It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Ways the Media Doesn’t Understand Gun Owners.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Here's a compromise...

Since gun owners swear up and down that there's a difference between a responsible and irresponsible gun owner, how about a law that makes a psychological exam part of the purchasing process, and those deemed "responsible" can get implanted with a chip that when scanned, allows and catalogs the purchase. Can't counterfeit a proprietary implant. Well, not as easily as any document or license.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Great thread. I agree 100% being a gun owner ( multiple gun owner). To me the MSM likes to show only the down side, if you will, of guns, they never show anything related to being a responseable gun owner. Never a story about a gun saving a life or lives, allways the illegal side of gun ownership..

A few years back I had an incident to where I had to take anothers life with my gun, We were the victims of a attempted home invasion, It did'nt even get a write up in the local paper, but if I and my wife had been killed by these men, we would have been front page news, not just local but nation wide. That I am sure of.

I have a right to bear arms, and that right will not be infringed upon as long as I/we can take a breath.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Great thread. I agree 100% being a gun owner ( multiple gun owner). To me the MSM likes to show only the down side, if you will, of guns, they never show anything related to being a responseable gun owner. Never a story about a gun saving a life or lives, allways the illegal side of gun ownership..

A few years back I had an incident to where I had to take anothers life with my gun, We were the victims of a attempted home invasion, It did'nt even get a write up in the local paper, but if I and my wife had been killed by these men, we would have been front page news, not just local but nation wide. That I am sure of.

I have a right to bear arms, and that right will not be infringed upon as long as I/we can take a breath.

Very sad indeed. Did you send your story to the NRA. It would get published in the armed citizens portion of any one of their magazines. That seems to be the only place where things like this are reported. I'm sorry you had to use yours to take another life. I have been there too. Not a good feeling any way you look at it. But, at least you were able to protect your family and yourself.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by ANNED

Here's a compromise...

Since gun owners swear up and down that there's a difference between a responsible and irresponsible gun owner, how about a law that makes a psychological exam part of the purchasing process, and those deemed "responsible" can get implanted with a chip that when scanned, allows and catalogs the purchase. Can't counterfeit a proprietary implant. Well, not as easily as any document or license.

OMG are you seriously a real person right now?

"Implant with a chip?"

That's one of the reasons we own guns. "Tagging" people as suitable or non-suitable puts the control out of the hands of "We the People", and into the hands of whoever has control.

Will you please wake up and learn this?

Did you not watch Aaron Russo's movie Freedom to Fascism? If not, watch it. When you do, pay careful heed to what Aaron says when he talks to Nick Rockefeller.

And if you're shillin', GTFO.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Really? That's your idea of compromise? You'd treat every gun owner as a criminal even if they'd never had so much as a speeding ticket.

Who gets to design that psychological exam? Let me guess: a certified board of anti-gun zealots that ensures that no one can pass the exam. That outcome should be obvious to anyone that has ever watched the government in action and has the slightest bit of common sense. And as for the idea of micro-chipping the buyers, well, I'm not even going to bother with that one.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Pick your option: Get chipped and still be able to buy guns, or no chip and no guns. Sounds fair to me. Why are you scared of an implant if it grants you freedom?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Well see, that means crazy insane people and criminals all have a right to own a gun.

They had a right to a firearm before they were criminals, and mentally insane, well, no, they don't have a right to them either. If you have a significant depressive mental health history, a criminal record containing felonies, and/or a history of violence or domestic abuse, no, you should not be able to legally obtain a firearm. Felonies will obviously show up on federal FBI background checks. However, a private sale between two individuals will be able to bypass this type of control.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Or C) ... No chips.. carry on as usual..

Seriously? implant with a chip?... just how dumb are you?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

reply to post by vor78

Pick your option: Get chipped and still be able to buy guns, or no chip and no guns. Sounds fair to me. Why are you scared of an implant if it grants you freedom?

I'm sorry , but the words implant and freedom just don't belong in the same sentece with out a 'lack of' or 'non-existant' in their somewhere. I would never willinglly allow myself or anyone in my family to be chipped for any reason.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Why are you scared of an implant if it grants you freedom?

Are you really sure you want to set that precedent? Maybe we should apply that to more freedoms than just gun rights?

Ideas like yours, ones that go way too far, are the reason why gun owners won't listen to proposals for gun control legislation.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Since gun owners swear up and down that there's a difference between a responsible and irresponsible gun owner, how about a law that makes a psychological exam part of the purchasing process

As you're not familiar with the process of obtaining a pistol permit, in many states, you must consent to release, not only your criminal background, but your psychological and mental health medical records. In NY, the majority of the permit process is ruling a permittee out for domestic violence and/or mental health problems.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join