totally acceptable

Second

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Wrong.

He was supposed to talk about bulling. Not the Bible.Not Christianity.

He knows that his comments are going to be scrutinized,as they should be.

Dan Savage is a household name thanks to his “It Gets Better” video project, which has gained popularity since its creation in September 2010. Inspired by gay teen suicides, Dan Savage is showing LGBT youth around the world that “it gets better.” Millions have participated and been inspired by his project so far. Savage is also a popular syndicated sex advice columnist with his “Savage Love” column. With his frank, funny advice on sex and relationships, he creates a safe space for all audiences to honestly discuss “taboo” topics. The “It Gets Better” project asks people to make and upload short positive videos about their experiences about the LGBT community. Millions have viewed the videos and participated so far, including President Barack Obama and entertainer Janet Jackson. Advertising Age has called “It Gets Better” one of the top social media campaigns of 2010. His new book is titled “It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying and Creating a Life Worth Living.”

LINK

Was it a safe topic for ALL audiences,as they walked out ?

he creates a safe space for all audiences to honestly discuss “taboo” topics.

His "version" of honesty.

He didn't talk about bulling taking place in the bible. He talked about his VIEW of the bible. Big Difference.

A hypocrite,talking about hypocrisy.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fbluth
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah the agenda is to get the religious folks to realize they don't get to dictate what goes on in this world.

So, bingo, we all have an agenda.....except our agenda doesn't involve preaching against one group of people many many sundays of the year.

If a bully can't take being bullied then they should stop....you can't go bullying the entire world and then when people start fighting back act like the victim.....but that is also a very christian/religious trait.

So by that same token, Non-religious folks should also refrain from dictating how I live my life, correct? Or is it just religious folk who do this? Last I checked, I have a multitude of people (Christian/religious and non-religious) who are trying to tell me I have no right to defend myself if attacked. They want to take away my firearms, i'm told that marajuana is "illegal and harmful" and that if I don't accept everything and everyone around me, i'm just full of hate.

Well guess what; after 25 years on this grand ole' earth, I DO, in fact, hate everyone. Congratulations, you've succeeded. Do I bully? No. It's neither my job, nor my responsibility. I worry about me & mine, just like all the people trying to control my life should do. Religion is not the source of all this. People are. It's time HUMANITY stepped up to the plate and took responsibility.

No one man or woman can say that they've never bullied someone. That is absolutely impossible, being as humanity is evil in nature (regardless of whether or not you believe in God or the bible or the Torah or any other religious book). I fully and completely include myself in that. It's ignoring this evil, putting it aside or behind you, that truly constitutes "Love". Why must we continuously attack each other? I do not believe Mr. Savage has any reason or right to be speaking on this. Being as he appears to be of the homosexual persuasion himself, there's a bias involved. Does that mean I should, or that someone else should be taking the stage on this? No, because as stated above, we're all evil. This means that no one of us is any better than any other, therefore does not allow for one to dictate one anothers beliefs or actions. The proof is in the words we use in everyday life. Words like "fag", "scum", "stupid", "retarded"....It takes a deviant and hateful mind to think of such things. No self-respecting person would perpetrate this kind of insensitive, horrible malingering on someone else. I think I can safely make the assumption that there are very few self-respecting people left in this world.

The denial of that evil is what is truly destroying us as a race, and a people, and until everyone stands up together with one voice, reaches out and takes control of this horrific mess TOGETHER, we shall continue down this self appointed path of misery, apathy, and constant and utter hatred and deceit towards one another.

Just my two cents, probably not even worth that much.
Etarson

edit on 1-5-2012 by Etarson because: Spelling errors.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Etarson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Etarson

Originally posted by fbluth
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah the agenda is to get the religious folks to realize they don't get to dictate what goes on in this world.

So, bingo, we all have an agenda.....except our agenda doesn't involve preaching against one group of people many many sundays of the year.

If a bully can't take being bullied then they should stop....you can't go bullying the entire world and then when people start fighting back act like the victim.....but that is also a very christian/religious trait.

So by that same token, Non-religious folks should also refrain from dictating how I live my life, correct? Or is it just religious folk who do this? Last I checked, I have a multitude of people (Christian/religious and non-religious) who are trying to tell me I have no right to defend myself if attacked. They want to take away my firearms, i'm told that marajuana is "illegal and harmful" and that if I don't accept everything and everyone around me, i'm just full of hate.

Well guess what; after 25 years on this grand ole' earth, I DO, in fact, hate everyone. Congratulations, you've succeeded. Do I bully? No. It's neither my job, nor my responsibility. I worry about me & mine, just like all the people trying to control my life should do. Religion is not the source of all this. People are. It's time HUMANITY stepped up to the plate and took responsibility.

No one man or woman can say that they've never bullied someone. That is absolutely impossible, being as humanity is evil in nature (regardless of whether or not you believe in God or the bible or the Torah or any other religious book). I fully and completely include myself in that. It's ignoring this evil, putting it aside or behind you, that truly constitutes "Love".
edit on 1-5-2012 by Etarson because: Spelling errors.

