It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Deleted as I misinterpreted Neo's post... *facepalm*

edit on 30-4-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Thanks, we could hope so.

This whole campaign is thinly veiled at best, imo Savage was outright
intimidating, spouting hate, and then he bullied those kids who walked out.

He is what is commonly known as a hypocrite.

As for the Whitehose.gov supporting this, well thats a clear agenda.

And another thing, having him up there on multiple screens like that....

Talk about Orwellian!
edit on 30-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Doesn't that Savage guy have a new show on mtv where he goes around to colleges and talks about sex?
Yeah, watched 5 min of it and realized he is a super-douche. I bet he feels so hip and cool going around talking about sex. He must know it all.... douche.

Dan Savage got his start here in Seattle writing a sex advice column called "Savage Love" for local paper The Stranger approximately 20 years ago. He is flippant, irreverent, intelligent, funny, insightful, and entertaining. There was a period in the early to mid 90s when people would get very excited when the latest edition of The Stranger was delivered (to bars, restaurants, etc...). Nine times out of ten the very first thing people would do is flip to the back of the paper to read "Savage Love" (and then to "I Saw U", but that's an entirely different story). "Savage Love" was eventually syndicated nationwide and he has gone on to do much, much more than simply write a sex advice column.

In other words, if anyone is qualified to have a show that centers around asking people about their sex lives, it would be Dan Savage.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I think Savage is an idiot and lets get to the real issue here gay rights/same sex marriage isn't about getting accepted or recognized by God it is all about Government.

Traditional marriage has always been about getting the blessings of God living in a holy union fast forward to the 21st century the only thing marriage is about is money and parental rights.

That's it.

They want Government to give them something they already have just because someone else has a different belief and that belief is protected by this constitution no matter what one thinks.

This whole deal is like every other issues liberals cry about money and its always someone else's.

I don't give one rats ass about marriage let them they want to give their other halves the ability to take the house,their cars,the kitchen sink, and their dogs.

So be it.

What needs to end is the political manipulation of a perceived problem to usurp power that was in the place where it has always been in their own hands.

That's my take no one has to agree and don't really care if they do disagree with it.
edit on 30-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hi xue,
Great OP !! Thanks for getting the news out about this loud mouthed christian basher.
I wonder if he would go into one of his tirades if Barry was distracted by some Biden question?? Would he yell in a hissy fit that the POTUS was a pancy a##???
Yikes ljb
edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: a

PS 11 pages 33 flags easy division do I hear 34
edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: 34 35 36

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here are some of the heavy hitter supporters.

I think Savage is a good con man.

And a professional BeeEss'er.

Supporters really need to ask for an audit of his 501(c)(3) outfit and make sure you support the people getting paid the big money !! He started that tax status in Sept 2010....It Gets Better Project

They could be hoodwinking you.

Maybe these people are too !!

These videos seem to be made right about the time Savage set up his tax status company !! Hmmm.

Speaker Pelosi adds her voice to the chorus of Americans across the country as part of the It Gets Better Project to tell LGBT youth: you are not alone, it gets better.
Flashback: Nancy Pelosi Teams With Anti-Christian Bully Savage

As part of the It Gets Better Project, Vice President Joe Biden offers a message of support to LGBT youth who are being bullied. November 17, 2010.
Flashback Biden Teams With Anti-Christian Bully Savage

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton delivers a message to the LGBT community that "Tomorrow Will Be Better," at the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C., October 19, 2010.
Flashback: Hillary Clinton Teams With Anti-Christian Bully Savage

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
These people are all evil because people keep saying they are evil.... No evidence that Nancy Pelosi is much more than a milk toast, vanilla sort of corrupt and self serving politician. She's got a lot of investment in military contractors -- so she pushes military solutions. That's about par for the course.

I don't have all day to mention all the "EVIL' that we can find if we google ANY Republican or person NOT on this bill in Congress.

Then there is the magic word "George Soros". He tried to make a buck on Air America because there is almost no liberal programming and a lot of Liberals in the country -- makes sense to me. It was mismanaged and failed. But Soros is just a businessman. He's just SLIGHTLY to the Left but he's like anyone else making a buck -- but, so that some people can keep it "equivalent" he gets mentioned as if he's always plotting like the Koch brothers.
We don't know what he does that is evil -- but it's important that we say anything vaguely associated with someone running a business while being a Liberal needs to be called evil -- so that ACTUAL EVIL can fly under the radar. I have yet to see something credible -- but a lot of people making NOISE about Soros, as if loud people without any point are going to be convincing -- yet they keep trying....

