It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong quakes hit across eastern Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What is really happening with all of these quakes? Not just in Japan but other places too, I see.I don't know how far this is from Fukishima and the other reactors, but whatever the case if this is on the same fault line, could this be another prelude to another huge Quake? Sure hope not.

Does anyone out there know the area of which I spoke and have jus a rudimentary knowledge or professional knowledge of this?

Just curious.

enenews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">< br />
Enenews

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.8 jolted Chiba Prefecture and its vicinity Sunday evening, measuring lower 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 near its epicenter in the northeastern part of the prefecture east of Tokyo, the weather agency said.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Well, Edgar Cayce did say Japan must go into the sea.

Perhaps it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Looking at the map, it seems the quakes are dancing all around Fukushima... Scary stuff man. How many more jolts can those crippled reactors take?? Creepin closer and closer to the edge.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Glad you're here Rachel....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Japan falls in the water.... the world keeps on spinnin

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Perhaps it is.

Wha wha whaaaat ?

How in the flock------- have I not heard that before ? I want answers. I'm no Cayce buff but I thought for sure I would have heard that before now.

So can you confirm this is one from the sleeping prophet partner ?
edit on 29-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Japan falls in the water.... the world keeps on spinnin

perhaps, but the catch is she would be her own disco ball, glowing in the night.
With all the reactors in Japan, it would be a planet killer if Japan goes into the sea .

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Still well within the normal aftershock sequence for such a large earthqiake

There was a previously unknown fault that was found directly under the plant, but it is (so far) inactive.

The possibility of another quake of that size in that area is remote, although there still exists the possibility for a large (M8+) aftershock in the region.

If you're noticing more quakes, it may be due to relevance; that is since you've begun looking at them, they seem to be everywhere.

Similar to the way you notice cars of a certain type when you get a new car; there aren't any more than there were before, you just didn't notice th because they didn't carry any specific meaning to you.

ETA:

Any quake that shakes the plant itself is usually posted pretty quickly in the megathread if visible shaking occurs.
edit on 29-4-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: Fixed a paragraph and a typo; also added a comment.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychonautical
How many more jolts can those crippled reactors take??

Crippled?
My friend, 3 of those reactors were in Full Meltdown within 12 hours of the Tidal Wave.
Remember how Tepco was telling us all is good, under control.

Crippled ,no. Dead ,yes.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
I don't know how far this is from Fukishima
Does anyone out there know the area of which I spoke

One can do a google search.
distance from chiba to fukushima

Driving directions
4 hours 32 mins
323.1 km

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.8 jolted Chiba Prefecture and its vicinity Sunday evening, measuring lower 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 near its epicenter in the northeastern part of the prefecture east of Tokyo, the weather agency said.

This is confusing me. Is it saying the Japanese seismic intensity scale is a maximum rating of 7? How does this quake compare to the Richter scale ratings?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Perhaps it is.

Wha wha whaaaat ?

How in the flock------- have I not heard that before ? I want answers. I'm no Cayce buff but I thought for sure I would have heard that before now.

So can you confirm this is one from the sleeping prophet partner ?
edit on 29-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

You can find it here - www.edgarcayce.org... AND here - www.edgarcayce.org...

The links are an interpretation and opinion, not factual or time-based, so come to your own conclusions, but he did say it.

“As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye …” Edgar Cayce reading 3976-15

Does make you think....

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Japan uses the Shindo Scale rather than any sort of Magnitude Scale.

The main difference being that the scale that Japan uses measures the effects of a quake rather than the intensity of the energy released.

You could have earthquakes of different Magnitudes (M5 and M7, for example) but the same Shindo (say Shindo 5) depending on distance to the epicenter, depth, local geology etc. Even though the second hypothetical quake was the larger of the two, if it were further away the shaking would not be as severe as the smaller if it were closer.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thank you. I just did a wikipedia search. If anyone is interested in seeing what damage an upper 5 can do.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

This screen gives you a picture of the distance of Fukushima and the recent quakes, looks pretty normal at the moment.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

edit on 29-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by Mianeye because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hey more sushi for me!!

March, April, May is the most active time for earthquakes of the year.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Interesting about Cayce. And Japan continues to move... down. Each quake is another subduction event so to speak, isn't it? It would seem from a certain perspective that Japan is indeed sinking... albeit slowly.

I know that reports have surfaced that stated that portions of Japans coast line actually sunk to some degree. And them waves would sink anything, I think. Is there any other corroboration that maybe some parts of Japan (like mountain ranges) have risen in elevation? Subduction works both ways. Portions of the seabed plunge deeper and that pushes mountains inland higher right?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
according to an earlier thread there's reason for concern regarding stability of the storage pool at building 4. i guess the whole thing could give way at any time with these kinda quakes happening. there's a crap-tonne of spent fuel that could potentially end up lying on the bare ground in open air.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
according to an earlier thread there's reason for concern regarding stability of the storage pool at building 4. i guess the whole thing could give way at any time with these kinda quakes happening. there's a crap-tonne of spent fuel that could potentially end up lying on the bare ground in open air.

In the event of a tsunami could this crap-tonne of spent fuel end up in the ocean?

BTW: About 1974 I saw William O. Douglas, Supreme Court justice speak. He said Russia was handling nuclear waste just that way, dumping on the ground.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Depends on several factors. The size of the tsunami, any prior damage to the SFPs, etc.

And it's not only Russia who has a history of less than adequate handling of nuclear waste:

National Strategies for Nuclear Waste Disposal: the EU

Buried Waste at the Idaho National Laboratory

Dangers of nuclear fission plants exposed; stand in contrast to cold fusion.

Just to highlight a few instances...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join