Not sure what your point is.
If we are all equal in humanity.
It is assinine to expect an other equal to step up.
Get IT ljb
PS especially a guy that has absolutly nothing to to with most humans and throws a hissy fit if his equals flip him off.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Read the rest of my post, I also wasn't satisfied with the conclusion i'd come to.

We are all equally horrible, however we CAN change this, it just takes everyone working together. And I don't disassociate myself from anyone, I just don't meddle in others affairs.

EDIT: I also just got out of the hospital, still a tad bit groggy, so if after re-reading my point is still incoherent, let me know and i'll try and reword in a new post as best as possible.

Also, I'm not comprehending this statement: PS especially a guy that has absolutly nothing to to with most humans and throws a hissy fit if his equals flip him off.
Please elaborate if you can.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Etarson because: ?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Read the rest of my post, I also wasn't satisfied with the conclusion i'd come to.

We are all equally horrible, however we CAN change this, it just takes everyone working together. And I don't disassociate myself from anyone, I just don't meddle in others affairs.

EDIT: I also just got out of the hospital, still a tad bit groggy, so if after re-reading my point is still incoherent, let me know and i'll try and reword in a new post as best as possible.

Also, I'm not comprehending this statement: PS especially a guy that has absolutly nothing to to with most humans and throws a hissy fit if his equals flip him off.

Sure I think you are fine.
I hope you recover to the best the collective consciences can help you with.
It is really not about you or I.
The meathead owes all of us an apology. For attacking some of us.
PS from a Christain perspective he has a free pass any way.
But from an understanding of humanity . It would go a long way.
edit on 5/1/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Sure I think you are fine.
I hope you recover to the best the collective consciences can help you with.
It is really not about you or I.
The meathead owes all of us an apology. For attacking some of us.
PS from a Christain perspective he has a free pass any way.
But from an understanding of humanity . It would go a long way.
edit on 5/1/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

Well, I agree that he does owe an apology to those children. Does anyone know if this was mandatory attendance or not? I remember in high school, 2003, at Spring High School in Spring, Texas, we had something similar. A speaker (Can't remember the name) came to talk about how we need to just accept everything that happens in the world around us, and not fight back against it. Myself and several other students took the tact opposite of these kids, and stood up to her. After about 30 minutes of a go around, I and my friend Eric were invited to the stage to hold an actual debate with the woman. After another 30 minutes or so, she gathered up her things, said we were both close minded pricks, and left. The SECOND she walked out the auditorium door, the entire student body started cheering.

I can promise you that even some of the kids that stayed felt the exact same way. However, when in this society is a child allowed to stand up for themselves, I ask you? Isn't that...dare I say it..."Bullying?" EVERYONE IS GUILTY, NOONE IS EXEMPT. Stop spewing hate (both sides) and just agree that this was tactless, regardless of the information provided. And to those saying Christianity/Religion is brainwashing/misleading/etc.., How are any of you any different than those you're calling out?

You're calling out bullying with MORE BULLYING!

Sometimes, a person just has to sit back and go...Is what i'm doing okay("Okay"is not equal to "Socially Acceptable" [aka politically correct, but that's another topic.])? If your answer is yes, but the majority answer no, then you might just be wrong. Notice I said "Might just be". Only you can truly judge yourself, as only you can ever know your true motivations. Why is there so much hatred? Has the world always been so full of this self loathing?

You say Christians/Religious folks have a close minded stance...how about yourselves saying it can't possibly be true? Isn't that one and the same?

I figure i'll get flamed and painted a "Christian" or "Sympathizer", when in fact, I'm neither. I'm just a kid who sees his future falling apart because people hate themselves, and is trying to do something about it.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Etarson because: Ugh, so bleary eyed. Spelling edit.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Etarson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by xuenchen

Happy Mayday Eve, comrades! Soon, we will no longer assume the position.

When will some learn that being judgemental, confrontational, smug and ignorant isn't how the historical (or even living) Jesus would approach Dan Savage or the "left" (as if they exist as a cohesive group).

Then again, it's apparent that many who self identify as "right wing" say whatever pops in their heads in regards to their percieved religion and percieved threats to said religion's "way of life."

It must be a relief to think in absolutes that are verified no where but one's expectations.

Quoted for truth, only it ABSOLUTELY goes both ways.

I move to start a new political party, we'll call it the United party. Wait, that would mean that people would have to agree on major issues, which in my short life (26 years) I have yet to see. Why is this???

And why is it that CHILDREN are being forced to take the brunt of all attacks?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Originally posted by zerotime

The Bible lists 39 things that Christians cannot do on the Sabbath. I don't know any Christians that keep that commandment.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ignorance continues.
Either you are anti Christain or ignorant.
You have no where else to go with this.

Soo, now the 10 commandments don't matter either? That will be news to most Christians. You're only reply to others posters is to call them ignorant - which you are now reported for btw.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join