.... sheesh -- for every gem on this website, we've got to endure a few shovelfuls of THIS kind of nonsense. There are enough horrible things in the world, without having to make a big deal about who's shoving their face on the anti-bullying groups.

Seriously, are we going to be AGAINST Cat Juggling, because a fricken Democrat got on the board of directors for the Association Against Cat Juggling?

Stop sucking the air out of important discussions -- file this one under the Birth Certificate Issue while you are at it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What?

Oh My God!

Seriously and those same people backed OWS the biggest bunch of Bigots there was and still are.

What a bunch of Hypocrites!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Oh God -- it's so diabolical that some people in politics manage to put their faces on the poster for "anti bullying."

Of all the corrupt 501C programs you guys come up with THIS?

We've got pro toxic waste and pro drilling charity groups....

... never mind. I'm just going to have to hope that nobody on the fence ever gets influenced by this high noise to signal ratio kind of discussion.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think the speaker could have done a much better job discussing the topic, but I believe the argument that Christians are giant self-serving hypocrites is a valid argument. When a "Christian" is challenged on gay rights they point to scripture. Okay, scripture doesn't support gays. But why are these same Christians not so adamant about defending the other thousands of Biblical Laws?

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Pick up sticks on a Saturday = being stoned to Death.
"When a woman has a discharge of blood, which is her regular discharge from her body, she shall be in her impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening." -- Leviticus 15:19-20

This is just a tiny list. There are literally pages and pages of this insanity. These are all laws written in the Bible by "God".

edit on 30-4-2012 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your response makes a lot of sense - obviously I misinterpreted your original post, sorry about that.

All the best,

Fly.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I think the speaker could have done a much better job discussing the topic, but I believe the argument that Christians are giant self-serving hypocrites is a valid argument. When a "Christian" is challenged on gay rights they point to scripture. Okay, scripture doesn't support gays. But why are these same Christians not so adamant about defending the other thousands of Biblical Laws?

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Pick up sticks on a Saturday = being stoned to Death.
"When a woman has a discharge of blood, which is her regular discharge from her body, she shall be in her impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening." -- Leviticus 15:19-20

This is just a tiny lists. There are literally pages and pages of this insanity. These are all laws written in the Bible by "God".

Well if the meathead was quoting from here then you are as ignorant as he is.

LEVITICUS - JewishEncyclopedia.com
www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/9867-leviticus

The English name is derived from the Latin "Liber Leviticus," which is from the Greek (το) Λενιτικόν (i.e., βιβλίον). In Jewish writings it is customary to cite the ...

In Jewish writings it is customary to cite the book by its first word," Wa-yiḳra." The book is, composed of laws which treat of the functions of the priests, or the Levites in the larger sense. It is in reality a body of sacerdotal law. The various laws comprising this collection are represented as spoken by Yhwh to Moses between the first day of the first month of the second year after the Exodus and the first day of the second month of the same year (comp. Ex. xl. 17 and Num. i. 1). There is no note of a definite time in Leviticus itself, but from the references cited it is clear that in the continuous narrative of the Pentateuch this is the chronological position of the book.

edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: stuff

edit on 4/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: link

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Why does it matter what Jews do? We are talking about Christians. And it isn't just one Book. Gods "laws" are in every single book of the Bible. Only a tiny handful are listed as a sample. Like I said, there are pages and pages of this insanity. People try to wash these crazy laws away with any sort of excuse.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Threads like these make me worry, not for ATS but for the people of the Earth.

It seems truth and intelligence get's knocked for being mean or hurtful.

The amount of stories where a religious or bigot (or is a word you can take away in some cases) has bullied another person (not necessarily gay) and where were you all? The ones calling someone a bully, a hypocrite. Where were you?

You were cheering them on. For free speech and all that BS.

This website is like the Daily Mail. Most of the time it's fully of country-bashing, people hating, and usually religious people. Sometimes it's got comments from people of intelligence, fairness and open-mindedness.

I'm not being any of those things in this comment, because no one here is looking "at both sides".

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by voidla

ATS use to be a good website. It really did. Back in the day when posters had original topics. It has changed. Now it's just a place to repost Drudge Report headlines. there is little original content anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by voidla
Threads like these make me worry, not for ATS but for the people of the Earth.

It seems truth and intelligence get's knocked for being mean or hurtful.

The amount of stories where a religious or bigot (or is a word you can take away in some cases) has bullied another person (not necessarily gay) and where were you all? The ones calling someone a bully, a hypocrite. Where were you?

You were cheering them on. For free speech and all that BS.

This website is like the Daily Mail. Most of the time it's fully of country-bashing, people hating, and usually religious people. Sometimes it's got comments from people of intelligence, fairness and open-mindedness.

I'm not being any of those things in this comment, because no one here is looking "at both sides".

Hi vio
Could you explain why you say there are TWO sides??
thanks ljb

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Why does it matter what Jews do? We are talking about Christians. And it isn't just one Book. Gods "laws" are in every single book of the Bible. Only a tiny handful are listed as a sample. Like I said, there are pages and pages of this insanity. People try to wash these crazy laws away with any sort of excuse.

Well I guess ignorance is bliss
Are you telling me I am talking about Christianity??
That is untrue. I am talking about a loudmouthed bully meathead Dan something.
By your own admittance you have no idea what you are talking about.
Unless you adhere to Anti Christianism???

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This type of thing encourages gay bashing. I am above that and I know its wrong but, I would be willing to make an exception for Savage.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I'm all for it this is the first thing your government has given aid to that i support. I #ing hate religion, we should all donate money to any foundation willing to expose it's lies and propose both options, especially to easily mislead children. If so many of you " christians" were given the option at a young age with out bias by parenting would you have stayed with it? I was allowed to go to church because I wanted to, then as I decided not to " It's your decision son, and I will respect it." Do you want to know the reason I left? I was taught to love everyone and treat them as equals, unless they believe in something else or are gay.... We're all people, god is god in my eyes. Although I view him much differently than I was forced to through church, I still believe in " A " god/ess (source, the beginning) However I more or less follow what Jesus taught. His words not the rewritten BS every pastor, priest and holyman around the world twists into abomonations. Love your parents, friends, neighbours and fellow man. Treat all life with respect and dignity. Live your life to the best of your ability, and last but not least the most abolished of his words. Ask and you will receive. Mainly the ask, Religion almost entirely since christs death has never allowed questions to be asked. It is how it is, and that's it. The bible has been rewritten and translated so many times it's lost all meaning. The original, is long lost to the common man, buried somewhere deep in the vatican most likely and whether you god loving self righteous christians believe it or not is nothing like the bull# you preach. NOTHING LIKE IT! And considering the name of your blasphemous religion has the saviors name in it, I find it rather disturbing you aren't searching for " His " words, nor following them. I spit on your attempt to spread propaganda on the only thing close to exposing the lie you perpetuate. Deny ignorance, is that not our site's slogan? I've never met a more ignorant bunch than Religious quacks, aside from the few you're all hypocritical jack asses. I'll laugh when you're turned down from the most holy of reunions for the abominations the majority of you commit every Sunday through Saturday. If you don't believe me look into things yourself. Find the closest thing you can to the original bible, how ever it will likely be in aramaic or an ancient greek dialect whose name is lost by me atm, or Hebrew[keep in mind these versions have been rewritten over and over as well]) Keep in mind any book with the words " New " " King James" or any of the other abominations are false from cover to cover. How ever, another route can be taken but your new bible bull# forbids it, I suggest it above all, ask for enoch, follow the teachings and ask the angels yourself. May god forgive you, and may he punish those that mislead you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is absolutely hilarious. Dan Savage tells the absolute truth about the bible and cherry picking, and now "Christians" are up in arms about it. Lets be serious now.

The words he used weren't even directed any anyone personally, if someone took it personally it was because they were in fact guilty of the exact thing he was saying.

All I have seen now is constant whining from the conservative right about persecution this, persecution that, boo hoo boo hoo. I am getting a taste of my own medicine, and it's pretty bitter. Make it stop please QQ.

Welcome to the shoe being on the other foot, it's not so nice when the pendulum begins to swing the other way is it?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join